Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2015, 12:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

So it really was in front of us all this time. At the time I watched the episode for the fist time I didn't think it was this important that she got the warrior gene. This explains so much of what she did and why she did it. Her whole life did turn upside down since the day she met Red. In what other way could a person react to all of this? Especially knowing now that the Warrior Gene had a lot to do with it as well.
Old 06-21-2015, 11:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda (View Post)
So it really was in front of us all this time. At the time I watched the episode for the fist time I didn't think it was this important that she got the warrior gene. This explains so much of what she did and why she did it. Her whole life did turn upside down since the day she met Red. In what other way could a person react to all of this? Especially knowing now that the Warrior Gene had a lot to do with it as well.
I somehow assumed that the warrior gene was important but I didn't think it would have that outcome... I thought it was for us to explain her behavior towards Tom, keeping him captive. And after that problem was solved without her shooting somebody or killing him, I kind of let go of it. But it continued the whole time.

Isn't it funny that the fourth episode of season 1 and season 2 each was so important on the long run?
Old 06-22-2015, 02:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It is funny. With this show you really need to pay good attention in every episode cause things keep coming back and I like that a lot.
Old 06-23-2015, 01:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
It is funny. With this show you really need to pay good attention in every episode cause things keep coming back and I like that a lot.
Exactly my thought... And this season I definitely will focus on episode 4 again
Old 06-23-2015, 01:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

This is the one I focused on most until now too.
Old 06-25-2015, 12:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
This is the one I focused on most until now too.
Good to know I'm not on my own
Old 12-18-2016, 12:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

Welcome to The Blacklist Season 2 Re-Watch!

x

The re-watch it going to start with season 2A (which means episodes 2x01 to 2x08) during the Christmas hiatus. We should manage to finish it by the time season 4B is back

Each episode will be set up for a week which means you've got from Sunday to Sunday to watch the episode and discuss it with us here. I'm so looking forward to a lot of participants. And even if you don't have the time to re-watch, feel free to join the discussion because all of you have seen the episode before and stuff will come back when we talk about it.

So, enjoy!
Old 12-20-2016, 03:22 PM
Elite Fan

You know I never realized just how long it took for us to actually learn that Liz was holding tom captive. We still haven't seen him.

I never realized how important the warrior gene is to the story. It explains what happened with Connoly and how Red kept having to rein her in when they were on the run.

But it hit me that this could totally be Red's story too. Think about it. Cooper knew about these black ops. It's been going on a long time. And the whole conversation about first disrupting the schedule, then destroy their self worth and finally sever their emotional bonds. This happened to Red. Could it have been an experiment because he has the warrior gene?

In Cape May, Katarina asks him about the people he's killed and how he knew about her and he replies that there aren't that many of us in the world and so you learn to recognize it. So Red has the gene and someone broke him and this person we see now is the result.

I also thought it interesting when a Creel tells Liz thst you look to your parents to see who your future and then they flash to Red. Idk if he's her dad, but they both have that gene.

Finally Red tells Liz that his file is a result of manipulation and how the government sees him and his character.

I love the Red Naomi scenes. He truly cared for her. But just the way he talks about Jennifer. I just don't think she's his daughter.
Old 12-25-2016, 07:02 AM
Fan Forum Star

But we found out about it in this episode I loved this episode because that's when I figured out about her holding him.

Yes, the warrior gene has a lot of answers and explanations to all we got in season 2 and 3A I realized it before because it seemed so important to me.

Quote:
But it hit me that this could totally be Red's story too. Think about it. Cooper knew about these black ops. It's been going on a long time. And the whole conversation about first disrupting the schedule, then destroy their self worth and finally sever their emotional bonds. This happened to Red. Could it have been an experiment because he has the warrior gene?
I honestly don't believe it being an experiment, because how would Katharina and Liz fit in all of it I somehow don't believe that's the direction the show would go in solving the show's puzzle. But it's a really nice thought.

Quote:
In Cape May, Katarina asks him about the people he's killed and how he knew about her and he replies that there aren't that many of us in the world and so you learn to recognize it. So Red has the gene and someone broke him and this person we see now is the result.
I totally agree about him wearing it, too And if Liz really should be his daughter, that now makes sense. It makes sense she has it.

Yeah, something is off in how Red talks about Jennifer... I doubt as well that she's his daughter. I always doubted it. It's just not Red, not how he'd react to finding out his wife and daughter are still alive.
Old 12-26-2016, 09:49 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah, maybe not so much an experiment, but the reason he was targeted in the first place. At the time he was a young man, rising in the ranks to be admiral, but we don't know how much secret information he would have had access to for him to be a target. Anyway, maybe they knew he had this gene and they thought they could use it to control him...but it backfired in a huge way and led him to hunt them down.

Anyway, just another theory, but it does make me wonder why he was chosen as a target. Were they trying to turn him into a double agent or trying to make him give up information or what? There are so many things we don't know. Maybe they thought this warrior gene could be used to bring him onto their side.

I wonder if this warrior gene is hereditary? I think about Red saying that there are so few of us that you learn to recognize it. I think he was talking about this personality trait. If it is rare, then it may not be hereditary.

Maybe Red realized Liz had it when she killed her father.
Old 01-01-2017, 11:36 AM
Fan Forum Star

Sooo, finally I feel good enough to answer this a bit more difficult topic I'm sorry, but even trying to think about stuff like that was really exhausting the last couple of days so that's why I post in here just yet. Besides, because of me being really sick I was barely able to watch an episode... Would it be a problem if we'd start from the start during the summer hiatus again? I'm really sorry, that wasn't how I had planned it...

Quote:
Yeah, maybe not so much an experiment, but the reason he was targeted in the first place. At the time he was a young man, rising in the ranks to be admiral, but we don't know how much secret information he would have had access to for him to be a target. Anyway, maybe they knew he had this gene and they thought they could use it to control him...but it backfired in a huge way and led him to hunt them down.
I know what you mean, Marilyn I still think though that these people were not using Red's warrior gene back then... I think it was just the wrong place and the wrong time for him. And he was about to be groomed admiral, he for sure knew a lot secrets...

Quote:
I wonder if this warrior gene is hereditary? I think about Red saying that there are so few of us that you learn to recognize it. I think he was talking about this personality trait. If it is rare, then it may not be hereditary.
I doubt he was talking about the gene... Not sure who he was talking about, but maybe about those people that only kill people who deserve it. He and Katharina talked about it before in that episode and I always got the feeling he was talking about these people when he said this to Katharina. Don't ask me why, it just always was my thought.

I really don't know if he really knew she had it... Or if he just assumed.
Old 01-01-2017, 01:01 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah we can definitely start over. Any excuse to rewatch. I hate you have felt so bad.
Old 01-02-2017, 11:53 AM
Fan Forum Star

But just if it's okay with you... I know, I really sucked this time and I'm sorry. It'll go a lot more smooth during summer since I normally am not sick in summer...
Old 01-03-2017, 08:13 AM
Elite Fan

I enjoyed rewatching and talking about the episodes with you. And we will have just as much fun starting over this summer. Besides by then I will have forgotten everything that I said and I will just say it again. Haha. Or we will come up with somthing totally different.

Plus if the second half of 4 ties in with the Cabal , then the summer rewatch might help us put things together.
Old 01-03-2017, 12:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

It'll be the same for me Having forgotten about everything by then

That's right! It will