Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-22-2014, 01:53 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I can watch violence, but what I find particularly distasteful is Shonda wrapping up a brutal crime, a horrible murder of one of her significant characters, as some noble act
But that is your interpretation. I haven't seen it as noble act, not sure why you saw it as one

Quote:
The last to join the club were David and Sally
David?? Did he kill someone?
Old 03-22-2014, 02:01 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
David?? Did he kill someone?
No he didn´t. I don´t talk about turning them into a killers. I´m talking that know he´s a damaged character. They put him a death body near him and now he has to send a innocent to prison to save his life.
Old 03-22-2014, 02:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

I didn't remotely see it as a noble act, but that doesn't mean it wasn't written as such (in reference to Jake talking to James at the end). Look all over this thread- people are interpreting it as compassionate. And I think Shonda may well have written it as such. For me, that only makes it more delusional and sadistic.

And there IS a difference on a television show in killing a stranger or a villain, and killing a significant character who had generally been written as sympathetic (and I wasn't overwhelmingly fond of James, I mostly saw him as weak, so that's not my fandom talking). Morally in the real world, it doesn't matter who you kill, if you shoot an unarmed person in the back, or hire someone to kill a pregnant woman. The acts are equally heinous (and I think Cyrus is a monster, make no mistake about it). From a storyline position? I can't imagine even Shonda had Jake brutally murder James onscreen, and then level a thinly veiled threat at Olivia herself ("Bad things happen to good people all the time"), and expect him to keep going. I don't think he's long for this world. What bothers me is I think she ultimately will attempt to write him out as some tragic hero, with James' blood still wet on his hands.
Old 03-22-2014, 03:36 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I didn't remotely see it as a noble act, but that doesn't mean it wasn't written as such (in reference to Jake talking to James at the end). Look all over this thread- people are interpreting it as compassionate. And I think Shonda may well have written it as such. For me, that only makes it more delusional and sadistic.
I agree
Old 03-23-2014, 01:09 PM
Elite Fan

So..... Huck.... Quinn.... and a wall.... o_O..... ok....
Old 03-24-2014, 06:06 AM
Master Fan

That was different but it's Huck and Quinn so
Old 03-24-2014, 09:29 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by helpmenow (View Post)
I actually really liked the last scene. I thought it showed that Jake did care. He wasn't going to let James just die alone. I thought it was executed beautifully. Between that and the dance between James/Cyrus at the ball, Shonda crafted a emotional episode!
I don't know that I think it showed Jake cared, but I have to agree with everything else you said. I cried from the time the flashback of the dance started all the way through James' death. The episode was exceptionally done and very emotional. I was glad James wasn't alone when he died, yet even as much as I liked the scene, I am sorry Jake is who was with him. Jake was far too emotionally detached for my taste. Overall, I am still trying to understand why James had to die to protect the republic, but David didn't. I think they both should have lived or died, not one or the other.
Old 03-24-2014, 09:38 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ck2001 (View Post)
I don't know that I think it showed Jake cared, but I have to agree with everything else you said. I cried from the time the flashback of the dance started all the way through James' death. The episode was exceptionally done and very emotional. I was glad James wasn't alone when he died, yet even as much as I liked the scene, I am sorry Jake is who was with him. Jake was far too emotionally detached for my taste. Overall, I am still trying to understand why James had to die to protect the republic, but David didn't. I think they both should have lived or died, not one or the other.
Cared was probably the wrong word choice to use. I think James died because he started to run. I feel like if he didn't run, it might have made a difference.
It was a Perfect Illusion
Old 03-24-2014, 10:20 AM
Master Fan

I think Jake Command spared David's life because he would find his position more useful to cover this up and possibly other things in the future.
Old 03-24-2014, 10:54 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by helpmenow (View Post)
Cared was probably the wrong word choice to use. I think James died because he started to run. I feel like if he didn't run, it might have made a difference.
If Jake had called out or run after him before he shot him, I might think that was why. I think James was going to die no matter what he did.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Janice~ (View Post)
I think Jake Command spared David's life because he would find his position more useful to cover this up and possibly other things in the future.
Yeah, that makes sense.
Old 03-24-2014, 10:58 AM
Elite Fan

James was going to die even if he didn´t run. Jake was there to kill them. And the reason he didn´t kill David was that he´s the state prosecutor and probably because Olivia.
Old 03-24-2014, 11:29 AM
Part-Time Fan

I think I would feel a lot better about Jake's character if he'd just said he killed James because he couldn't keep his big mouth shut, instead of trying to pass it off as something, as someone else said, more noble. James died because he got mad at Cyrus and ran his mouth about something he would not have under ordinary circumstances (at least I don't think he would have). He was looking for a way to get back at Cyrus, found it and paid the ultimate price for it. I have been angry at Cyrus for what he did to James and at James for what he did to Cyrus since it happened. I am just sorry to see James go.

As for the rest of the episode, I had a huge WTH moment when Quinn and Huck kissed. I am so confused by them right now!! lol

Loved Abby with David.

I have been on the outs with Olivia's character since she slept with Jake this last time, so in the last episode, when Andrew said he wished Fitz could see Mellie the way he does, I found myself wishing that too. I really like the side of Mellie we see when she is with Andrew.
Old 03-24-2014, 11:36 AM
Elite Fan

I love that side of Mellie too!!!
Old 03-25-2014, 06:07 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ck2001 (View Post)
I had a huge WTH moment when Quinn and Huck kissed. I am so confused by them right now!! lol
I know I was surprised but then I wasn't. Crazy, unpredictable
Old 05-03-2014, 06:03 PM
Supreme Fan

I loved the flashbacks, watching how Cyrus/James started. It was clear Cyrus felt something for James right away, though he wasn't ready to admit to his sexuality. He was newly divorced and scruffy. when James says he refuses to accept advice from somebody with a "neckbeard" . The dance was a touching moment, watching Cyrus effectively come out of the closet and say, "Okay ... this is me. And this is the man I love." It was a sweet scene. I bawled when he cried at the podium, because he was truly feeling the loss of the love of his life. Jeff Perry was phenomenal in this episode.

I do not support what Jake did.
ODO & KIRA (DS9)