Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-21-2015, 11:57 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaH (View Post)
I agree but I saw this as potentially a positive turning point in her relationships with Fitz and Jake. Olivia clearly saw Fitz's actions not as a supreme act of love but as an act of betrayal to those iike her who had been willing to make huge personal sacrifices for his presidency. The fact that he was willing to put their relationship above his responsibilities as president I think was exactly the kind of weakness and selfishness that she cannot tolerate.

Jake, on the other hand, did not violate a trust, put the country at risk or otherwise compromise his responsibilities for the sake of their relationship. While the kidnapping may have changed her and may cause her to step back from their relationship, I don't see how she has anything to blame him for. If anything, it seems like she should be able to see more clearly that he is a much stronger and more honorable man than Fitz.

I thought it was interesting that Olivia included Mellie in the list of people who had made huge sacrifices for Fitz. I'm also really glad this story line is over and really, really glad that Andrew is no longer a threat. Wonder who will be Vice President #3?
Agree with your second paragraph and especially your last line. I think Jake has always shown that. I'm very curious to see how the kidnapping affected Liv. As for the new VP I think it will be Sally or Mellie. I heard Sally was supposed to come back the last half of this season.
Old 02-21-2015, 12:33 PM
Elite Fan

Mellie can´t be the VP,right?? I mean she isn´t even a politician
Old 02-21-2015, 03:17 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly85 (View Post)
Agree with your second paragraph and especially your last line. I think Jake has always shown that. I'm very curious to see how the kidnapping affected Liv. As for the new VP I think it will be Sally or Mellie. I heard Sally was supposed to come back the last half of this season.
Please, not Sally again! Mellie told Fitz she wants to be President, so I think we will see her move in the direction of becoming a politician, but her husband's VP seems like an unusual place to start.

I would bet that Liv will try to act publicly like everything is business as usual and deny that she's affected by the kidnapping. I don't think she will lash out at Jake the way she did with Fitz but I wouldn't be surprised if she keeps him at a distance, at least for a while.

I'm curious also about what's going to happen with Elizabeth's character. She has become more complex and less of a villain, and now has interesting ties to Mellie, Huck, and Cyrus. I wonder where that is headed?
Old 02-23-2015, 09:35 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaH (View Post)
I agree but I saw this as potentially a positive turning point in her relationships with Fitz and Jake. Olivia clearly saw Fitz's actions not as a supreme act of love but as an act of betrayal to those iike her who had been willing to make huge personal sacrifices for his presidency. The fact that he was willing to put their relationship above his responsibilities as president I think was exactly the kind of weakness and selfishness that she cannot tolerate.

Jake, on the other hand, did not violate a trust, put the country at risk or otherwise compromise his responsibilities for the sake of their relationship. While the kidnapping may have changed her and may cause her to step back from their relationship, I don't see how she has anything to blame him for. If anything, it seems like she should be able to see more clearly that he is a much stronger and more honorable man than Fitz.
Well said. I agree.
Old 02-23-2015, 10:42 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Please, not Sally again! Mellie told Fitz she wants to be President, so I think we will see her move in the direction of becoming a politician, but her husband's VP seems like an unusual place to start.
I have a question. Does anyone can be vicepresident even if it´s not a politician?? And has it to be voted??
Old 02-25-2015, 05:20 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srta_Parker (View Post)
I have a question. Does anyone can be vicepresident even if it´s not a politician?? And has it to be voted??
Yes, anyone who meets the minimum qualifications can hold political office. For president I believe the only requirements are that you have to be at least 35 and born in the U.S. I don't know what the requirements are for VP but they are probably similar. Vice presidents are not elected directly. A presidential candidate names a running mate and you vote for the President/VP combination. So Fitz and Sally were elected together as a package deal. Typically a presidential candidate names a running mate who gives him/her broader appeal. So Fitz as a moderate Republican improved his election chances by naming Sally, a conservative Republican, as his running mate.

In reality, nobody wants a VP who doesn't have political connections, which usually means someone who has held elected office, so it would be unlikely for someone to go from being a private citizen to being VP. However, Hilary Clinton went from being a private citizen (and First Lady) to being a U.S. Senator, then Secretary of State, and now the heir-apparent for the Democratic presidential nomination, so I'm guessing the writers think she makes Mellie's political ambitions believable.
Old 02-26-2015, 04:27 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the answer!!
Old 03-01-2015, 01:56 PM
Supreme Fan

Finally on this episode,

Lizzy is so frightened. She is no longer the strong, powerful lady. Frazzled and emotionally drained. Huck did that to her, but also the fact that the plan has gone under.
It was a Perfect Illusion
Old 03-01-2015, 02:11 PM
Elite Fan

Lizzy is more interesting now that she was before!!!
Old 03-01-2015, 02:16 PM
Supreme Fan

Stephan!!!!
Old 03-01-2015, 02:19 PM
Elite Fan

The best of the episode!!! I miss him!!!
Old 03-01-2015, 02:30 PM
Supreme Fan

I loved that Abby found Stephan and had him come save her. I hope Olivia finds out and they get together. I need more of those two together.

I loved the episode and can't wait for next week!
Old 03-01-2015, 02:39 PM
Elite Fan

I missed a scene between Abby & Stephen
Old 03-01-2015, 02:41 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly85 (View Post)
I agree that we will probably see Sally come back. I've heard similar things about how we "might" see her this season and I wouldn't be surprised if she pops up in the next few episodes. I've actually missed her.
Old 03-01-2015, 03:00 PM
Elite Fan

Probably. Because if she isn´t the other candidate is Mellie because I don´t think Lizzie is a candidate after everything that has happened