Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-14-2014, 12:23 PM
Elite Fan

I don't think any more categories should be added. If anything, we should take some out.

I was looking at other icon threads on other boards and none of them have categories. I guess because it quickly comes a logistical nightmare.

This might be an unpopular idea, but I think we should categorize the icons only by character and episode number, stripping away all the couples. Most people will post their ship-specific icons on the ship appreciation thread anyway and we can add individual icon sections to all those threads. It would be much neater and more relevant since this is a general thread anyway.

What do you think of that idea?
Old 12-14-2014, 01:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It's very cluttered IMO. The Once Upon a Time board has each thread number listed and a link provided for each icon post. It just seems easier. LINK

The Shippers aren't needed unless someone really wants to take the time to keep up with it. I really don't see the need for episodes. The characters is o.k., but again I don't really think it's needed.
Tumblr || icon by me || Josie
Old 12-14-2014, 02:31 PM
Elite Fan

I don't know what do you prefer but when I look at others icons thread the first thing I want to see is character and ships icons so I like it that there are both categories on this thread... about the episodes I don't look at episodes category... only characters and couples
Old 12-15-2014, 02:37 PM
Elite Fan

I think the biggest issue is that we have always had multiple categories which makes it necessary to save one post in more than one spot-- it gets to be too much.

I think characters-only would be the best solution. I know most people prefer shippy icons, but that's why we could have special sections on the ship appreciation threads.
Old 12-16-2014, 04:43 PM
Elite Fan

frary icons

Old 12-16-2014, 05:37 PM
Elite Fan

Gorgeous, Issi! So unique. Adding them to the OP now.
Old 12-16-2014, 05:52 PM
Master Fan

Aww, frary season 1!!!!! beautiful icons!!!!!

RoseBennett
Old 12-16-2014, 07:29 PM
Ultimate Fan

Issi those are wonderful!!!! Early season 1 Frary =

As for the discussion about the OP...
Quote:
Originally Posted by firewall (View Post)
This might be an unpopular idea, but I think we should categorize the icons only by character and episode number, stripping away all the couples. Most people will post their ship-specific icons on the ship appreciation thread anyway and we can add individual icon sections to all those threads. It would be much neater and more relevant since this is a general thread anyway.

What do you think of that idea?
I think this idea has potential.
I know a bunch of people wanted an episode directory when we were discussing the OP redo, is this is still something other people want??
As for the shippy & character icon sections I personally like them and find them very useful. However your idea about placing the shippy icons in the ship appreciation thread is a viable option. As long as there was a directory somewhere I think that would be fine. At least it would be fine with me.

I do think that the OP needs categories though otherwise I feel like it would just look like a very disorganized mess.
Old 12-16-2014, 08:47 PM
Master Fan

This might be a dumb question, but is there a page somewhere where we can display the icons? I find the links very unhelpful for picking and choosing I need to see them against on another to be able to pick one. If then we can create a link to that page to the OP, then we can make it usable and accessible for people looking for icons.

- Captain Frederick Wentworth, Persuasion, Chapter 23
Scarlet|tumblr|Twitter|FF.net
Old 12-17-2014, 01:48 AM
Fan Forum Star

Issi.. you had a lot of time, didn't you? Thos are absolutely gorgeous

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 12-17-2014, 02:19 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletCourt (View Post)
This might be a dumb question, but is there a page somewhere where we can display the icons? I find the links very unhelpful for picking and choosing I need to see them against on another to be able to pick one. If then we can create a link to that page to the OP, then we can make it usable and accessible for people looking for icons.
You mean display them all on one page? I don't think this is feasible, since we are limited to 35 images per post.
Old 12-17-2014, 07:27 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by firewall (View Post)
You mean display them all on one page? I don't think this is feasible, since we are limited to 35 images per post.
No separate them by ships, individuals, etc., and have those grouped ones on one (or more) post(s), so for example, all the frary ones are together (and add a link to the next set of 35 frary icons), etc.

- Captain Frederick Wentworth, Persuasion, Chapter 23
Scarlet|tumblr|Twitter|FF.net
Old 12-17-2014, 10:00 PM
Master Fan

I completely misread that then. I thought you meant like a tumblr post or website outside of FF to "host" the images per say.
Old 12-17-2014, 10:34 PM
Ultimate Fan

Scarlet in theory I love that idea! I would love to be able to see all the icons without having to open a million links. But I'm not really sure how this could work???
Old 12-18-2014, 04:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

Specially if they would have to be reposted and they would have to be kept in order who made them to credit them

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Closed Thread   Post New Thread