Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2015, 02:07 AM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolphini (View Post)
Bash did everything right in this episode. Is he a perfect husband ? No .. even he admitted to that he is away too much but he truly loves Kenna.
But he is one of the few "good" guys. To me he is not boring and why does Kenna need a SL that has to be all drama. Working on a relationship but stickinhg with it is interesting as well. It doesnt always have to be cheating , lies.
Kenna was so easily swayed away from the marriage and thats what has me worried a lot about their future.
People here all want Kenna to be happy. But what about Bash ? If anyone he deserves happiness as well. Someone who loves him for what he is,
This is the Kenna/Antoine appreciation thread

We have a Kenna/Bash appreciation thread here Come on over and post about how much you love them as a couple
One Thing Remains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 02:35 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by keroppi (View Post)
This is the Kenna/Antoine appreciation thread

We have a Kenna/Bash appreciation thread here Come on over and post about how much you love them as a couple
Sorry didnt know you could only write things saying how great Antoine/Kenna are in here.

i actually dont love Kenna and Bash as her being swayed by some lofty promises by Antoine so easily really turned me off.
Dolphini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 03:03 AM
Elite Fan

I haven't watched the episode yet but seems like Antoine left? And he only wanted to use Kenna? I know someone will be so sad about this! Sorry Mandy
De Medici Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 11:59 AM
Obsessed Fan

It's okay Issi I'm just a little sad that he's gone now I knew he was using her all along but I'm actually happy about the scenes they got, they were more emotional than the scenes with Torr, maybe because I love Ben and I think he brings up the best in Caitlin's acting ? Antoine even showed signs that he cared for her and he said "We started out this way but I do want you." even Torrance said that in his interview so I think we're supposed to think that Antoine cared about Kenna in the end and truly wanted her. I'm sad that he left though but if they follow history and stick with the storyline he should be back, they obviously left an open window for him to be back and they left storylines for him such as his relationships with the valois family, with Bash, Kenna, Narcisse, the fact that he poisonned Henry and no one knows... So he obviously has material, and Ben is a good actor so I suppose the show wants him, I guess it will depend on his new projects and if they get picked up for a whole season.
Nonetheless, it was a good Kenna episode in my opinion. Even if she didn't go with Antoine, she realised that she's indeed unhappy in her marriage and she doesn't get what she wants from her relationship with Bash. So I guess it's not really Antoine's fault. And Antoine realised that, when she said "I am happy" and added in a small voice "and I love my husband" it sounded more like she was trying to convince herself than Antoine, I'm glad she didn't apologize to Bash over and over and I'm glad she's not trying to be someone she's not anymore.
And we got the best kiss Caitlin ever performed on TV , so I'm glad we got that . I guess for the rest I'm going to stick with fanfiction and hope that Antoine will be back. If not, then someone other guy will do.
Old 03-13-2015, 02:31 PM
Master Fan

Alright, we all knew how this was going to have and I was no shipper in a romantic, run-off-together way, but I liked how Antoine proved to care about Kenna in his last episode. Like, his pregnant wife was collapsing and he went after Kenna! In his own, twisted way he grew fond of her, which I appreciate. But when he mentioned he wouldn't be jealous it was pretty clear there was no love there.
All in all it wasn't a completely bad arc for them. I hope we'll see more of Antoine but I doubt that's the case.
Old 03-17-2015, 06:06 AM
Master Fan

Not sure where else to post this.

Other members of the cast tweeted about it as well last night.

- Captain Frederick Wentworth, Persuasion, Chapter 23
Scarlet|tumblr|Twitter|FF.net
ScarletCourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 08:41 PM
Obsessed Fan

Yeah I saw Caitlin tweet about it, this guy is so cool and talented , I didn't know he directed stuff as well, this vid is hilarious
Old 03-18-2015, 01:00 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmemandy (View Post)
. I guess for the rest I'm going to stick with fanfiction and hope that Antoine will be back. If not, then someone other guy will do.
i dont know why you despise Bash so much that Kenna HAS to be with someone else.
If anything Bash should be with someone who sppreciates him for who he is and not someone who might just put material things above love.
Everyone has their own taste and opinions of course and after this Antoine deal i think Kenna and Bash would be better apart if she cant accept Bash.
Yes he can be a better husband and he said that much in the episode but he cant change the fact that he cant give her the power and status she desires.
Old 03-18-2015, 01:07 AM
Master Fan

Having shipped Kennash since their first scene I'd find it hard to stray even if I wanted to. As for Antoine, I'd love him to be back at some point but that'll depend on Ben's schedule. I'm not sure he'd have stuff with Kenna anymore though.
Old 03-18-2015, 01:16 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkalice (View Post)
Having shipped Kennash since their first scene I'd find it hard to stray even if I wanted to. As for Antoine, I'd love him to be back at some point but that'll depend on Ben's schedule. I'm not sure he'd have stuff with Kenna anymore though.
i totally agree that its hard to stray from Kennash but i feel now the ball is in Kennas hands. Something big has to change within her to make them work as a couple again.
And yes i know Bash has to be more attentive as well.
Old 03-18-2015, 02:41 AM
Obsessed Fan

I don't despise Bash I just think they're too different to be together, I used to ship them it's not like I hate them as a couple, I enjoy their scenes very much it's just that I prefer Kenna's scenes with other people, and I loved the chemistry she had with Antoine.
As for Kenna, I disagree, she's not the one who needs to work on the relationship, and she's not there, looking for money and being a materialistic gold digger. Let's get the facts straight. She wants to have a family with a husband. She wants to have a domestic life with children, homes, parties she will organise. Anyway, the thing that every girl in the 16 century wanted so let's not say she's not appreciative of Bash because she is.
Now Bash on the other hand doesn't want children, he wants to be a hero and save everyone so he doesn't have time to build a family and a secure future for them. And I guess Kenna is just sick of it.
They both have different priorities and Bash's priorities are different from Kenna's.
I don't "despise" Bash per say, mostly I don't care about him. But the reason why I think Kennash shouldn't be together RIGHT NOW is because being together doesn't do good for both characters. Either Bash has to give up his desire for being a hero and finally start spending time with his wife and being more considerate and loving or Kenna is going to have to suck it up and be ok with the fact that she will never have children, that her husband is mostly not here at all, because he's busy looking for the weirdos in town, she will never have the life that she wants.
So what's the point of staying together ? They were non existent for half a season because that's how boring they are. Can you imagine what would happen if they get back together for the 3rd season ? What sl would they have ? Kenna being miserable and waiting forever for him again ? or having babies and a perfect life ? I'm sorry but I'll pass.
The crew obviously loves him and I'm sure if he wasn't a lead on a new show he would've been a regular, he has more talent than some regulars currently in the show (aka Sean/Jonathan...) also he has a unique kind of character, he seems like a sociopath and a skilled manipulator, but deep down you can see that he cares for his blood and he also started caring for Kenna, He's fiercly loyal to those he love and he's willing to protect them at all cost and I like these kind of characters. I think it would be good if he comes back, I'm sure he will have material with Kenna, they can't ignore each other, it would be really weird.
Also just wanted to add: Kenna doesn't need to change anything about herself, I mean come on she's been ooc for the entire season it's time she finally gets back to who she truly is. I think we all know kennash is going to be endgame, but that doesn't mean I can't appreciate something else along the way.
Old 03-18-2015, 02:51 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
So what's the point of staying together ? They were non existent for half a season because that's how boring they are.
Uhm I disagree. Scarlet's been coming up with lovely ideas for them for months. They were non existent because the writers are lazier than Scarlet and cared very much for bringing all the Narcisse threats, nanny drama and Conde they could.

But I guess there's no business in defending KB in this particular thread, so I'm the one who'll pass here.
Old 03-18-2015, 03:01 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Uhm I disagree. Scarlet's been coming up with lovely ideas for them for months. They were non existent because the writers are lazier than Scarlet and cared very much for bringing all the Narcisse threats, nanny drama and Conde they could.

But I guess there's no business in defending KB in this particular thread, so I'm the one who'll pass here.

In 2x03 we got lovely Kennash scenes with Kenna jumping on the bed and being excited and stuff and them talking about Lola and the lands and the baby and don't get me wrong I loved that scene but it wasn't a storyline, it was happy but if they did happy stuff for more than 2 episodes, it will quickly get boring. This is a drama show.
I think the problem here isn't about defending Kennash I think it's about people thinking Kenna did everything wrong, and has to do all the work now.
Old 03-18-2015, 03:35 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
it was happy but if they did happy stuff for more than 2 episodes, it will quickly get boring. This is a drama show.
That concerns any couple and it's up to the writers to find a balance. We all know we were given writers that are rubbish at it, but the blame can't be on the couple; they're just fictional people whose God and puppeteer is in the writing department.
Old 03-18-2015, 03:45 AM
New Fan

Quote:
That concerns any couple and it's up to the writers to find a balance. We all know we were given writers that are rubbish at it, but the blame can't be on the couple; they're just fictional people whose God and puppeteer is in the writing department.
agreed , some act as if its impossible to write good SLs for couples. Being a couple doesnt have to be boring.
Reply   Post New Thread