Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Reign 4.15 "Blood in the Water" Episode Discussion

E p i s o d e D i s c u s s i o n
Blood in the Water
Season 4 Episode 15

Air Date CW: Friday, June 9th at 9/8c

MARY'S LIFE HANGS IN THE BALANCE - Childbirth threatens to take Mary's life, which leaves her and her unborn child's safety in jeopardy. Elizabeth discovers that someone in her inner circle was the cause of the death of someone close to her.

REMEMBER...
* Be respectful of other posters. Not everyone is going to agree or have the same views. Discussions are encouraged, but please keep things civil
* No actor bashing
* Everything is a spoiler until it has broadcast somewhere in the world
* Any talk of illegal downloading should not be brought up here. Live streams & such can be discussed through PM's
* Most importantly, HAVE FUN!

Last edited by kerbear28; 06-08-2017 at 06:10 PM
kerbear28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 03:56 PM
Master Fan

Megan posted a big ol' spoiler on her IG.
Old 06-08-2017, 06:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Yep. God Bless her for it.
Old 06-08-2017, 06:25 PM
Master Fan

I'm still laughing my ass off at it.
Old 06-09-2017, 05:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

Watching this right now
Old 06-09-2017, 07:39 AM
New Fan

Spoiler:

Last edited by kerbear28; 06-09-2017 at 01:38 PM Reason: Spoilery
yosefcoleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 09:57 AM
Part-Time Fan

Spoiler:

Last edited by kerbear28; 06-09-2017 at 01:35 PM Reason: Spoilery
Scottish_Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 10:39 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

I came in here before watching the episode. My bad
Old 06-09-2017, 01:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Sorry, Rita. Friendly reminder - out of respect to those who haven't watched the episode yet, please keep your comments here under spoiler tags until AFTER the episode airs in the US tonight. Thanks.
Old 06-09-2017, 02:02 PM
Master Fan

Just finished watching and wow.....
Old 06-09-2017, 08:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

So SO many FEELINGS. Where to start...

Scotland
- Greer and Mary are friendship GOALS. Greer not wanting to leave Mary's side as she gave birth. "Greer, I love you." - "I love you, too."
- Mary is just so...GOOD. She genuinely wanted to help Darnley. And she almost got through to him, too.
- Mary telling the doctors to save her son even if it cost her her life. Amazing.
- Mary telling her son that he is "more perfect than I could have ever imagined."
- Ok... I'm still not a huge fan of Bothwell, or Mary/Bothwell. Frankly, I was a little ticked at him when he suggested that Mary lock Darnely away - knowing he was ill. I know he wants to protect her, but I hate when he pressures her about them being together. BUT, I will give him credit for his words guiding her back when she was slipping away during childbirth. That was precious. And the moments they shared after the baby was born were sweet.
- UGH, I have to agree with Lindsay... Lady Lennox needs to die a horrible, horrible death! What a cold **** Pure evil. Manipulating her own sick son in order to grab power, and then stealing Mary's son from her! There are no words. GIVE MARY HER SON BACK NOW!
- Mary's letter to Elizabeth. IMO, one of the best moments of the series. PERIOD. Mary asking for Liz's help for her son was so beautiful and poignant. They are family. "From one lonely queen to another."

France
- Who did Leeza think she was fooling? I saw through her act the second she stepped out of the carriage, and so did Catherine.
- It was INCREDIBLE seeing Charles throw Leeza in the dungeon. So satisfying.
- There were so many great Catherine moments... Her speech to Charles. Her visit with Leeza in the dungeon - offering to help her get out of France in exchange for Spanish favors. Her sending the "witch" to get rid of Nicole. It was all gold. I love watching Catherine take care of business.
- Luc telling Claude to go to Leith, but Leith is already getting married. Catherine's advice to Claude was perfect. She has a husband who values her, and she needs to grab her chance at happiness!
- Well, Nicole chose Henri but she was going to lose no matter which brother she sided with. Oy. I feel a little sorry for her... but not really. Nicole/Henri had some potential maybe...

England
- AH, I just KNEW Jane had been conspiring with Narcisse and was responsible for Gideon's death. I guess it was pretty obvious. And of course he has to change the terms of their agreement and ask more of her.
- It was pretty cool to meet Sir Francis Drake! I love seeing Elizabeth plotting and negotiating. Too bad he put her into a war with Spain! I'm excited to see Liz prepare for battle, though.
- Elizabeth is so intimidating and scary when she is confronting people who have betrayed her... and I could taste Jane's fear when she realized that Elizabeth KNEW what she had done. Now Jane is off to meet Liz's interrogators. YIKES. As with Nicole, I feel a little sorry for her... but not really.

HONESTLY ALL I CAN THINK ABOUT IS THE FRARY IN THE PROMO FOR THE FINALE. Oh, GOD, I'm not ready.
Old 06-09-2017, 08:32 PM
Part-Time Fan

I thought of you Keri with that Frary promo, took me totally by surprise

It's always been my hope that if they do follow history and Mary dies that we get to see her with Francis again. I can't even get my hopes up that it will happen but seeing them together in the promo brought all of that rushing back. Especially with how sad Mary's life is now. It's just a constant struggle ..we are nearing the end of a tragic story and I just don't want to watch or see it end

I've always loved Bothwell since he appeared, I really enjoy Reign's spin on him and the thing is - the man is always right...only Mary never listens and it always ends up coming back to haunt her just like it did in this episode. Not that I'm in favor of locking up a sick man, I love that Mary's first instinct was to help Darnley and restore his health and their life together. She realized that his illness was probably to blame for all the horrible things he's done to her. Unfortunately, it doesn't change the fact that he's still most likely going to be the death of her

For many reasons, I obviously wish we had gotten a S5 but I'm really curious what road they would have gone with Bothwell. They've written him as Mary's hero thus far but I do wonder if some part of history would have come into play with him. Hope the Reign Writers will enlighten us during their Q&A post finale.

I have major hate for Lady Lennox. She was just the absolute worst. Using her son all along, caring nothing for his health or happiness...I hope she gets hers in the end. I could not believe that scene where Mary comes into the counsel meeting and there's Lady Lennox manipulating Darnley's illness to threaten her child and her crown while Darnley's mocking Mary's childbirth pain. She literally limped into that meeting and here they are yelling in her face. THE WORST. Holy cow I about hit the roof. That was so awful.

Quote:
- Mary's letter to Elizabeth. IMO, one of the best moments of the series. PERIOD. Mary asking for Liz's help for her son was so beautiful and poignant. They are family. "From one lonely queen to another."
Totally agree. It was a beautiful scene and the music could not have been more perfect. I'm afraid to see what the next episode brings. Will Elizabeth kill her as history dictates or will she see that she and Mary are basically one in the same?

Mary and Greer are love. Such sweet scenes with them Mary won't get her happy ending but I hope that Greer does.

Quote:
There were so many great Catherine moments... Her speech to Charles. Her visit with Leeza in the dungeon - offering to help her get out of France in exchange for Spanish favors. Her sending the "witch" to get rid of Nicole. It was all gold. I love watching Catherine take care of business.
In constract to Lady Lennox Catherine was the absolute best as always. LOVED all of her stuff so much and most especially her mocking Leeza in the dungeon. Finally that witch was getting hers and Catherine was relishing every second
Scottish_Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 09:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottish_Queen (View Post)

It's always been my hope that if they do follow history and Mary dies that we get to see her with Francis again. I can't even get my hopes up that it will happen but seeing them together in the promo brought all of that rushing back. Especially with how sad Mary's life is now. It's just a constant struggle ..we are nearing the end of a tragic story and I just don't want to watch or see it end
Aww that's so sweet that you thought of me. I guess people know my Frary love. Seeing them in the promo total shook me. tbh, one of the main reasons (if not THE reason) for me continuing to watch the show after Francis' death was the hope of a Frary reunion at the end. Maybe I'm setting myself up for crushing disappointment, but I've gotten my hopes up. It couldn't be avoided. I need to see onscreen what I already know to be true - Frary is eternal. Whatever they give us, I just want their relationship to be honored properly in the end.

Quote:
For many reasons, I obviously wish we had gotten a S5 but I'm really curious what road they would have gone with Bothwell. They've written him as Mary's hero thus far but I do wonder if some part of history would have come into play with him. Hope the Reign Writers will enlighten us during their Q&A post finale.
I don't hate Bothwell. I do appreciate the show's heroic version of him. I like how he always tries to look out for Mary's best interests. I just find it really hard to trust him or his motives (especially knowing history). Did he suggest locking up Darnley because it was the smart, safe thing to do? OR, was it partly to get Mary for himself? Perhaps if I had more time to get to know Bothwell, I could grow to love him. I'm SUPER curious about what they would have done with his character if they had gotten a S5. I hope they tell us.

Quote:
I have major hate for Lady Lennox. She was just the absolute worst. Using her son all along, caring nothing for his health or happiness...I hope she gets hers in the end. I could not believe that scene where Mary comes into the counsel meeting and there's Lady Lennox manipulating Darnley's illness to threaten her child and her crown while Darnley's mocking Mary's childbirth pain. She literally limped into that meeting and here they are yelling in her face. THE WORST. Holy cow I about hit the roof. That was so awful.
Honestly... I don't understand how a mother could do that to another mother. It's so disturbing. I really hope we get to see Lady Lennox get what's coming to her.

Quote:
Totally agree. It was a beautiful scene and the music could not have been more perfect. I'm afraid to see what the next episode brings. Will Elizabeth kill her as history dictates or will she see that she and Mary are basically one in the same?
Did Elizabeth have the letter from Mary in her hand at the beginning of her final scene with Jane? I really want to see Liz's reaction to those words. How could she not be moved by Mary's pleas?

Quote:
Mary and Greer are love. Such sweet scenes with them Mary won't get her happy ending but I hope that Greer does.
AMEN. Greer is amazing, and I want to see her get her happy ending - with James if possible.

Quote:
In constract to Lady Lennox Catherine was the absolute best as always. LOVED all of her stuff so much and most especially her mocking Leeza in the dungeon. Finally that witch was getting hers and Catherine was relishing every second
I really need to rewatch that dungeon scene.
Old 06-09-2017, 10:53 PM
Master Fan

Lady Lennox gives me bad Diane vibes. That pretending like she's doing it to help her son but she's really doing it to help herself. Also not caring about taking Marys child away from her.....yeah
Old 06-10-2017, 03:33 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:

I'm sure he'd turn out to be a bad guy at some point but to be honest M&F ending up together in an afterlife makes sense on Reign but in real life she had lots of love, often misplaced. IRL Francis was one of the lesser loves do I don't know. We can have our own cannon. Only one episode left? That's crazy! I feel like there is so much story to tell. As a Cleith I can't think but wonder if he falls in love that fast? He's never single and he didn't mourn the loss of Claude so much. I wonder if he'd reappear in the next season if we got one? Thy ruined both Luc and Leith for me.. Marriage of convenience (Claude and Luc), it happens so often but stil knowing what happened makes me angry.
annie1408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread