Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2015, 07:41 PM
Elite Fan

Board Customization!

Hi everyone ,

The Fan Forum Graphics Team is in the process of (re)customizing message boards and now it's your turn!

If you have any picture or color suggestions please post them in this thread. Don't post (hotlink) the pictures, links to them are fine. Make sure that the pictures are of as high quality as possible and that the top of the head of the person in the picture isn't cropped off. We also like to use photoshoot images when possible, preferably individual pictures of each cast member. When suggesting colours please keep in mind that some colors will work better than others. The Team usually tries to avoid really vibrant and dark colours because we have found in the past that they are hard to look at for long periods of time.

Everyone is encouraged to voice their opinions for this as you are the ones who will be posting on the board and we hope to make as many people happy with the finished result as possible. It does not matter if you are a board moderator, regular poster, or casual poster here. If you have a suggestion, please share it here with us .

Your suggestions for possible pictures and colors will be taken into serious consideration, but in the interest of seeing every board receive the best customized look possible the final decision concerning how this board will be customized will be made by the members of the Graphics Team. This is because we want to make sure that the selected graphic and colours fit into the overall design scheme that we've established for Fan Forum.

For a full explanation of the message board customization process, see this thread. If you have any questions, please feel free to send Rae or Mel a PM or ask the Team on the message board customization thread.

Please leave this topped until a week or so after the board has been (re)customized.

Note: It usually takes less than two weeks for us to finish making the new banner and the sooner we know what you want, the more we can work on it (though it can take a few months or so to set it up with the new colours on the board), so please let us know your suggestions as soon as possible.

When the Team have made and voted on a winning graphic I will close this thread until the graphic and colors get put up. It will then be re-opened so that you can share your thoughts about it.

Rae and Mel
Old 04-07-2015, 08:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

Oh this is exciting!
Old 04-07-2015, 08:41 PM
Elite Fan

Do you have any colour and/or picture suggestions?
Old 04-08-2015, 12:29 AM
Fan Forum Star

awesome news thanks

I love you
it's ruining my life
{}
Old 04-08-2015, 04:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

thanks for getting this up Rae
(I'm so going to be a pain in the ass about this :lmao.)

But okay..colors...I really like the color scheme over at the Beauty and the Beast board or the ones over at the Merlin board.

maybe something like this?

As for the pictures I don't know if we should go with using the actors or the different symbols (like the game of thrones board). But if we do want to use the characters/actors then I think that the main four should be in it. Rose, Lissa, Christian, and Dimitri. Rose and Lissa being the main ones. But gosh the quality and the coloring of the photos is awful so have fun

Some here of Rose, Lissa, and Christian

Christian
Lissa
Dimitri
Rose

But if we do end up wanting to use only symbols then here's some pictures of them:

Spirit
Water
Earth
Fire
Air

(I'd say that these are important but what does everyone else think?)

we also have these picture thingy that has all the important symbols for both VA and Bloodlines

http://www.booknerdreviews.com/images/tattoos/va/02.jpg
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...80449b6860.jpg

And there's also this lovely picture that explains all the different symbols

i love you. ♡
Old 04-08-2015, 05:11 AM
Fan Forum Star

I agree that it should just be the main four. They're the most consistent over the entire book series.

I love the whole symbols thing also since they are very important., so I'm cool with whichever you guys decide.

As for the colours. I like those. But we don't want it to be depressing either. But we need to stay away from GREEN Or even colours that would symbolize the elements?
Old 04-08-2015, 05:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

When it comes to colors I'm okay with most unless it's like dark colors. But if we don't want the board to be a shade of beige/brown..maybe something like the Nina board? Because that one has very soft colors.

found this random palette any colors you like?

How do you feel about combining both characters with some of the symbols?

Also ...the font.

Quote:
But we need to stay away from GREEN

ETA:

Ohh how about the colors we have over at the M5 board?

http://www.fanforum.com/f197/

i love you. ♡
Old 04-08-2015, 05:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

Oh no you didn't

Yeah I like those colours at the M5 board.

brandy rose, heh. Rose

Yeah, I think if we can combine both symbols and characters would be perfect.
Old 04-08-2015, 06:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Yeah, I think if we can combine both symbols and characters would be perfect.
Yes I think so too Would be really cool.

If we want to use a color scheme from one of the elements then maybe between spirit and water? Because earth is green, and fire might be too dark? If we don't chose a color scheme like the Nina board. And then air is too boring because that's just gray

i love you. ♡
Old 04-08-2015, 07:21 AM
Fan Forum Star

I love the colours on Nina's board

Spirit seem to be a mix of all colours?
Old 04-08-2015, 08:24 AM
Fan Forum Star

maybe a lighter shade of this color?

but yes, the colors on the Nina board are great

i love you. ♡
Old 04-08-2015, 08:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, I guess that could work.
Old 04-08-2015, 08:32 AM
Fan Forum Star

actually now that I think about it the Nina colors would be perfect for the board.

like maybe the first or second color here?

or one of these?

i love you. ♡
Old 04-08-2015, 08:34 AM
Fan Forum Star

I like the 2nd in the top one.

And maybe the 3rd in the second lot? I really like these colours better.
Old 04-08-2015, 08:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

So I made a thing with four of our favs. (well some are individual favs)

The first one is the 3rd one in the second palette. The second one is the 2nd one from the first palette. The third one is the color scheme from the Merlin board, and the last one is the color scheme for Nina's board.

i love you. ♡