Friday, April 22, 2016 ~ 9:00 PM E/P

~~~~~

~~ Welcome to the Discussion! ~~
Episode 5x18: "Good to the Bone"
~~~

Preview:

Quote:
#5.18, "Good to the Bone" ~ Written by Martin Weiss, Directed by Peter Werner
Friday, April 22, 2016 - 9:00 PM E/P ~ A WESEN WITH A TERRIFYING APPETITE TERRORIZES PORTLAND - SHARON LEAL GUEST STARS - When a man is found dead with all of the bones in his body seemingly liquefied and removed, Nick and Hank find themselves in the middle of a gruesome family arrangement. Meanwhile, Wu deals with a crisis of his own and Hank reunites with his old flame, Zuri (guest star Sharon Leal).
Title card:

""

Episode Stills

See "The Book of Grimm" thread (Board Guide) OP for a list of previous episode discussions.

New! Benedict Cumberbatch Forum

~Sherry | avi by ~ Jis_Bon ~

Last edited by Lutesse; 04-28-2016 at 06:58 AM
Lutesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 07:00 AM
Master Fan

Happy Grimm Friday everyone!

Archie Andrews &Veronica Lodge
~Riverdale~
icon:Alexa|
Name:Marah
Rickylious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 07:31 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks, Marah! You too!

Old 04-22-2016, 02:19 PM
MST Manager

Happy GRIMM Friday, everyone! Enjoy the episode tonight.
Old 04-22-2016, 09:24 PM
Master Fan

Really great episode of Grimm tonight! I kind of liked the Wesen of the week story arc. The son was doing all the killing just to feed his parents. I can't believe they were eating him at the end .

Poor Wu is having it hard in this episode. What was that he coughed up? It was disgusting. We saw him woge for the first time.

Yes, Hank finally is getting some loving. I actually like her and was* happy to see a familiar face. It was nice of her to cook for him. Her home is decent. I'm liking the chemistry between her and Hank, always have.

I loved seeing Auntie Rosalee with Kelly . She really loves the little guy. She's good with him. I'm glad Adalind trusts her enough to leave her and Nick's son in her care. Adalind need to listen to Rosalee and tell Nick about her returning hexenbiest powers.

Where the hell is Meisner and Trubel? Seems like Eve is the only one running HW these days. I miss these guys. I need to see more of them in the fight against BC.

And how many wigs do Eve have? She has more wigs than my Grandma

I loved the scenes with baby Kelly, he's adorable.

I also loved the scenes between Nick and Adalind.

Renard is a dirty dog for kidnapping Adalind. I don't like the fact that he's calling all the shots when it comes to their daughter. He's definitely working with BC. I was here for the murderous glare that Adalind gave him. He's totally using Diana in order to get Adalind away from Nick and the Scooby gang to come over to Black Claw's side. I don't trust him.

~Riverdale~
Old 04-23-2016, 04:12 AM
Part-Time Fan

This Wesen of the week was disgusting even though I know that is what real birds do except with worms and to their children. I liked Wu werewolf form and hope to see it some more. I felt bad for the guy who was doing the killings and then to only be eaten in the end by the parents. I am actually getting bored with the whole Adalind won't tell Nick thing. Now she is covering up that she was going to meet Renard again when Nick ask her to tell him the next time he calls. I love the Eve and Rosalee scene and hope we get more of them.
Hookified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 05:11 AM
Master Fan

I see Rosalee wasn't fooled by Jules Eve act, smart girl.

I still can't get over the Wesen of the week story arc

~Riverdale~

Last edited by Rickylious; 04-23-2016 at 06:47 AM
Old 04-23-2016, 09:03 AM
Extreme Fan

Those wesen of the week are seriously getting creepier and more disgusting as we close off the season.
rpmaluki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 09:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

I loved the episode! The WotW was one of Grimm's grossest, and it's actually based on a real bird: the Bearded Vulture (Gypaetus barbatus), aka the Bone-eating bird, also called lammergeier or ossifrage (bone-breaker).

It seemed pretty awful that Charlie's parents consumed his bones in the end; but like they said, why let it go to waste? He was just laying there dead anyway, as broken up as his previous victims.

I'm confused that Monroe wasn't aware of Nick and Hank searching for Wu. He fell asleep laying there waiting to be attacked? Seems pretty odd for a Blutbad.
I wonder if we might be seeing a side-effect of the Stick cure, and this will be re-visited in a later episode.
Setting him up as the "victim" and Rosalee being so unconcerned and willing to let him do it .. well, that makes it seem more significant, right?

Browsing around the web this morning, there seems to be a consensus that Zuri is working for BC, and it does seem pretty suspicious. Grocery shopping in Hank's neighborhood store? Asking Hank so many questions about Nick?
I wouldn't be surprised if her brother is in trouble again and she's being blackmailed.

No secret I obviously hated the seduction scene between Adalind and Nick. Since she's fully back to being a Hexenbiest, and Nick knows it, he would seem to be taking a big chance of losing his Grimm again.
But as usual, the writers have conveniently ret-conned their own established criteria. like this burns me up.

OTOH, I loved the little conversation between Rosalee and Eve; but I don't yet think that Juliette is emerging and still has feelings for Nick.
Eve wants him working with HW; however, Adalind's connection to Renard (and his to BC) is complicating that.
And now, Eve knows that Diana's guardians have been killed and she was taken by BC. With her spidey-sense, she'll soon realize the child is in town, and why.

I'm hoping to see a healthy Meisner and Trubel team return to Portland next week. Eve needs some backup, baby.

Old 04-23-2016, 09:25 AM
Extreme Fan

I think Nick lost his powers originally because of the spells Adalind did. The first to make herself look like Juliette and the second to steal his powers, she mixed the two together. That's why Renard tried to get the antidote potion to Nick, which was made from the same stuff Adalind used. The side effect of the Grimm thievery spell was that they exchanged sights for a short time soon after. Nick even thought he was going blind or something. We haven't seen anything remotely the same with Eve after she used the look alike spell and slept with Rachel, because Eve wasn't trying to steel Rachel's wesen ability or whatever. Eve didn't even intend to have sex with her, she would have known about the after effects if it was anything like what Adalind did to Nick.

Adalind's powers, although suppressed, hadn't actually gone away and they have been sleeping together almost all season, so clearly sex with a hexenbiest doesn't steal a Grimm's sight. It's not a retcon. They didn't exclusively say sleeping with a hexenbiest steals powers.

Last edited by rpmaluki; 04-23-2016 at 09:33 AM
Old 04-23-2016, 10:10 AM
Part-Time Fan

Of course sleeping with a hexenbeist doesn't steal Nick powers. If you remember back in season 4 that Viktor told Adalind how to do it. Adalind had to make Nick drink her blood the same way he made her drink his.
Hookified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 10:18 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmaluki (View Post)
Those wesen of the week are seriously getting creepier and more disgusting as we close off the season.
I know, riding over people was just sick .

And damn Renard for putting my Nadalind family in danger. At least Nick now knows he's been contacting Adalind behind his back. Nick also know that Renard is going to use Diana to get Adalind somehow.

~Riverdale~

Last edited by Rickylious; 04-23-2016 at 10:24 AM
Old 04-23-2016, 10:19 AM
Extreme Fan

I remember the conversation with Viktor. So Nick somehow tasted Adalind's blood, that is what took his powers away? I don't remember the specifics of that episode. If that is true, we know Adalind is now immune to Grimm blood, does that mean Nick is immune to hexenbiest blood?
Old 04-23-2016, 12:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

My understanding is that it's the exchange of body fluids between a Hexenbiest and a Grimm that neutralizes each other. Blood is one body fluid, but there are others.

Adalind's potion was made of Juliette's genetic material so that she could look like her and make Nick think he was having sex with Juliette. Because he wouldn't have consented to have sex with Adalind.
Presumably, if Nick could've ingested some of the potion, it would've cancelled Adalind's spell.

Old 04-23-2016, 12:36 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookified (View Post)
This Wesen of the week was disgusting even though I know that is what real birds do except with worms and to their children. I liked Wu werewolf form and hope to see it some more. I felt bad for the guy who was doing the killings and then to only be eaten in the end by the parents. I am actually getting bored with the whole Adalind won't tell Nick thing. Now she is covering up that she was going to meet Renard again when Nick ask her to tell him the next time he calls. I love the Eve and Rosalee scene and hope we get more of them.
I don't think Adalind had time to tell Nick about the meeting with Renard since it all happened within a few hours. She got the call, dropped off Kelly and went out. I assume she would have told him when he got home that night.

Agree about the ween of the week.
NYPoster is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread