Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2016, 10:00 AM
Fan Forum Star

Grimm Episode Discussion: 5x10, "Map of the Seven Knights" ~ Air Date February 19, 2016

....Season 5.....

Friday, February 19, 2016 ~ 9:00 PM E/P

~~~~~

~~ Welcome to the Discussion! ~~
Episode 5x10: "Map of the Seven Knights"
~~~

Preview:

Quote:
#5.10: "Map of the Seven Knights" ~ Written by Jim Kouf; Directed by Aaron Lipstadt
Friday, February 19, 2016 - 9:00 PM E/P ~ MONROE GETS A CALL THAT WILL LEAD NICK TO AN INCREDIBLE DISCOVERY - JACQUELINE TOBONI AND DAMIEN PUCKLER GUEST STAR
Monroe gets a call from a relative in Germany that will bring Nick closer to his ancestors. Things get complicated when the nefarious group Black Claw is also after the same artifacts. Elsewhere, Capt. Renard helps a mayoral candidate get an edge on his opponent. Meanwhile, Trubel confronts Eve about Nick and Adalind.
Title card:

""

Episode Stills

See "The Book of Grimm" thread (Board Guide) OP for a list of previous episode discussions.

New! Benedict Cumberbatch Forum

~Sherry | avi by ~ Jis_Bon ~

Last edited by Lutesse; 03-03-2016 at 07:07 AM
Lutesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 12:01 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Rachel Bilson

Thanks Sherry!

~"She isn't just some girl. Not to me." -Cappie
~"Because for some odd reason, you are the one she is supposed to be with. It's the end of the world Cappie, what are you going to do?" - Ashleigh
Cadenf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 09:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

My pleasure!

Old 02-19-2016, 08:14 PM
Part-Time Fan

I like this episode. It was great for Monroe and Eve to meet but Rosalee should have been there too. When Monroe had said you killed my uncle, I thought he would have follow up with prepare to die. I know that shows have inconsistencies but this was one of the worse for me. How can they have three more keys giving them five altogether when Renard said in season 2, I think, that the royals have four of the keys. I also did not like the Trubel/Eve scene, like seriously, after all the time they spent together they have not spoken about that night yet. I fill like that was a filler scene.
Hookified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 09:26 PM
Master Fan

I have to say I rather enjoyed the episode tonight, especially because we had a lot of Monroe and Rosalee scenes, Nick and Adalind &Scooby gang interactions, and the freaking keys are back. I definitely think Renard is going to in up running as he nailed those questions they asked him and he's not afraid to play dirty. The HW seem okay but I still don't trust them fully. I need more information on black claw, I went to know their story.

Archie Andrews &Veronica Lodge
~Riverdale~
icon:Alexa|
Name:Marah
Rickylious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 03:35 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookified (View Post)
How can they have three more keys giving them five altogether when Renard said in season 2, I think, that the royals have four of the keys. I also did not like the Trubel/Eve scene, like seriously, after all the time they spent together they have not spoken about that night yet. I fill like that was a filler scene.
Renard told Nick in season 2 the main story behind the keys. How was he to know that this Czech Grimm managed to get three from three of the families? He could've stolen them or got them through other means. You can only tell what you know. Also, don't forget that Rolek Porter had a key for generations that he always kept safe. So, how did his ancestors keep it from the Royals? I think they might look into this further before heading to the Schwarzwald region of Germany. I lived in that region as a kid in the city of Lahr because Canada had a military base there at the time. It closed in 1994 though Anyways, its a beautiful region and I think the Scoobies are going to have fun.

I like how Nick found the Grimm family tree and could trace his lineage back to his ancestor from the crusades and the name had always been Kessler.
bwm30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 09:32 AM
Fan Forum Star

The 3 keys they found does appear to be an inconsistency on the writers' part - we were surprised, too - but, as Brian said, Renard didn't necessarily have the whole story.
I'm hoping he'll explain his mistake in the next episode, "Key Move."

And ITA that the brief Trubel/Eve scene was silly. It sure didn't seem like the advertised "confrontation."
(But Eve's "mental pushups" was pretty cool! )

Monroe had to take out both Anubis. Nick was worthless against them. What a pathetic Grimm he has become .. they shoulda sent Trubel.

I am also fed up with Rosalee saying nasty things about Juliette. How easily they have all forgotten their roles in making her that bitter thing who burned the trailer and betrayed Kelly.

It's a shame that NBC schedules a break just when the show gets a little momentum going (next ep is March 04). Not good for our ratings.

Old 02-20-2016, 12:46 PM
Master Fan

A liked Eve's pushups too, wondering how many sets of Grimm books are out there
~Janice~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 03:41 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lutesse (View Post)
It's a shame that NBC schedules a break just when the show gets a little momentum going (next ep is March 04). Not good for our ratings.
I've yet to see this episode (tonight's the night) so I'm scarely scanning everyone's posts. However, this stood out .
WTF another hiatus?

I agree that it is not good for ratings. Maybe TPTB consider the show too expensive and are trying to put an end to it.

Harumpf.

ETA: Sunday morning

It was a frustrating episode to watch because I immediately like Uncle Feliks, his small tirade about the importance of the written word just made me love him even more. Then his wunderbar book shop was trashed, then he was killed by those filthy skin headed jackals. The skin headed apprearance made me think of the present day skin heads and their Nazi connection.

Headquarters of Hadrian's Wall is so austere and Trubel's immersion still does not sit well with me. She's such a super grimm now. I want her back to being a student of Nick's not a semi teacher to him.

Neisner. We've got to find out what he is before any decision is made what HW is. With the mention of "government run" there is always a slight hesitation before a character says government. I am wondering what government means now. Royals were a governing body. IDK Whatever Meisner is, he sure has control on it and in much the same way as Renard. Maybe they will be brothers with a Royal connection and in the end he will become the "new world order" king.

I like how Monroe spit out the blood in his mouth after killing those skin heads.

I finally really liked the episode once the Scoobies started to dive into that trunk of Uncle Feliks. I'm an intermediate genealogist and this was what I always salivate for, stuff like was in the trunk. My husband tells me in a whisper "They're doing genealogy". He's sweet.

I barely remember the previous stories concerning the keys. Dear Sherry, could you post a little synopsis of the key story if you can? Don't go through too much trouble, only if it is easily found. Thanks

Last edited by Mysterious Island Girl; 02-21-2016 at 05:19 AM
Mysterious Island Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 06:48 AM
Addicted Fan

Loved Blutbad Monroe
Really enjoyed the scenes at the Fome
Intrigued that the keys are back in play
Happy they got a new set of books and weapons.
NYPoster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 07:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the comments!

Quote:
I barely remember the previous stories concerning the keys. Dear Sherry, could you post a little synopsis of the key story if you can? Don't go through too much trouble, only if it is easily found. Thanks
Patty, this Grimm Wikia / Seven Keys article discusses what is known about the Keys, but notice that it will have to be revised in light of the 3 keys found in the trunk's lock.
Previously, as mentioned above, Renard stated that the Royals had 4 of the keys - which, added to Nick's 2, would've left only 1 key still missing.

Quote:
Happy they got a new set of books and weapons.
NYPoster - Fans have been so sad and angry about the loss of the Trailer's contents, perhaps the producers hoped to end the outrage by offering the new Trunk.

Last edited by Lutesse; 02-21-2016 at 07:38 AM
Old 02-21-2016, 07:41 AM
Passionate Fan

Thank you so much, Sher.
Mysterious Island Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 07:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

You're welcome, dear

Old 02-21-2016, 08:47 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Rachel Bilson

I Loved this episode. I finally feel like we are going back to the early times of Grimm!

~"She isn't just some girl. Not to me." -Cappie
~"Because for some odd reason, you are the one she is supposed to be with. It's the end of the world Cappie, what are you going to do?" - Ashleigh
Cadenf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 08:57 AM
Master Fan

Too bad Monroe's uncle had to die
~Janice~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread