Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-25-2014, 09:39 PM
Elite Fan

Nosty is basically her minion as well. He probably thought he was a friend, but nope.
Old 06-27-2014, 12:01 AM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

It's better for him to find out what she's really all about so he can protect himself and those he loves from her. It's too bad that she doesn't appreciate the amazing ally she has in Nost. I definitely think it was a big eye opener for him when she was ready to have him killed for misinterpreting his vision if she couldn't fix it and threatening Olivia.
One Thing Remains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 08:56 PM
Dedicated Fan

Catherine is foremost a queen. Absolute monarchs were willful and didn't accept gracefully things not going their way. Nosty defied her and she sent him a warning via a poisonous snake.
Beawild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 12:58 AM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

she should still treat him better though. She would not like someone treating her the way she treats Nost.
Old 07-12-2014, 12:17 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beawild (View Post)
Catherine is foremost a queen. Absolute monarchs were willful and didn't accept gracefully things not going their way. Nosty defied her and she sent him a warning via a poisonous snake.
I understand that, but it just goes to show that "friendship" isn't in the cards for a monarch. Prior to the snake incident, it seemed like Cat and Nosty were actually friends and that his loyalty to her came from a place of platonic love. Now I have to wonder. Even if he did stay loyal out of friendship, it seems that feeling isn't exactly reciprocated.
Old 07-12-2014, 08:19 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

yes it does makes you wonder if Nost's loyalty was actually based off of past threats and not because he truly thought of Catherine as a friend.
Old 07-13-2014, 03:02 PM
Elite Fan

I remember Catherine's words "Trust does not come easily to me" so I think that she is not able of having REAL friends and trust them at all.

She's a queen and she knows very well that people can change their mind easily and betray for money and more power because she is the kind of person who would do anything for power so maybe she just can't believe that there are persons who can be truly loyal.
De Medici Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 09:00 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

I think that being a monarch and having all that power is probably one of the loneliest jobs in the world. I would prefer to have true friendships over power, but most monarchs seem to prefer power over friendships. Which is probably why they rise to the top and become monarchs
Old 07-14-2014, 08:54 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by keroppi (View Post)
I think that being a monarch and having all that power is probably one of the loneliest jobs in the world. I would prefer to have true friendships over power, but most monarchs seem to prefer power over friendships. Which is probably why they rise to the top and become monarchs
That's true. It's like being celebrity, you can never know who the true friends are
Old 07-14-2014, 09:58 PM
Elite Fan

Aww, but Nosty seemed like a true friend. I know it's hard for Catherine to trust, but she had to see the difference between him and more ambitious people who maybe aren't so trustworthy.
Old 07-15-2014, 02:25 AM
Elite Fan

I know. She's making a big mistake with Nosty and it's so sad because he could be her real and true friend but let us see what will come with s2 because yeah... she still wanted to kill Olivia...

or maybe she will say to him that she didn't wanted to kill Olivia just to scare him so he could stay with her because she needed him
Old 07-15-2014, 04:42 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

Yes I agree Rachel - Nost has proven his complete loyalty to Catherine on many occasions. She has no reason not to trust him in my opinion.
Old 07-17-2014, 08:34 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by reign_demedicifan (View Post)
I know. She's making a big mistake with Nosty and it's so sad because he could be her real and true friend but let us see what will come with s2 because yeah... she still wanted to kill Olivia...

or maybe she will say to him that she didn't wanted to kill Olivia just to scare him so he could stay with her because she needed him
I was thinking about this earlier. It seemed a little odd that she did that to me. I mean she barely tried to talk him out of leaving before jumping to the snake thing. So I had this thought. Maybe she didn't do it at all. Maybe Clarissa is back and she overheard their conversation and planted the snake to make Nostradamus turn on Catherine.

I know it's probably crazy because we probably won't see Clarissa again until they are ready to kill off Francis, but it seemed logical at the time. Could be a good fic though.
NotDoneAbusingYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 11:11 PM
Elite Fan

^That's an interesting thought, but I don't think it was meant to be ambiguous or misleading. It was Catherine, reminding Nosty that he's on a leash.

The Reign Writers tweeted this pic for #tbt:

The dynamic duo! Always scheming. #TBT to their season 1 shenanigans. #Reign
Old 07-18-2014, 03:22 AM
Elite Fan

NotDoneAbusingYou, that's interesting! It could be good stuff to involve Clarissa again in the show but I doubt they will...

I saw they posted that and thought maybe we're going to see more Catherine/Nostradamus scenes in s2
Reply   Post New Thread