Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-24-2006, 04:09 PM
Loyal Fan

Episode 11.1 "Turn, Turn, Turn" Discussion Thread :)

In the eleventh season premiere, changes are abound for a shrinking Camden family in Glen Oak. Ruthie (Mackenzie Rosman does not appear in this episode) is away on a student exchange program in Sweden for the time being. Having lost her pregnancy over the summer, an emotionally unstable Lucy convinces Eric to let her deliver the Sunday sermon, but she ends up publicly blaming Kevin and everyone in her family for what happened.

Also, Martin (Tyler Hoechlin) returns back on the scene and is very protective of Sandy and the baby when she brings company home. Martin expresses his romantic intentions to Sandy (Haylie Duff), who may still have feelings for Simon (David Gallagher, who doesn't appear in the episode), and tells her that he wants to spend more time with her and their infant son.

Sandy decides that she wants to join seminary school, which upsets Lucy who feels like Sandy is intruding on her turf. Jewel makes a cameo as the Camden's neighbor whose voice lulls Savannah (Alyssa & Hannah Yadrick) to sleep every night.

Last edited by robinepowell; 09-26-2006 at 05:11 PM
Old 09-24-2006, 04:10 PM
Loyal Fan

I got this from TV.com, since CW doesn't have an episode summary up yet. If there's one tomorrow, I'll replace my orignal one.

Watched this episode and enjoyed it. Felt bad that Lucy took her anger and fustrations out on her family.
Old 09-25-2006, 11:36 AM
Banned

So I'm guessing the Lucy is a big drama queen in this episode.
Old 09-25-2006, 05:22 PM
Supreme Fan

Not really liking the episode so far....I was expecting better.

Old 09-25-2006, 06:18 PM
Master Fan

It was ok but I can't believe lucy lost her twins that makes me sad
Old 09-25-2006, 06:35 PM
Master Fan

Most boring season premier ever. Everyone was gone so they had nothing to do.

Martin...Tyler, whatever, needs to shave.

Bev did a good job with the material, better than usual in my opinion. Too bad the scenes sucked in general. She had all this emotion yet I felt nothing. They needed to make a bigger deal out of this if they wanted it to have any imapct. When Simon hit that kid on the bike it made a much bigger thud.

TVsodes.com- a TV episode review blog for fans by fan. - One Tree Hill, Secret Life of the American Teenager, Gossip Girl, Project Runway, and more. NOW WITH PODCAST
Old 09-25-2006, 06:41 PM
Master Fan

I agree. Very boring season premiere. I didn't find it very interesting and a big drop from last season. Most definitely because most of the main family members were not there (and I miss Ruthie).

I feel bad for Lucy losing her twins but she was being very irrational and I also feel that the writer's could have done her grieving in a better way.
Old 09-25-2006, 06:50 PM
Master Fan

Is Ruthie ever coming back? Or will she be like Matt and Simon, who only come for a couple of episodes each season?

Anyhoo, the premiere sucked.
Old 09-25-2006, 08:08 PM
Part-Time Fan

I hate to say this but watching the show tonight was painful. It was badly written with hardly no storyline. I feel bad for the actors and the memory of the show in general. I kept my opinions to myself about the fact that it was picked up for an 11th season. I had hopes that they would turn things around, but if tonights episode is any indication, that was only a dream... RIP 7th Heaven, in my eyes it ended last season!
Old 09-25-2006, 09:58 PM
Elite Fan

very boring. I did think the Kevin and Lucy scene was very good at the end. BM did some really good acting

I remember when this show was entertaining and use to be funny, but not in the annoying way, but the dialogue. I loved when the kids were younger and the family was together. It hasn't been the same in years. I don't know why it was picked up

KH asked about kissing her ex (JJ) in front of the cameras all day:

"Maybe there's a hint of realism?"
Old 09-25-2006, 11:08 PM
Master Fan

b/c everyone was mad and complaining that it was ending so they said one more season and some of the actors had already made plans to do other stuff and couldn't sign for another season on such short notice ( that's what I think)
Old 09-26-2006, 04:12 AM
Master Fan

The episode was ok, but not what I expected at all, not for a season premiere. They never even told you what happened to Lucy's babies, did she miscarry? Were they stillborn? Everyone was like the same pregnant at the end of the last season, but Matt and Mary's twins are good. I was a little confused.
Old 09-26-2006, 05:29 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTVFanatic (View Post)
It was badly written with hardly no storyline.
That's it exactly! There was no storyline to the episode at all. Lucy didn't have her twins and was angry- but there was nothing to that. Martin and Sandy were a poor B story. We were missing our C plot to take the attention away from how bad the A and the A-side stuff was.

~Unfaithful~- Lucy was supposed to have miscarried.

TVsodes.com- a TV episode review blog for fans by fan. - One Tree Hill, Secret Life of the American Teenager, Gossip Girl, Project Runway, and more. NOW WITH PODCAST
Old 09-26-2006, 09:27 AM
Loyal Fan

Nothing about this episode made me excited for next week, let alone the rest of the season. There was nothing special, or earth shattering. They should have just ended it with last season.
Old 09-26-2006, 11:28 AM
Master Fan

It was just an overall bad episode. There really wasn't any redemeeing qualities about it. I really wish it was better.