Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2017, 10:26 PM
Master Fan

I can't beleive that is the last Mary will see Catherine and we barely got a goodbye. I mean I'm not really mad because they probably didn't expect that to be the last time when they wrote it...but it's a little upsetting. The rest if the episode was great though.
Old 04-14-2017, 10:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Yeah, it was definitely upsetting. Hopefully this is not the last time we will see them communicating with each other, though. I still want to see Matherine exchanging letters. I guess we just have to focus on all of the goodness we received in this episode - like Catherine kissing Mary on the cheek.

Like I said below, I was also disappointed that we didn't get any reference to Francis or Frary in this episode. With Mary marrying another man, it seemed like the perfect opportunity... not that I'm not happy with all of the references to Francis that were made in the last episode. It just would have been nice to know that Mary was thinking about him and the happy memories of their wedding.

Overall, the episode was fantastic.

Anyway, in my ridiculously long post, I forgot to mention Rizzio! I love him so much! His exchanges with Catherine were PRICELESS. I'm actually a bit relieved that he's gay...Mary doesn't need another man vying for her romantic affections. I can tell he will be a loyal friend, though. Just what Mary needs.

Last edited by kerbear28; 04-15-2017 at 07:07 AM
kerbear28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 11:22 PM
Master Fan

Rizzio is fabulous. Seriously. I love tgat he is so enamored by Catherine. It makes him the perfect companion for Mary.
Old 04-15-2017, 03:43 AM
Master Fan

This is the kind of Reign I like but it had to be ruined, of course, by Elizabeth randomly having sex with Gideon. Elizabeth is not Mary, Reign. For God's sake.

Also annoying: the fact that poor lady Knox was played by James all along and is now supposed to be the villain because the oh-so-predictable Grames romance is now happening.

IDK, I don't want to be bitter and ruin this for you, you all clearly liked it so much.
Old 04-15-2017, 06:42 AM
Dedicated Fan

Except for the scenes in England, this is my favorite episode of the season so far.

Two main reasons:
Catherine succeeding in all of her manipulations.

And Megan acting with food all through the episode.
Bravebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 08:59 AM
Part-Time Fan

There was so much going on in this awesome episode, I watched it for a third time this morning.

The Matherine scenes were gold. The two of them back together again just made everything perfect. I wish Catherine could stay in Scotland for forever. I loved how even the Scottish people loved Catherine. Rizzio's reaction to her was perfect..tongue tied adoration that he was standing there with her . She was just pure awesomeness. Manipulating Lady Lennox, coming up with various ways to help Mary, and really just being there as love and support though this hard time.

Mary running to her teary eyed when she found out she was pregnant and had to marry Darnley -- it was another perfect 'Mama's here' moment. So many good moments...Catherine making Mary that coat of arms on the boat and telling her 'you carry love' Ahhh I just love them so much. I'm going to try to focus on all the good parts we got of them this episode and not the fact that these are probably their final scenes together Their goodbye was a bit of a letdown but I think it was done like that because the writers probably didn't intend this to be there last meeting.

I could go on about these two for forever but to sum it up LOVED EVERY SECOND of them and Catherine in Scotland. Finally people treating her how she should be treated.

Quote:
- So Mary and Bothwell... It feels so rushed, and I don't like how he is pressuring her. Lindsay pointed out the parallels of Bothwell to Knox and what he did to his wife. He seems so romantic right now, but it's already starting to give me the creeps.
It does feel rushed but I did appreciate how Bothwell straight up says that. I can't remember his exact words but it was basically "I know it sounds crazy to say this to a woman I just met BUT....hey love you LOL." I did love their scenes, they have a ton of chemistry but I think he really needs to do what Mary asks and back off. Somewhere down the line people are going to be accusing Mary of adultry if he doesn't.

The actual wedding was oddly perfect in a really tragic sorta way. I thought the whole set up was great. Mary finds out she's pregnant with the future King, therefore she has to marry Darnley a man she can't stand. Her dress was amazing and the music they played was perfectly tragic and depressing.

Quote:
- I agree that drunk Darnley was hilarious. Saying hello to Mary's "lovelies." Yeah, it was immature for him to behave that way on his wedding day, but I still loved it. It was so sad that Mary offered reconciliation and he couldn't accept... and she couldn't tell him the truth about their child. If the situation was different, I think he really could be a better man for Mary.
Drunk Darnely was one of my favorite scenes of the episode. He was so funny and sad. I really liked that Mary finally cracked and wanted to forgive and wanted his forgiveness but of course he couldn't give it. Ahh the drama. That's why the whole Kira situation irked so much ...Mary and Darnley had a good thing going and when she returned it just ruined everything. I feel bad for them both, I like that Mary wanted his forgiveness and also that Darnley knows he betrayed her.

Quote:
- Mary's speech to the Cardinal was AWESOME. CHILLS. Idiot saying that women aren't fit to rule.
LOVED this. Rock on Mary. Catherine would have been proud.

I thought Elizabeth's meltdown was appropriate since she feels like her country is turning on her but Ughhh...not a fan of the Gideon sex thing. Sex always ruins the friendship dynamic which is a shame because I liked their friendship.

I'm really afraid for James. Now that Knox knows everything...I have a feeling things are going to get really ugly for James. I really hope he gets to stick around...I just have this nagging feeling that Knox is going to retaliate, and Mary is going to have to banish James from court even though she is the one who asked him to seduce Emily Knox to begin with. It just feels like this is the story they are brewing..hope that doesn't happen.
Scottish_Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 07:40 PM
Master Fan

I can't get over the fact that Catherine seemed so at ease and actually almost happy in Scotland. Gosh hiw I wish she could have stayed there where she is respected. I think she'd be content to just help Mary and be praised by Rizzio all day.
Old 04-15-2017, 10:43 PM
Extreme Fan

I so so so wanted an "I love you" shared between Mary and Catherine and them both acknowledging the fact that Catherine has been her mother more than Mary's own mother.

That would have been a goodbye I could get behind.
A Hot Mess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 02:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

Catherine was amazing in this episode!
Old 04-16-2017, 04:37 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotDoneAbusingYou (View Post)
I can't get over the fact that Catherine seemed so at ease and actually almost happy in Scotland. Gosh hiw I wish she could have stayed there where she is respected. I think she'd be content to just help Mary and be praised by Rizzio all day.
Same here...it had that 'everything is now right in the world' feel to it when Matherine were together. They were back supporting eachother with Catherine knowing exactly what to do at every turn while everyone around gave Catherine respect.

Don't leaaaave Catherine.

Quote:
I so so so wanted an "I love you" shared between Mary and Catherine and them both acknowledging the fact that Catherine has been her mother more than Mary's own mother.
That would have been perfect The little scene in the bridal chamber came close when Catherine was telling Mary how much she's loved.

I really think the writers didn't intend this to be the last meeting. I'm trying to stop myself from feeling cheated out of a S5 but it's hard not to feel that when when there's soo much story left to tell and only 7 more episodes eve
Scottish_Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 04:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

They need to hurry things up though if they're wanting to get to husband 3 and her beheading
Old 04-16-2017, 06:36 AM
Part-Time Fan

I expected this episode to be better. I loved Matherine but I expected more from their interactions. I hate that every single guy falls for Greer despite her past. Will she get a happily even after when it's so historically and socially impossible? James accuses Darnley of being hungry for power yet he endangered the life of an innocent Mrs Knox. I really felt bad for her, she lost everything but her life and sees James flirting with Greer. I honestly would prefer more love/hate dynamic between Mary and Durnley because they did have chemistry. I'd prefer to see their dynamic as toxic yet passionate. Not "one time sex and done with it and his life". Bothwell is too creepy, he comes across stalkerish. If he loved Mary he'd back off. Adelaide is playing Mary well but sometimes I get 'a school girl playing a queen' vibe from Adelaide. She wants to be taken seriously but she's not as scenery-chewing as Catherine, Narcisse. Catherine and lord Darnley's mother conversation was gold. I didn't miss the french court at all and the english is boring.
annie1408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 04:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

I feel like James and Greer came out of no where, but I kind of dig it
Old 04-16-2017, 06:15 PM
Master Fan

Mary is meant to be like that. You forget, she'a only about 18 rn. Adelaide is playing her the way she really was in history. It's son on purpose.
Old 04-16-2017, 10:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

^ Right. It's easy to forget how young rl Mary was at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkalice (View Post)
IDK, I don't want to be bitter and ruin this for you, you all clearly liked it so much.
Never worry about honestly expressing your opinion, Alice. You won't ruin things for the rest of us. Overall, I really liked the episode, but there were things that disappointed me, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottish_Queen (View Post)
I'm going to try to focus on all the good parts we got of them this episode and not the fact that these are probably their final scenes together Their goodbye was a bit of a letdown but I think it was done like that because the writers probably didn't intend this to be there last meeting.

I could go on about these two for forever but to sum it up LOVED EVERY SECOND of them and Catherine in Scotland. Finally people treating her how she should be treated.
Yeah, it probably wasn't meant to be their last meeting. Just another reason to mourn the loss of a Season 5.

I 100% agree about everything else you said about Matherine and Catherine in Scotland.

An "I love you" exchanged between them would have been amazing. At least we all know what they mean to each other.

Quote:
It does feel rushed but I did appreciate how Bothwell straight up says that. I can't remember his exact words but it was basically "I know it sounds crazy to say this to a woman I just met BUT....hey love you LOL." I did love their scenes, they have a ton of chemistry but I think he really needs to do what Mary asks and back off. Somewhere down the line people are going to be accusing Mary of adultry if he doesn't.
Yeah, at least he knows it's crazy. I really do like the guy - he seems so charming, romantic, and loyal. And Adam's chemistry with Adelaide is fantastic. It just makes me nervous. I mentioned this in Bothwell's thread, but I got a horrible Conde / Monde flashback in the last episode. - "You will be the death of me, and I you." -> "You must stay away, or it could be the end of me." I know the situations are VERY different, but... just the idea of Mary having another affair or being accused of adultery... I do hope he backs off like she asked.

Quote:
The actual wedding was oddly perfect in a really tragic sorta way. I thought the whole set up was great. Mary finds out she's pregnant with the future King, therefore she has to marry Darnley a man she can't stand. Her dress was amazing and the music they played was perfectly tragic and depressing.
Agreed. The wedding was kind of tragically beautiful, and the set up was perfect. You have to love the drama.

Quote:
Drunk Darnely was one of my favorite scenes of the episode. He was so funny and sad. I really liked that Mary finally cracked and wanted to forgive and wanted his forgiveness but of course he couldn't give it. Ahh the drama. That's why the whole Kira situation irked so much ...Mary and Darnley had a good thing going and when she returned it just ruined everything. I feel bad for them both, I like that Mary wanted his forgiveness and also that Darnley knows he betrayed her.
That's exactly what was so brilliant about that scene. It was both hilarious and bittersweet. It was sad to see Mary and Darnley unable to get past all of the drama and forgive each other - and even sadder to think of what might have been if Keira hadn't returned.

Quote:
I thought Elizabeth's meltdown was appropriate since she feels like her country is turning on her but Ughhh...not a fan of the Gideon sex thing. Sex always ruins the friendship dynamic which is a shame because I liked their friendship.
I understood Elizabeth's meltdown, too. Everything she said about her father was true... She was scared. I don't know... I love Elizabeth and Gideon's friendship, too, which is why I'm actually excited that it turned into more. It will be interesting to see how it develops from here? Will either of them regret what happened?

Quote:
I'm really afraid for James. Now that Knox knows everything...I have a feeling things are going to get really ugly for James. I really hope he gets to stick around...I just have this nagging feeling that Knox is going to retaliate, and Mary is going to have to banish James from court even though she is the one who asked him to seduce Emily Knox to begin with. It just feels like this is the story they are brewing..hope that doesn't happen.
Oh, gosh that would be terrible. I don't want it to ruin Mary and James' relationship, too. I could definitely see that happening, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotDoneAbusingYou (View Post)
If only. You have no idea how much I wish she could have stayed. Like Lindsay said, everything felt right with the world again.

Last edited by kerbear28; 04-17-2017 at 12:33 PM
kerbear28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread