Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-07-2014, 10:59 AM
Master Fan

Episode Discussion-3.07 - Like A Bad Penny

Original Air Date: April 7,2014

Quote:
John Ross seeks help from J.R.'s business partner in order to control Ewing Global. Meanwhile, Emma learns more about the controlling nature of her father and grandmother, and Elena focuses on an unveiled secret as her brother returns to Dallas.
Just this episode and one more episode until August

:ETA I will post thoughts about episode tomorrow, but that promo!!!! Oh my God

Last edited by ~Unfaithful~; 04-08-2014 at 04:25 AM
Old 04-08-2014, 03:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

Sarah, here is the episode summary if you'd like to add it to the OP.

Quote:
John Ross seeks help from J.R.'s business partner in order to control Ewing Global. Meanwhile, Emma learns more about the controlling nature of her father and grandmother, and Elena focuses on an unveiled secret as her brother returns to Dallas.
Interesting episode, but the hypocrisy is bugging the crap out of me. Elena is fine with taking down the Ewings (still going on Cliff Barnes word of all things) yet she has a problem with telling Pamela about John Ross. And is it just me or the amount of time she watches the video of John Ross and Emma a bit creepy?! Drew is all boo hoo I killed the babies but now he's more then ready to get revenge?

Emma just needs to GO AWAY! This girl is like one second away from full on loonie toon stalker! How does nobody see this?!

Looks like we're getting to the point of the season where it becomes the Ewings getting together to fight the outsiders, because there is no way Nicolas' plan is going to work...not in the long run anyway. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if he wasn't behind the 'land deeds' which will end up being fake, it was just his way to get Barnes/Ewing Global.

Heather/Bo...I don't care.

Sue Ellen

FINALLY some John Ross/Pamela. just sorry that it looks like it will be short lived.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 04-08-2014, 04:30 AM
Master Fan

Thank you Bee

I never even thought that Nicolas might be behind the land deeds. It would make a lot of sense.
Don't get me started on Elena, she is so OOC it isn't funny.
Emma is behaving really really crazy.
Glad Sue Ellen is out.
I really want to like Heather/Christopher but it is now painfully clear to me that her and Michael just fill a void in his life.
Old 04-08-2014, 06:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Chris is the only character I love on this show. elena is ok, I'm tired of Jr/Pr. Heather is alright. the guest stars are ok.
Old 04-08-2014, 08:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Haven't watched yet, so I'll be avoiding, but thanks for starting, Sarah!
Old 04-08-2014, 09:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

I wanted Elena to have a sl but not this one. It's just so stupid and does her character no favors. JRPR is disappointing to because Pamela's been reduced to a naive housewife. I'm up and down with John Ross. The only people I still consistently love is Chris and Bobby. But, my chris love is probably cause I find Jesse so damn pretty.
Old 04-08-2014, 10:53 AM
Part-Time Fan

I loved All of Pamela ,Sue Ellen and Bobby Scenes this Ep .

This show does need to spent more Time On The Ewings.

I liked that We Got to See The Power Couple That John Ross and Pamela Should Have Been this Whole time. The Way JRPR Played that whole room was Masterful loved the way they backed each other up that whole time .I would have loved to seen JRPR doing this more the last 6 eps

Love That Pamela Got to do Something this ep .Her Being in the Business World just great to see I want more of that . I would have loved to see her do that more these last 6 eps.
Sue Ellen In Rehab was some Great Scenes for Her, Bobby and Ann . We got to hear what they felt about what is Happening
Loved the Way Sue Ellen came down the Steps to show John Ross she was still there
Can Not wait to see What Pamela will Do I Know she will Make them Pay and Slay.
Cane &Lily/Damon&Bonnie Bennett/Stefan&Elena/JohnRoss&Pamela Rebecca/Cory &Topang/Shawn&Angela/John&Aeryn/Max& Liz/ Michael&Maria/Red&Victor/Oliver&Chloe/Simon&Alisha/Spock& Uhura/Miss Parker&Jarod/Leo&Piper/Cole&Phoebe/Prue&Bane /
Old 04-08-2014, 03:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
I wanted Elena to have a sl but not this one. It's just so stupid and does her character no favors. JRPR is disappointing to because Pamela's been reduced to a naive housewife. I'm up and down with John Ross. The only people I still consistently love is Chris and Bobby. But, my chris love is probably cause I find Jesse so damn pretty.
preach it Shu.
Old 04-08-2014, 03:35 PM
Elite Fan

Elena and the Papi's revenge plot remains all sorts of obnoxious. Considering you caused an explosion that killed Chris and Pam's babies you may want to lay off the self righteousness there Drew. Elena maybe consider the fact that they haven't had your ass arrested for aiding your criminal brother justice. Also, how cold is Elena that Chris's genuine sadness over what their relationship has become barely warrants a reaction from her. This guy was supposed to be the love of her life? Elena clearly has little interest in anyone who doesn't serve her interests. She really is no different from the Ewings that she loves to judge.

Trevinio's facade is finally starting to slip up..

Promo for next week? Oh My God - is Pamela finally getting a storyline? Probably not, I'm sure that Emma will still get the last laugh . God this show, they had it so good last season and they've diminished every positive aspect of it this season.

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 04-08-2014, 03:44 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chastidy (View Post)
Elena and the Papi's revenge plot remains all sorts of obnoxious. Considering you caused an explosion that killed Chris and Pam's babies you may want to lay off the self righteousness there Drew. Elena maybe consider the fact that they haven't had your ass arrested for aiding your criminal brother justice. Also, how cold is Elena that Chris's genuine sadness over what their relationship has become barely warrants a reaction from her. This guy was supposed to be the love of her life? Elena clearly has little interest in anyone who doesn't serve her interests. She really is no different from the Ewings that she loves to judge.

Promo for next week? Oh My God - is Pamela finally getting a storyline? Probably not, I'm sure that Emma will still get the last laugh . God this show, they had it so good last season and they've diminished every positive aspect of it this season.
See, I think Pamela will have the last laugh. Because John Ross has made it clear both to Emma and in conversations with Sue Ellen that he loves Pamela and Emma is a business arrangement. So even if Pamela goes away, Emma won't win, because I don't see John Ross letting Pamela get away from him. (it can be debated as to why, whether its because he loves her and realizes he messed up or he realizes he needs her for business or a combination of both).

It seems like all of season 3 we have been seeing John Ross and Emma riding high...I think the midseason finale will see them beginning to crash and burn as Pamela begins to triumph some.

If the show decides to push a John Ross/Emma REAL pairing on the audience and has Pamela turn into a shell of her former self and continually lose the battle, then I will give up the show. They have squandered a ton of the goodwill John Ross and Pamela has built in S2, so I hope they can begin to rebuild on it. If they officially throw it all away, I think that would be a huge mistake and will further drive the ratings down (John Ross/Emma don't seem to be bringing in too many eyeballs, so the producers and writers should listen to the fans!)
Old 04-08-2014, 06:53 PM
Part-Time Fan

bosses at TNT
Steve.Koonin@turner.com and Michael.wright@turner.com

Sent An Email for the show
Thank you
Cane &Lily/Damon&Bonnie Bennett/Stefan&Elena/JohnRoss&Pamela Rebecca/Cory &Topang/Shawn&Angela/John&Aeryn/Max& Liz/ Michael&Maria/Red&Victor/Oliver&Chloe/Simon&Alisha/Spock& Uhura/Miss Parker&Jarod/Leo&Piper/Cole&Phoebe/Prue&Bane /
Old 04-08-2014, 09:01 PM
Elite Fan

It seems like I watch a different episode.

This episode finally showed John Ross and Pamela as the power couple they can be and also the connection and understanding between them. I also think it showed up until now so it has more impact in John Ross when he lost it. I think it was very poignant that he wanted to lose the watch and what their conversation about it. He obviously knows what he has he just didn't know how to keep it. Also is so obvious that John Ross is losing in every side of her deals that Pamela won't need to do much for vengeance. The guy is screwed already.

About Emma it was obvious how disconnected with the reality she is and that she wants what JRPR have. She told the Harris the same thing Pamela told her about John Ross and her in their shopping trip. She is just the typical crazy Dallas ho. I just can't figure out what is going to be her demise, Martha got the balcony so maybe the pool or a car crash.

There's no thread for Elena and Nicolas so I couldn't share this before but in one of their first couply scenes in the background you could hear a Mexican bolero about a heartless person and the naive and loving person that suffers for him/her. It seems foreshadowing now.

Dumb as rocks Drew made a comeback and Chris kept hitting him on the head! Poor dude ended up dumber. I feel so bad for Kuno tho. but justifiable mad Chris is very hot.

About the promo for next week I think is very, very misleading.
Old 04-09-2014, 11:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chastidy (View Post)

preach it chas!
Old 04-10-2014, 04:50 AM
Master Fan

Why are they referring to it as a season finale in the promos? It isn't.
Old 04-10-2014, 10:03 AM
Fan Forum Star

They're going on a mid season hiatus, with new episodes not starting up agian until August I believe.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s