Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-07-2014, 05:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

Official VA: FROSTBITE on Indiegogo Campaign! -- I Stand. You Stand. We all stand together. Support Frostbite today!

Quote:
Four years ago we embarked on a journey to bring Richelle Mead’s beloved series, “Vampire Academy,” to the big screen. Upon securing the rights we immediately came to YOU, the fans, with our hopes for this franchise. Creating and building a social media presence ended up being the best decision we ever made. Through the ups and downs of these last years, YOU have stood by us and for that we are forever thankful.

And now, here we are, back to square one. With over 360,000 film fans on our Facebook page and 47,000 Twitter followers - the one message we continue to receive is clear and simple: YOU WANT FROSTBITE.

Exhausting all our resources these past six months, we have successfully funded the majority of the second film. However, our financiers have made one request before we are officially green lit. They want to see a large enough fan interest to warrant their investment. And so, we turn to YOU, the self-proclaimed #VAFamily to make this a reality.

We are asking for our global fan base – US, Australia, Brazil, UK, Philippines, Mexico, Canada, Indonesia, India, Romania, Turkey, Greece, Germany, New Zealand, France, Czech Republic, Poland, Italy, Pakistan, Bulgaria, Sweden, Malaysia, Croatia, Argentina, Algeria, Egypt, Spain, Colombia, Peru, Chile, Morocco, Slovenia, Serbia, Thailand, South Africa, Russia, Hungary, Venezuela, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Ecuador, Singapore, Bosnia, Herzegovina and Netherlands (to name a few) – to help us continue Rose and Lissa’s story.

It has come to our attention that many of our fans never had the opportunity to see the first film in the theatre - and in fact, many of you are still waiting for the DVD to be released in your country. Therefore, our biggest concern moving forward is guaranteeing that YOU have access to the film. This is very important to us because we are asking you to put your faith in our team once more. Provided that our goal is met, we pledge to bring FROSTBITE directly to YOU via a digital download for those contributing $30 or over.

What we are asking for is nothing new. Other films have achieved their own personal goals and we know, with your help, so can we. When we look back at what you have accomplished – MTV Movie Brawl Finals, Teen Choice Award Nominations, etc – we know that when the #VAFamily sets their sights on a goal, they always reach it.

We need to raise 1.5 million to see Frostbite become a reality. If we raise more, it will only allow us to make an even better film for YOU.

Per the request of the fans for a true book to film adaptation, our screenwriter, Piers Ashworth ("St.Trinian's"), has delivered! Only by reaching our full goal amount will we move forward, but with your help we know we can bring Adrian, Eddie, Tasha, Janine and the rest of the VA characters to life once more.

We leave you with this thought…reaching our goal will not only green light FROSTBITE, it will bring us one step closer to SHADOW KISS!

-Your VA Producing Team

1. When will the movie be made?

Upon reaching our goal we will start pre-production at the end of the year with an early shoot plan for early 2015 - based on cast availability.

2. When will the movie be release?

Our goal is to release FROSTBITE the end of 2015. While we would like to have the film theatrically released, we can only promise at this point that backers above $30 will receive a digital copy of the film.

3. How will I get my digital download?

Once we reach our goal, we will work to ensure that the film reaches all of our global fans. Instructions on how to claim your download will be emailed when the time comes!

4. When will I receive my items?

The filmmakers do not receive the funds until we meet our goal, and because of that we cannot officially place any orders for the rewards until that happens. Once we are fully funded we will need to reach out to fans for t-shirt and hoodie sizes and in a few lucky cases – to arrange set visits! Basically, we will update the shipping schedule once we reach our goal.

5. What can I expect from being a Featured Extra?

Once we’ve confirmed our schedule and location we will get in contact with you. We anticipate a 6-week shoot in Europe or Australia– but this can change. Please note that travel and lodging is not included and you will need to get yourself to set. Hey, we just want to give you the FULL extra experience! As we said above in the risks and challenges, anything can happen on set and usually does – so while we can’t tell you exactly what to expect and who you will meet, we do promise you will leave exhausted, but happy!

6. I’m giving you my money – what if I have more questions?

Please feel free to email us at FrostbiteFilm@gmail.com with any questions or concerns. While we love hearing from ALL our fans, we will not be able to respond to any emails soliciting internships, job inquires or auditions at this time.

7. How do I receive my Digital Badge?

Once you make your contribution to our campaign (Thanks!), you will receive an official Thank You email (seriously, Thank you!) with instructions on how to download your badge.

** UPDATES WILL BE POSTED IN THIS THREAD**

SUPPORT VA:FROSTBITE!

Old 08-07-2014, 06:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

thanks for starting this.

I've been actually thinking about "donating" more money to the campaign, but then I wouldn't pick a package because I already have one but I really want to see the campaign get 1.5 million

i love you. ♡
Old 08-07-2014, 12:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thats a good idea. I might do that at some point.

Quote:
Due to Fan Demand, we will be introducing NEW PERKS this week. To start us off, we are going to make the St. Vladimir Hoodie available as a stand-alone item! Woohoo! At $75, this will include all shipping (domestic and international).

Got questions? We hope to answer the BIG one right now:

I’ve already contributed; can I just add the hoodie to my existing order?

Indiegogo does not allow for you to adjust your perks, as each contribution is processed individually. If this update has inspired some major changes on your end, you can contact us at FrostbiteFilm@gmail.com and we will do our best to accommodate everyone!

Stay cool #VAFamily…or rather, WARM!

PLEASE NOTE: The hoodie is NOT included in any other package except the VIP package and ABOVE. It is a special add-on. Thank you!

Last edited by Stay to the Lights; 08-07-2014 at 12:33 PM
Old 08-08-2014, 05:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

New perks,

Old 08-08-2014, 09:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

http://www.fanforum.com/f422/officia...oday-63129704/

i want to punch whoever wants zac efron,channing tatum and ian as adrain
~“With my sword and with my life, I vow to keep you safe, Penellaphe,” he spoke, voice deep and smooth, reminding me of rich, decadent chocolate. “From this moment until the last moment, I am yours.”~ Hawke & Poppy
icon: B ē tt ⓨ
Old 08-08-2014, 01:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

ugh me too, esp Ian. Like come on he's like in his late 30s.

i love you. ♡
Old 08-09-2014, 03:11 AM
Fan Forum Star

Some articles.
https://www.yahoo.com/movies/vampire...170579662.html

This is what the new screen writer has said:
Quote:
"I thought [the first movie] was a bit uneven … There was too much exposition," says Piers Ashworth, the screenwriter who’s been tapped to tackle Frostbite. “I read the second one, and it was immediately obvious to me that this was a completely different animal. There was a movie in here instantaneously. It didn’t require any exposition … it had genuine obstacles and a fantastic journey for the central characters.”

Quote:
While producers admit they don’t really know for sure why the first film failed – though they suspect that the success of The Lego Movie, Academy’s shifting release date, and a lack of focus on the storylines people wanted had a lot to do with it – they plan on putting as much in the fans’ hands as possible this time around. And that even includes casting for some of the new characters. Nayar teases that the part of Adrian Ivashkov – a royal vampire with unusual powers and an air of mystery – might be crowdsourced as well: “We might even throw it out to some of the fans to give us some suggestions,” he says.

They’re also promising to keep the script totally loyal to the book. “I wanted it to be as close to the tone of the book as absolutely possible,” Ashworth explains, also offering one way to solve the first film’s “exposition” problem. “I want to do it with no voiceover. … When you find out about characters and a new world, you want to discover it. You don’t want to be told it.”
Thanks to Veronica Mars, we may get a Vampire Academy sequel – Moviehole

"Vampire Academy" Film Team Launches $1.5M Indiegogo Campaign For Sequel "Frostbite" | Crowdfund Insider

IMO, with these crowd funding websites, there shouldn't be a time limit. If it takes a month or six months.
Old 08-09-2014, 10:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree with you, These Broken Stars, that there shouldn't be a time
limit-it takes as long as it takes. Some people who might otherwise contribute but
can't this month because of some big expense they might have, can't participate.
Whereas you give people more time, you'd get more money. Can the time limit
be changed or is that the rules of IndieGoGo?
Old 08-09-2014, 03:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

Exactly! I think it's great that they are doing a camping. But one month puts a lot of pressure. Yes, it worked for VM but that was different.

i love you. ♡
Old 08-09-2014, 07:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

This is a message from the new screen writer, hoping it helps bring in some donations;

Quote:
“Writing the screenplay for Frostbite made me realize just how perfect the story is for a movie. It is filled with action and emotion and incredible characters all of whom evolve through the story. I can’t wait to see Adrian’s onscreen introduction… not to mention Natasha and Eddie and Janine. But I think my favorite new character is Isaiah. In this film the Strigoi are really, really scary… and the worst of them, the most powerful, is Isaiah. Immeasurably strong and almost impossible to kill he’s the ultimate bad guy and the perfect opponent for Rose. Because of his existence (and his plan to eradicate the Moroi royal families) there is tension from the very first page. That gives the film an energy and a pace that will keep audiences (even those who have never read the books) on the edge of their seats until the very end.

We have to get this movie made. We have to meet Adrian and understand the new dimension he brings to the story. We have to experience the changes Rose undergoes as she battles the ultimate foe at the same time as coming to terms with her relationships (including the one with her mother). We have to see the battle of wills in the basement - and the surprise of Mia’s use of water magic to incapacitate Isaiah. We have to see the Strigoi for what they really are. Please help make that happen”.
It was different for VM. I think a lot of the VA fans are young and don't have a lot of money and might even need permission from their parents. With VM, I feel had an older and wider audience.

You don't compare the two.
Old 08-10-2014, 02:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
It was different for VM. I think a lot of the VA fans are young and don't have a lot of money and might even need permission from their parents. With VM, I feel had an older and wider audience.
yes, exactly. But with that said, someone did donate 10k.

Quote:
"Rose looks up. From her shocked expression we realize that the senior guardian – now stepping forward to address the assembly – is indeed Janine Hathaway…Rose’s mother.” – FROSTBITE script

This is going to be a game changer for Rose! What a fun role to cast! Rose has always kept her cool in the face of danger, bullies and boys, even The Strigoi(!) – but for the first time we will see Rose struggle to keep her composure.

Like Rose, her mother is small but mighty. When we first meet Janine, we won’t feel much maternal instinct from her – but as the stories develop and the mother/daughter relationship grows, we will need to see through the tough cracks of her exterior to discover her huge heart. We need to find someone who’s physically fit and willing to put in some serious fight training so that she can go blow-to-blow with Rose.

- Marci Liroff

*We kindly request that any messages or casting suggestions for Marci be left in the Comment sections or OVAM social media channels. Thank you!*

i love you. ♡
Old 08-10-2014, 07:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

I love that! We're past 150K.

Old 08-11-2014, 12:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

Aww, great news! I hope that will boost the campaign a lot!

OMG! There really was a person that donated $10,000??? Wow, that's stunning!
Old 08-11-2014, 03:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

I hope so too!!

I know! That's crazy

i love you. ♡
Old 08-11-2014, 06:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

We're on 157K, almost to 160K. Sami's takeover must have helped.

SO according to them, if we can get close to 1M by the deadline, they could extend it. Fingers crossed.

Last edited by Stay to the Lights; 08-11-2014 at 06:47 PM