Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2018, 01:36 AM
New Fan

Hey guys,im new here and im recently watching Reign , i really love the chemistry between them, but sadly ive recent discovered that season 1 is the only way for shipping those two.
Im very sad😢😢😢.
Why writers why? There was a lot of potential here, i do love Francis too, but i prefer Mary Bash scenes
MaryandBash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 07:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Welcome to the Reign board, MaryandBash. I'm so glad that you found us. I will tell you that Mary and Bash had a few precious moments in the later seasons, but I suppose Season 1 really was the best for them. I was a Frary fan from the beginning, but I always appreciated the bond that Mary and Bash shared. How many episodes have you watched? I know you're disappointed about Mash, but don't let that discourage you. Please keep watching and let us know what you think! There are plenty of characters and relationships on the show to fall in love with.
Old 06-23-2018, 08:15 AM
New Fan

Awww thanks for your welcome😄. Im sorry if i dont speack english properly, im not a native speaker.
Yeah im really happy to be here with you guys and that we can share things we have in common.☺☺☺☺Dont worry im not giving up on this show at all, i love everything of it. Is it true that my perfect couple would be MaryBash because of the passion i saw at first, but eventhough i really like Francis too , he is a good person and very handsome lol.
Tonight im going to watch 2x02and i dont want to see conde😭, plus the king has been a ver y good charachter , interesting and funny i didnt want him to be dead so soon.
MaryandBash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 07:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Your English is very good! That is great that you are going to keep watching! I hope you are able to return and post here with us often. Season 2 is a bit difficult, but we would love to hear your thoughts.

I'm glad you like Francis, too. For me, it was impossible not to love both.

Ugh, Conde. He is NOT a favorite.

King Henry was such a fun and interesting character! I would have loved to have seen more of him.
Old 06-27-2018, 04:07 PM
Elite Fan

Welcome to FF/the board/Mash, MaryandBash. I'm Nikki. At least you know in advance that things never went anywhere with Mash after s1. It was a lot worse going through late s1 when the show was still on and we got so many hints/promises that Mash would always share this intense bond just for them to have a scant few scenes after s1.
rossfangirl86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 09:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

It was utterly ridiculous and unnecessary. There was no reason that they couldn't have kept their connection alive consistently after Season 1. Did they think it would be a threat to Frary? Then wth was Conde?! And what about after Francis had passed away? There was always room for more of Mash's bond. Such a wasted opportunity.
Old 06-30-2018, 04:11 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah pretty much. Most Mash fans never wanted them to have an affair, it would've been wrong for so many reasons but they still could've showed care/concern for each other as they did in s1. It was always their shared kinship that so many of us loved. I would've taken more scenes like that than their short lived romantic plotline in mid s1.
Old 07-01-2018, 11:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

As a Frary fan, I appreciate that so much, Nikki. I simply adored Mary and Bash's friendship. What she shared with Bash didn't have to take anything away from her relationship with Francis.
Old 07-08-2018, 05:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryandBash (View Post)
Hey guys,im new here and im recently watching Reign , i really love the chemistry between them, but sadly ive recent discovered that season 1 is the only way for shipping those two.
Im very sad😢😢😢.
Why writers why? There was a lot of potential here, i do love Francis too, but i prefer Mary Bash scenes
welcome

happy to see that even now there are still new fans that love these two
karamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 09:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Absolutely! It's so wonderful to see new fans discovering the show and all it's lovely ships - even if they don't all work out in the end.

Hey Everyone! If you haven't noticed, there's a new Reign fashion survivor! The thread is topped, so go VOTE VOTE VOTE!

Last edited by kerbear28; 07-10-2018 at 07:52 PM
kerbear28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 02:46 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerbear28 (View Post)
As a Frary fan, I appreciate that so much, Nikki. I simply adored Mary and Bash's friendship. What she shared with Bash didn't have to take anything away from her relationship with Francis.
Even though I wasn't a fan of Frary after the first few episodes, I always thought that particular triangle worked well because both men could off her something the other couldn't. I didn't like that it turned into a competition when she shared something important and different with each of them. I thought Mash shared a deep understanding and kinship with each other and unspoken feelings that couldn't really be described. That's what always intrigued me about them and I was disappointed when that was thrown away in late s1.
Old 07-15-2018, 06:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Honestly, it was only after the triangle was dead and buried that I actually started to like and appreciate Mash's bond. I guess that once I realized it wasn't a threat to Frary, I began to miss it. Like you said, each relationship could give Mary something special and different that she needed, so the triangle really did work well. I'm glad they didn't draw it out longer, but I wish they would have continued to show Mash's connection more consistently.

Last edited by kerbear28; 07-15-2018 at 06:13 PM
kerbear28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 02:00 PM
Dedicated Fan

I agree. There was so much more to explore in that relationship as friends and former intimates.
Warpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 04:07 PM
Elite Fan

Bash having unrequited feelings for Mary was what I expected until Francis died. I expected the Mash bond continue to grow and grow until she was free to really look at Bash the way he was looking at her. I expected him to the only person she could really trust once her time in France was finished. I expected him to be the only person she took to Scotland with her. I expected them to share a little bit of romance prior to her next marriage and then a heartbreaking separation. So I definitely didn't expect the triangle to play out as it did.
Old 07-17-2018, 08:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Yeah, I was hoping/expecting all of those things, too. It was disappointing. But, in the end, I like the place where they left Mash - with Bash promising to come to Mary when she needs him the most. At least they tried to honor their bond.