Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-25-2006, 10:29 PM
Master Fan

Episode 11.9 "Thanks and Giving" Discussion Thread

Thanks and Giving
When Ruthie (Mackenzie Rosman) makes an inappropriate comment at the airport on the way home from Scotland, airport security takes Eric (Stephen Collins), Annie (Catherine Hicks) and Ruthie in for questioning.

Meanwhile, as a favor to his best friend Martin (Tyler Hoechlin, who does not appear in the episode), Mac (guest star Kyle Searles) pays a visit to Sandy (Haylie Duff) to find out whether she is still interested in Simon. Lucy (Beverley Mitchell) does her best to stay positive about Eric's condition, while those around her are terrified of losing him.

TVsodes.com- a TV episode review blog for fans by fan. - One Tree Hill, Secret Life of the American Teenager, Gossip Girl, Project Runway, and more. NOW WITH PODCAST
Old 11-26-2006, 07:09 PM
Elite Fan

Wasn't this kind of a rehash of the episode where Lucy met Kevin?

That being said, I enjoyed all the scenes between Eric and Annie, especially the ending with them in bed, it was sweet.

I really don't like the newbies, especially the red headed one, the actress is just bad and we could have done without her singing at the end.

Next episode looks cheesy and I'll be upset if they "cure" Eric like some Christmas miracle. Let's stick with reality, not everyone gets the happy ending.
Old 11-26-2006, 09:00 PM
Master Fan

How did Eric dying and Ruthie coming home from Scotland turn into a September 11th episode? Tell me that, please. I cannot take this show when they do this! They start preaching about it like we forgot and we have to remember this second. No, Reverend Camden would not have been in the World Trade Center! He's a minister from suburban California!
This gets me so mad. As someone who dealt with it firsthand, I am continually appauled at how they love to throw that in random episodes. If I ever run into Brenda Hampton, this would be my chief complaint.

TVsodes.com- a TV episode review blog for fans by fan. - One Tree Hill, Secret Life of the American Teenager, Gossip Girl, Project Runway, and more. NOW WITH PODCAST
Old 11-26-2006, 10:02 PM
Part-Time Fan

I think that Ruthie is being a brat!!! I just finished watching this episode...so cute....i love the teenagers they took in...there good kids...if rev passes away im so gonna cry.....
Old 11-26-2006, 10:05 PM
Part-Time Fan

Oh can I say i want Martin and ruthie together, and sandy and simon...anyone else agree....

althoughif martin keeps pushing sandy and mac together, they are gonna hook up...
Old 11-27-2006, 04:44 PM
Master Fan

I'm thinking the same thing about Sandy and Mac. Looks like a new ship is on the horizon!

Old 11-27-2006, 05:21 PM
Elite Fan

What about Mac/Martin? The slash fan in me thinks they're be so darn pretty together, lol.

Kim, I agree that the constant mentions of war and 9/11 tend to get on my nerves. It makes me curious if Brenda lost someone that day and thus she tries to keep their memory alive that way or something.
Old 12-02-2006, 12:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I watched some of ep 9 clips and I thought the airport talk was odd, it was mostly about 9/11 and I also think Ruthie's a bit of a Mary now
Old 12-02-2006, 08:27 AM
Master Fan

I'm a little (even maybe a lot) late on 7th heaven episodes, so could anyone tell me if lucy still doesn't want to have kids or has she changed her mind?
And what is it that's wrong with Eric?
Old 12-02-2006, 08:35 AM
Master Fan

Lucy recently decided a few eps ago that she does want to try and have more kids.

Eric has an enlarged heart and is only supposed to live for one year.

Old 12-03-2006, 11:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Lucy did lose a baby, didn't she

I get this will be the last season of 7th heaven if they're killing off Eric