Old 01-04-2014, 12:43 PM
Passionate Fan

Icon: Jessiegabriela
Old 01-04-2014, 12:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Arrow

#6.
M♥K Married (9-14-2023) Jin D-44,NJH D-144 OSW D-170, J-Hope D-171, Jinyoung-D-192 JK-D-409

Icon by me. Olicity, BTS, TxT, Enhypen, NJ, &Team, ZB1, CSW D-22 LDH D-380
Old 01-04-2014, 12:44 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by warangel88 (View Post)
honestly I think the real problem, is whether or not the writers/producers
"fanpanders" possibly alternating history to the most vocal ship.

I don't know while i do know their is a lot of Frary fans out there, who for the most part is most likely pleased with the way things are going. So they may be a bit on the "quiet side" While the MB fans seemed to be a tad bit more vocal.

In my experience CW likes to fanpander to the loudest group
The CW definitely listens to the most vocal group which sucks because it usually doesn't result in good storytelling.
Old 01-04-2014, 12:45 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydbristow (View Post)
Idk to me, endgame is whichever couple ends up together. That's why I always say I don't give a damn about what's engdame. What matters to me is the story. The journey, not the destination.
IA but I think it's sort of different for this show because we know FM isn't going to literally be endgame. And I can't see MB being either (lol like they'd still be happening around francis' death??) at all. So for this show I just see endgame as whoever loved who at the end
Old 01-04-2014, 12:45 PM
Loyal Fan

Old 01-04-2014, 12:46 PM
Master Fan

NEW THREAD
Old 01-04-2014, 12:46 PM
Elite Fan

nvm
Old 01-04-2014, 12:51 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by firewall (View Post)
We're on the same page. I don't really think there is a question about any of this. I don't think the typical CW triangle rules apply in this case. "Anything can happen" might be their motto in other instances, but in this one, there is only one outcome. Mary will love Francis after his death until her dying day. And she will leave evidence of that love in writing and artwork and even in the request she makes at death to be buried beside him.

The End.

A ship war under these circumstances is an exercise in futility.
That's part of the reason I've decided to stay out of general discussion threads. I don't see the point of a ship war in this case. I KNOW Francis is going to die I accept that. It's a tragic and beautiful love story of two people ripped out of one another's lives just as they were starting to really live. I also know KNOW that Mary loved him for the rest of her messy and ultimately tragic life. I also know Diane only had daughters and had no child with Henry, even though they loved one another passionately and she was 20 years older than him. Even the LiWs are at least based on real people. Girls all named Mary. Bash, Tomas, Simon, they're all just made up, and given the way the latter two served the plot but ultimately are irrelevant to the main plot of the show, I would guess that is Bash's ultimate fate as well.

I don't see the point of getting into an argument over what will happen, or waiting till Francis dies for something else to emerge. It's macabre to begin with. But it also makes no sense. Mary went back to Scotland ALONE and heartbroken, having been forced out of France by her late husband's mother. That's what I want to see, and those scenes will be electric, but it's mostly that the real history is so much more compelling than anything the writers can or will come up with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessa21 (View Post)
The CW definitely listens to the most vocal group which sucks because it usually doesn't result in good storytelling.
Then I guess when they get back we need to get vocal, which I hate. I have a fannish twitter account which I never use. I guess I can dust it off if someone will direct me where and who to tweet to. Because Tobilaide is too magical to get frelled with through fan pandering.

Sorry for the dp.

Oh, and I vote for 6, though it kills me. That lean is electic!

TFTNT, Bree

Last edited by lemon tart; 01-04-2014 at 12:58 PM
Old 01-04-2014, 12:55 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessa21 (View Post)
Then I guess when they get back we need to get vocal, which I hate. I have a fannish twitter account which I never use. I guess I can dust it off if someone will direct me where and who to tweet to. Because Tobilaide is too magical to get frelled with through fan pandering.

Sorry for the dp.

Oh, and I vote for 6, though it kills me. That lean is electic!