Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2015, 05:56 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beawild (View Post)
If they are dumb enough to release the best actress they have from her contract, then they will save me the time of watching their badly written show. Season 2 is a different show than the one we saw in Season 1. If Megan is off the show, then I'm out of here too.
I don't think MF is leaving because they showed her hanging around in English Court talking to Elizabeth. So I see CdM working with Elizabeth for at least the first episode until something else shiny catches their attention.

- Captain Frederick Wentworth, Persuasion, Chapter 23
Scarlet|tumblr|Twitter|FF.net
ScarletCourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 07:02 PM
Part-Time Fan

Can't post much now, but I'm satisfied with that finale. Lots of things I'd have done differently, but I'm satisfied. And that triumphant Frary love-making and reconciliation music was intense.
Tappintoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 07:06 PM
Dedicated Fan

So, who the heck wrote the crap that I just watched tonight???????

Mary betrays her husband, her king and France by sleeping with Conde. What does wimpy Francis do? He allows her to continue betraying him and his country with a man who almost married France's worst enemy, Elizabeth I. That I guess is A-OK with him.

Narcisse, who enters the show as a villain who blackmails Francis and indirectly starts a religious civil war, is now a hero because he rescued Francis' one night stand and the child product of that night.

Catherine does what Catherine has done in the past, act drastically to protect her family and France. Misguided as she may have been, no harm was going to come to Lola and the baby. After all, the child is her grandson.

Francis was able to forgive his wife's betrayal, but exiles his mother? Who betrayed him the worst?

To top it all, Kenna leaves France for a Nordic country and Catherine ends up in Elizabeth's court? Nosty appears only to give Francis a death knell.

BTW, how many seasons is it going to take for these people to learn how to pronounce "Medici"? It should be MEdici, not MeDIci. Even if the British choose that pronunciation, it's incorrect. Catherine de Medici, of all people, would know how to pronounce her own name.

Pronunciation of Medici | How to say or pronounce Medici - PronounceNames.com

I might just get sick......

Last edited by Beawild; 05-14-2015 at 07:22 PM
Beawild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 07:37 PM
New Fan

So I've decided Narcisse is working with Antoine still and is poisoning Catherine. It makes more sense than Catherine hatching some weird scheme instead of just making sure Conde has an accident. It would also explain what she is doing in England because even if she's planning on double-crossing Elizabeth, that's a dumb move.

At least Francis withdrawing from court in his grief gave Mary something more to do in this episode than mope or follow around a dude.
bgal81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 08:15 PM
New Fan

I'm good with the finale. Things are starting to turn around, I'm happy with most of the resolution. Except for the whole Kennash/ Delphine thing. I felt it was just out of place from everything else that was going on. All the actors brought their A-game, I actually teared up in some parts.

Catherine finally gets her comeuppance with karma biting her in the rear. But I think letting her loose is probably worse then keeping her in the castle. *Facepalm*
Lunatiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 10:48 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:

Mary betrays her husband, her king and France by sleeping with Conde. What does wimpy Francis do? He allows her to continue betraying him and his country with a man who almost married France's worst enemy, Elizabeth I. That I guess is A-OK with him.

Narcisse, who enters the show as a villain who blackmails Francis and indirectly starts a religious civil war, is now a hero because he rescued Francis' one night stand and the child product of that night.

Catherine does what Catherine has done in the past, act drastically to protect her family and France. Misguided as she may have been, no harm was going to come to Lola and the baby. After all, the child is her grandson.

Francis was able to forgive his wife's betrayal, but exiles his mother? Who betrayed him the worst?

To top it all, Kenna leaves France for a Nordic country and Catherine ends up in Elizabeth's court? Nosty appears only to give Francis a death knell.

BTW, how many seasons is it going to take for these people to learn how to pronounce "Medici"? It should be MEdici, not MeDIci. Even if the British choose that pronunciation, it's incorrect. Catherine de Medici, of all people, would know how to pronounce her own name.

Bea, becausw of the How to pronounce Medici... I mean, it can't be that difficult but that's not what I'm really upset about... It's just the whole episode! I pretty much agree with everything you wrote especially the Francis/Cat part!

Let's hope Megan leaves after the one episode scheming with Elizabeth at English Court in S3... They should send her in a castle somewhere in France because there are plenty of them and just make Megan comeback in one last episode when everything is over to take her power back when Mary is sent away and Charles is the new King
De Medici Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 01:04 AM
Dedicated Fan

When Nosty came back I was so excited! This was everything to me!

I also enjoyed seeing Elizabeth finally, but overall I think Catherine trying to use Elizabeth will not end well. Although Elizabeth and Mary had their issues in real life(obviously), Elizabeth did put up with quite a lot once Mary returned to Scotland. And then later when Mary was forced to abdicate and give the throne to her son, Elizabeth put up with even more. It took Elizabeth a lot to finally kill Mary.

Watching the episode, it never even occurred to me that they were writing Kenna off the show. I just thought they would do a time skip and have her come back after she had the baby. *shrugs*

As for Mary's characterization, I thought it held true to how she could be so involved in herself that she became out of touch with what was around her. She did this over and over again in history. She's certainly a very interesting historical figure, but she was far from perfect (just as all monarchs were).

Watching: Longmire Season 4...YES!
Kassiek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 05:08 AM
Master Fan

Quote:

Please, GIVE ME A BREAK. Catherine has been terrible this season. Don't tell me what she shas done is ok and that she wouldn't have harmed Lola or the child. That's crap. She has been written so badly lately, she became this jealous psycho queen who had Narcisse eat his horse, have him humiliate Lola and threatened to harm him just because she was jealous. The kidnapping was a pathetic move and I don't believe for a second that it was for Francis to go mad and kill Conde.

The one night stand has a name....it's Lola.

"아 아까는 못 받아서 미안해
친구를 만나느라
shy shy shy
Maud&Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 05:20 AM
Elite Fan

She could have killed Lola and it wouldn't surprise me she did tbh... but she has NOT! AND one thing... she would never harm the baby, her grandson! It WAS a trick for Francis to kill Conde before he escapes, and exactly this happened... Conde escaped!

I think it's funny how everybody is innocent all of a sudden and Catherine the only one who doesn't deserve forgiveness like "omg she has done so much sh## let's hate her for this and ignore what others have done" ...

De Medici Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 09:30 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maud&Danny (View Post)
Please, GIVE ME A BREAK. Catherine has been terrible this season. Don't tell me what she shas done is ok and that she wouldn't have harmed Lola or the child. That's crap. She has been written so badly lately, she became this jealous psycho queen who had Narcisse eat his horse, have him humiliate Lola and threatened to harm him just because she was jealous. The kidnapping was a pathetic move and I don't believe for a second that it was for Francis to go mad and kill Conde.

The one night stand has a name....it's Lola.
No one is saying that Catherine acted like a saint, that wouldn't be Catherine. My point is that Mary betrayed Francis far worse than Catherine did by hiding Lola and the baby for a few days. Yet, he forgives Mary and goes to bed with her the minute she snaps her fingers. By comparison, Catherine's actions were far less of a betrayal than Mary's. Mary didn't just sleep with any guy in court, she slept with a prince who almost married France's worst enemy. Furthermore, said prince almost dethroned Francis. Catherine wasn't going to harm Lola or the baby. Mary betrayed her king, husband and France. What she did were grounds for treason, but Francis managed to forgive her betrayal. I blame the whole mess that Season 2 has been on Laurie and the writers.

Issi, the pronunciation of "Medici" is a minor thing, but it has driven me crazy since the show started. It's not that difficult of a name to pronounce.

I think that Megan is not leaving for now, but I don't know where this show is going. Apparently, Francis is dying. If he dies, then little Charles becomes king and Catherine Regent. Mary would have no business remaining in France and would have to go back to Scotland. So, do they plan to transfer the show to a Scottish setting? What of the characters that live in France, are they planning to recast the whole show? I find Mary insipid and mostly someone who makes foolish mistakes. If Season 3 is about Mary's travails with Elizabeth, then I'll stop wasting my time and won't watch Reign anymore.
Old 05-15-2015, 01:00 PM
New Fan

Quote:
No one is saying that Catherine acted like a saint, that wouldn't be Catherine. My point is that Mary betrayed Francis far worse than Catherine did by hiding Lola and the baby for a few days. Yet, he forgives Mary and goes to bed with her the minute she snaps her fingers. By comparison, Catherine's actions were far less of a betrayal than Mary's. Mary didn't just sleep with any guy in court, she slept with a prince who almost married France's worst enemy. Furthermore, said prince almost dethroned Francis. Catherine wasn't going to harm Lola or the baby. Mary betrayed her king, husband and France. What she did were grounds for treason, but Francis managed to forgive her betrayal. I blame the whole mess that Season 2 has been on Laurie and the writers.

Not that I like to defend Mary but the difference is that Catherine had full intent to go behind Francis back in danger his son and Lola all for a ruse to kill someone else and disobey Francis’s edict to spare Conde for political reasons. Catherine may not want to hurt Lola or his son intentionally but her hired kidnappers can’t promise that something won’t go wrong in the process, they just take the money and do the job.

Mary as stupid as she was this season, had OPEN communication with Francis about having an affair with Conde. Francis was fully aware of the affair between Conde and Mary (and his dumb decision to allow her to go through with it.) Mary tried to save Conde but did not help him further in anything else. It was Conde’s own actions that he allied with Elizabeth and attacked the castle, because as he admitted to Mary “I wanted the crown” Mary redeemed herself a little from her bad decisions by taking down Conde.

I get that Catherine had good reasons. But the fact that she continually uses kidnapping, extortion, and killing as short cut methods and gleefully relishes in those methods is what pissed Francis off the most I think, not to mention she manipulated his emotional wellbeing when she was supposed to care for Francis the most. You do not manipulate someone you truly love. Mary did it to Conde, but she expressed guilt and regret, while Catherine thinks of it as second nature to her and has been doing it since season 1 that we know of, which is disturbing to be honest.
Lunatiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 01:03 PM
Master Fan

Oh. My. God. This episode was a joke, and a really bad one. Are we going to pretend that Mary didn't cause far more potential damage than a fake kidnapping? From the recaps and stuff I thought I'd hate Catherine for good but she's actually the only one I'm rooting for right now.
I have no words. No character here is worth polishing her shoes.
Old 05-15-2015, 03:16 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkalice (View Post)
Oh. My. God. This episode was a joke, and a really bad one. Are we going to pretend that Mary didn't cause far more potential damage than a fake kidnapping? From the recaps and stuff I thought I'd hate Catherine for good but she's actually the only one I'm rooting for right now.
I have no words. No character here is worth polishing her shoes.
For all her many misdeeds, Catherine's motivation for most of her actions have always been two things:

1) Her children
2) France

Mary was thinking of Mary when she jumped into Conde's bed. She wasn't thinking of her husband and king, and she sure as heck wasn't thinking of France. Her decision was self serving and hurt, not only her husband, but the nation too. Francis came a hair away from losing his crown. That also meant that he could have been executed by troops loyal to Elizabeth. So too could the whole royal family have been killed, particularly the crown princes and princesses. Vanquishing the entire Valois line of succession would have benefited the Bourbons and their English allies. If there were no more Valois heirs, the Bourbons would have inherited the throne. Which is what eventually did happen in real life.
Old 05-15-2015, 03:31 PM
Master Fan

Here's my theory. I could be way off but I had this thought. In her last scene with Mary, Catherine was still, even after everything she did, saying that she wasn't just doing this for Francis, but for her too. She has said to Narcisse that she doesn't want Mary hurt and that she cares for her. No matter how badly she carried it out, her main concern is Francis. Giving Elizabeth information to get Mary would also hurt Francis and also give him reason to take her head. No matter how mad she is at Mary, it's not a smart move. What if they just used her banishment as a reason to make us believe she wants Mary dead, when in fact, this is all just a clever plot to take Elizabeth down. Since Francis no longer trusts her, this is the only way she can save him.
Old 05-15-2015, 07:34 PM
Dedicated Fan

Hum...
Even with a season finale, number of viewers decreased (if I am not wrong)and demo stayed at .3...

Final Adjusted TV Ratings for Thursday 14th May 2015 | Spoilers
Pirouline is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread