Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2021, 12:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

9x04: "THE AVENGING ANGEL" Episode Discussion Thread (11/11/2021 @ 8PM)

9x04 | The Avenging Angel
E P I S O D E DISCUSSION T H R E A D

episode synopsis
The Task Force races to locate a blacklister who uses any means necessary to return what has been unjustly stolen. Ressler asks Park for a favor. Cooper tries to piece together an event for which he has no memory.
Old 11-11-2021, 08:55 PM
Part-Time Fan

Oops!

Oops, I meant to post my new comment to THIS thread..."The Avenging Angel" But I accidentally made a "NEW THREAD" and titled it "Still trying to warm up to the show."I'm so sorry...if there's a way to transfer it here, please would you do so. I'm really sorry!
Old 11-12-2021, 01:33 PM
Part-Time Fan

Ok, so I'm with you guys and your comments. I thought this week I would warm up more to the show but honestly, I'm feeling discombobulated about it! I mean the blacklister was at least interesting (if unsavory)...but I'm just missing anything warm & familiar in the way of relationships/friendships re the characters. And of course the main relationship I'm missing has always been the biggest magnet of all for me and that's the friendship between Red & Dembe. And now that's GONE. Just a wild guess on my part but I wonder, although Dembe's role in the past had a lot of significance, he didn't have much dialogue, so I just wonder if they wrote him into an FBI agent to give him a bigger role in the show. Just a wild guess on my part at this point. But again, I really miss Dembe & Red's close friendship.

So I'm just saying there's not much at this point of anything from the episodes that kept me coming back like I used to, to hang onto. And in every scene with Red when I see that young woman hanging around, I think to myself, "Why?!" That should be Dembe!

Yes, and Agnes...a completely different girl, and much older than she should be after it only being "2 years." So to me, it's almost like with Liz being out of the picture, and Red not having a faithful, trusted friend, they're starting all over again, and it's just not holding the same appeal for me as it once did. And now we find out Park is sick? Good grief! I'll still give it another chance but honestly, I'm starting to fade fast. Sorry to leave such a bummer comment but I miss the previous version of the show! I do still love each of the characters, especially Aram; just still missing something warm & fuzzy I guess.

It was fun to see all your comments again though! I'll try really hard to leave a cheerier comment in the future if I can.
Old 11-13-2021, 03:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

So who is trying to set up Cooper for murder and why? It was good to see Charlene again.

Wow Ressler. You went so far to pass the drugtest. I was really surprised that Park helped him with a clean sample.

Red and Dembe.. I have no words..

And Park might have cancer.. seriously.. stop this show right now.

I really can't enjoy the show anymore..
Old 11-13-2021, 04:30 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Was an ok eppy

- Interesting about Cooper, wonder what the grudge is against him?
- Ressler, take a look at yourself will you, just stop..
- Going to paraphrase a line from Red and say 'what has happened to us'. Yes Dembe/Red what has happened!!, get back to the way you were...
- Park!!, seriously
Old 11-13-2021, 07:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda (View Post)
So who is trying to set up Cooper for murder and why? It was good to see Charlene again.

Wow Ressler. You went so far to pass the drugtest. I was really surprised that Park helped him with a clean sample.

Red and Dembe.. I have no words..

And Park might have cancer.. seriously.. stop this show right now.

I really can't enjoy the show anymore..
There is not much I could add tbh...

Marilyn hasn't posted yet at all, which makes me even sadder.

I'm still shocked about Park helping Ressler. I don't get it. She did the same as with her mother. And this after last weeks speech regarding his addiction. It's really not worth her character.
Old 11-13-2021, 08:28 AM
Elite Fan

I’ve been having DVR issues and the show didn’t even record! So I had to wait to watch which normally would have made me crazy. But didn’t even bother me this time. And sadly there were no comments on Tumblr or anything. That makes me sadder for our show.

I am so glad the other characters are getting screen time. Why didn’t they realize that this was a good idea sooner instead of playing Liz hates red for five years? They could have focused on the others and let the red mystery burn on the background.

I think whoever is after cooper is trying to get to Agnes which really makes me jump for joy, sigh. NOT!

And Ressler just really?????

And not having Rembe makes me even sadder.

And what’s really bad is this was truly a fairly decent episode with a plot I would enjoy in the past. I mean I just said last week we need a new big bad and I’m pretty sure the cooper story line will lead to that. They are focusing on other characters which is good. And I’m still stuck missing what we could have had.
Old 11-14-2021, 12:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm stuck missing that as well, Marilyn. You're not on your own. I simply can't get over the fact that they took the heart of the show away. And honestly, there is nothing to ship left, no connections, romances, relationship. Nothing. It feels soooo damn unemotional. The whole show I mean. That's what's bothering me so badly.

Oh right... You think the person that is coming for Cooper actually wants his/her hands on Agnes? That would be baaad!
Old 11-14-2021, 10:52 PM
Part-Time Fan

Kris, your comment about them taking the heart out of the show states exactly how I feel as well. No endearing relationships, Red & Dembe's close friendship a thing of the past apparently, now Park has to deal with having cancer (they'll likely need to bring in her husband's character at some point), Cooper now knows his wife killed that guy, so if she goes to jail, I wonder if they'll want to place Agnes with someone besides Cooper, so who might that be...possibly Red? Doubt it but it would be an interesting development. I mean they must have brought her back into the story line for some reason, like adding one more element to the storyline somehow.

The writers seem to be working overtime to give us viewers some interesting stories to care about, but trouble is, without the anchor relationship (Red & Dembe), it's not that easy for me to care that much about all the other plot lines.

And yes, Marilyn, they need to give Red some hair back. Please! Although he did have a bit more in the last episode. For me, it was just one more unnecessary change to the show! Oh my...I think we're all pretty much in agreement that we want the old show back. But we're kind of stuck with the new one...so again, I'll try to hang in there for another episode or two but things had better warm up for me to stick with it.
Old 11-15-2021, 03:25 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Also no mention of all about Red's illness, considering it was a big plotpoint last season, and what was the point of shaving his hair if it wasn't to do with his illness
Old 11-15-2021, 11:56 AM
Elite Fan

Jenny, I don’t think coopers wife killed that guy. Yep it was the guy she had the affair with. But I think someone is setting cooper up for it. Someone who would know all about that last history
Old 11-15-2021, 12:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_diamond (View Post)
Also no mention of all about Red's illness, considering it was a big plotpoint last season, and what was the point of shaving his hair if it wasn't to do with his illness
Oh yes, that's bothering me as well... First of all he was to die soon and now he survived two years without any visible health changes. So what was going on there? Will we ever find out what he was suffering from?

Jenny, true. Charlene didn't kill that guy she had an affair with Cooper thinks he did or better that somebody set him up. I really hope he won't turn himself in during the next episode since he was standing outside the police station. This scared me.
Old 11-15-2021, 12:09 PM
Elite Fan

I know. All I could think was that he needs to call Red.
Old 11-15-2021, 12:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

Exactly. Or ask the team for help. Aram asked multiple times...
Old 11-16-2021, 01:08 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fangirl49 (View Post)
Jenny, I don’t think coopers wife killed that guy. Yep it was the guy she had the affair with. But I think someone is setting cooper up for it. Someone who would know all about that last history
Marilyn, thank you for you very kind response to my admittedly dumb idea that Charlene killed that guy she had an affair with. Your idea of someone setting up Cooper for it makes SO much more sense. Pretty sure I'll be keeping my theories to myself from now on.

SO glad you're part of this forum!!

Miranda & Crazy Diamond, good question re wondering what in the world does someone have against Cooper that they're trying to frame him for that guy's demise. So now we've got that issue, along with Ressler's drug and anger issues, Park's illness and the distance between Red & Dembe. Sheesh, I'm thinking the writers got together this past summer and decided to come up with all these new issues to keep viewers coming back. Frankly at this point, I'd almost prefer if they had just come back, picking up exactly where they had left off when Liz was killed, but still making Red the new head of that global, historical organization. That would just leave the question of his illness though, and what the heck happened to it?! I think I'll run along for now and go watch a Jane Austen saga: different time, different issues.