Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2014, 07:28 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkalice (View Post)
I'm not entirely sure they'd execute the wives and mistresses though (if they even were to execute the men, starting with Francis). I actually have a lot of problems with this story in general, I'm not sure which superior power would touch the king, not to mention send him to the scaffold, nor I'm sure who would believe an angry landowner over the king. This is no French revolution, this is an alive and kicking house of Valois. They just want to depict Francis as forced into bad political choices.
I think since Francis committed regicide he can be executed for it, but I have trouble believing that people will believe Narcisse more than Francis, besides, he could kill Narcisse and if Montgomery ever comes to court and accuse him of something, he could say that he's a liar and he's the one who killed Henry, probably even murdered him and he will execute Montgomery for that. Or he can kill Montgomery before he says anything.
Old 11-15-2014, 07:38 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmemandy (View Post)
I think since Francis committed regicide he can be executed for it, but I have trouble believing that people will believe Narcisse more than Francis, besides, he could kill Narcisse and if Montgomery ever comes to court and accuse him of something, he could say that he's a liar and he's the one who killed Henry, probably even murdered him and he will execute Montgomery for that. Or he can kill Montgomery before he says anything.
I'm by no means a historian but I know about few royals killing other royals, and none of them were executed. Elizabeth I was excommunicated for killing Mary, and little did she care since she was the head of her own church. Richard II vanished into thin air and Henry IV reigned anuharmed. I might associate Francis to Richard III maybe, since Richard was suspected to have killed Edward V, but Richard died in the battlefield, it's not as if they went after him for killing the king and executed him.

I agree with you though, in Francis's shoes I'd simply get rid of Narcisse and claim Montgomery is lying or went mad because he's guil-stricken or something. Seriously, who cares. Plus, they made it a point that Catherine has all kinds of poison she could use without anyone ever finding out.
Old 11-15-2014, 07:42 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkalice (View Post)
I'm by no means a historian but I know about few royals killing other royals, and none of them were executed. Elizabeth I was excommunicated for killing Mary, and little did she care since she was the head of her own church. Richard II vanished into thin air and Henry IV reigned anuharmed. I might associate Francis to Richard III maybe, since Richard was suspected to have killed Edward V, but Richard died in the battlefield, it's not as if they went after him for killing the king and executed him.

I agree with you though, in Francis's shoes I'd simply get rid of Narcisse and claim Montgomery is lying or went mad because he's guil-stricken or something. Seriously, who cares. Plus, they made it a point that Catherine has all kinds of poison she could use without anyone ever finding out.
Totally, I even think that Narcisse is actually bluffing, he won't actually say anything to anyone, because if everything he predicted were to happen, and the Valois line is over, the Bourbon will take the throne, and France will therefore be protestant, and Narcisse never wanted that so I really think he's bluffing.

ETA : Almost time to kill the thread !
Old 11-15-2014, 07:49 AM
Master Fan

True that Narcisse only wanted to have control over Francis, not Protestant France. Do we know why we never heard of Narcisse before with Henry? Because if he's as powerful as he claims, then how did Henry deal with him?

Yes, we need to decide a new thread title.

- Captain Frederick Wentworth, Persuasion, Chapter 23
Scarlet|tumblr|Twitter|FF.net
Old 11-15-2014, 07:50 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Totally, I even think that Narcisse is actually bluffing, he won't actually say anything to anyone, because if everything he predicted were to happen, and the Valois line is over, the Bourbon will take the throne, and France will therefore be protestant, and Narcisse never wanted that so I really think he's bluffing.

ETA : Almost time to kill the thread !
I hadn't thought about it, now that is smart writing

I'm happy we're being fast with this thread, considering we had like three scenes since the season started it's really a lot

Prettieees!

we could be heroes., fangirl challenge 2.0 » [31/?] romantic ships ...
Old 11-15-2014, 07:56 AM
Master Fan

Love that gif set!

We did go through this thread pretty quickly considering there's only three of us who post to it regularly.

Old 11-15-2014, 08:01 AM
Master Fan

We must be really chatty
Old 11-15-2014, 08:02 AM
Master Fan

Without a doubt!

Wanna kill it with pretties?

Old 11-15-2014, 08:05 AM
Master Fan

We can try! At least we did get scenes and gifs this week lol

i'll be rising with the morning tide.
Old 11-15-2014, 08:06 AM
Obsessed Fan

That gifset is so pretty I can't even tell you how happy I am that Francis is defending his sister in law, it's so cute.
I'm happy we're almost at the end of this thread, I'm so proud of us especially since we haven't seen much kennash this season

I felt so bad in this scene, he's off again, and she's standing there alone waiting for him.
Old 11-15-2014, 08:12 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
That gifset is so pretty I can't even tell you how happy I am that Francis is defending his sister in law, it's so cute.
I'm happy we're almost at the end of this thread, I'm so proud of us especially since we haven't seen much kennash this season
https://38.media.tumblr.com/2bb69f58...z2xko4_250.gif
I felt so bad in this scene, he's off again, and she's standing there alone waiting for him.
Yes that was kind of sad. If you noticed, there had been a guys prepping the horse up to that point, but when Bash leaves Kenna is completely alone, the only person in the shot. It feels so lonely

centrum parmanebit
Old 11-15-2014, 08:16 AM
Master Fan

Still loving this gif

(x)

Old 11-15-2014, 08:19 AM
Obsessed Fan

The "Come here wife" felt like heaven for me
Old 11-15-2014, 08:20 AM
Master Fan

It's so sweet

salvage of a lifetime

I think this scene was interesting because Kenna wasn't blinded by his flattering. He may or may not be telling the truth about Claude (I think she is insecure, deep down), but she still knows there might be more to it.
Old 11-15-2014, 08:24 AM
Obsessed Fan

I totally think she knows there is more to it. She even asked him if what he's saying is true.

Did you notice that their clothes are matching here, it's litterally the cutest thing. And the way they're walking far from each other, and then he gets a little closer to her.