Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2015, 08:18 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerbear28 (View Post)
I love how much they are promoting her! I've never watched Rachel in anything before, but she seems really talented and adorable. What she said about Megan was so sweet! And accurate. I'm looking forward to seeing what she brings to the character of Elizabeth.
Now don't get me wrong, I like that they have added Elizabeth to the cast, and Rachel seems pretty cool, but I hate the amount of promotion she's getting because it is overshadowing everyone else. I mean this may be Toby's last season and you haven't seen any news about him at all and very little about Megan or Addy and I don't even want to think about poor Torrance who wasn't even in the promo. I loved the idea of her, but I'm liking it less and less the more they shove her down our throats. I'm afraid by the time it airs I may hate her. It's like when you play a really good song over and over and eventually you get sick of it.

ETA: We have other new characters we know nothing about, including a new Charles. I would like to hear about them too.

Last edited by NotDoneAbusingYou; 09-14-2015 at 08:26 PM
Old 09-15-2015, 03:19 AM
Elite Fan

I know, I completely understand it I was talking about it in the S3 discussion thread... I love Rachel, she's super sweet but they're like promoting her TOO MUCH and completely ignoring the "old" cast
Old 09-15-2015, 05:53 AM
Extreme Fan

Eh, Elizabeth was always going to get this much promotion in a way. It's called the Elizabethan age for a reason. She is the most legendary figure of the century from perhaps the most infamous dynasty in European Royal history. Plus, with the ratings being in the toilet they're counting on her to bring new people in. The Tudors are serious money these days. They have a huge industry dedicated just t them, here in the UK. Unfortunately it will probably backfire as people who interested in Elizabeth I will probably be frustrated by Reign.
Old 09-15-2015, 06:07 AM
Elite Fan

Yes, but the people who watched until now and continued staying faithful to this show did it for other characters, Mary, Catherine, Francis, Bash.. not Elizabeth so by promoting her that much they may be getting new viewers but they also could risk losing the other faithful fans of this show
Old 09-15-2015, 10:07 AM
Extreme Fan

They clearly have no idea what to do with Bash though. So, he'll probably be running round with Delphine for the season. Francis is gong to die soon and the show is all over the place with Mary. They have no idea what they're doing in France, so they're starting again with England. The whole show is a shining example of poor thought and planning at this point. Mary and Francis were the wrong historical figures to base the show on, frankly.
Old 09-15-2015, 10:48 AM
Elite Fan

I'm still hoping for a CdM show, starring Megan Follows
Old 09-16-2015, 05:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

^ I would watch that show. But I agree, Issi...they are risking alienating their current fans - fans who have stuck with them through A LOT - by neglecting to promote the characters they already love in favor of ONE new character. But, I do see that Elizabeth is an important and iconic historical figure who is very popular, so naturally they want to try to take advantage of that.
Old 09-17-2015, 05:19 AM
Elite Fan

they aren't even promoting Mary, they're changing things and risking too much again IMO, the show is about Mary Stuart but now it seems like it's more about Elizabeth.. if they could balance things though but they're not doing it imo
Old 09-17-2015, 05:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Exactly. They need to promote their main character! After everything that happened in Season 2, they need to focus on making Mary sympathetic and relatable again. Like you said, there should at least be more balance in their promotions.
Old 09-20-2015, 03:30 AM
Elite Fan

I wonder if we'll get any other promo pics or this will be the only one though
Old 09-20-2015, 12:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

I need more promo pics. Period.
Old 09-22-2015, 04:37 AM
Elite Fan

I love her and Adelaide's friendship on twitter

Old 09-22-2015, 05:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

I hadn't even realized I had double posted, Issi. Stupid phone.

I adore Ade and Rachel's Twitter friendship.
Old 09-27-2015, 11:43 AM
Elite Fan

It's ok

They're like Twitter Queens Team. Now if only Megan had twitter and could join them in their tweeting
Old 09-28-2015, 06:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Twitter Queens Team. I like it. I would love it if Megan could tweet with them, too.

Maybe it's too early to mention this, but do you think we should open a thread for Ade and Rachel - or maybe even for Ade/Rachel/Megan? Ade and Rachel especially seem to have hit it off and become good friends.