Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-30-2006, 04:05 PM
Loyal Fan

Episode 10.21 "Goodbye... (1)" Discussion Thread

Goodbye

fresh Monday, May 1 8/7c

With Simon's wedding just a day away, the Camdens reminisce about simpler days when the children were little (in flashback sequences from the series' pilot episode). Meanwhile, in the present, Rose (Sarah Thompson) tells Simon (David Gallagher) that she may be pregnant, leaving Simon more conflicted than ever about their upcoming marriage. At the dress rehearsal, Eric (Stephen Collins) and Annie (Catherine Hicks) talk to Rose's parents, who both think that Rose may be lying about the pregnancy to make sure Simon goes through with the wedding. Lucy (Beverley Mitchell) and Kevin (George Stults) find out the sex of their second baby but decide to keep it a secret until after the wedding. Ruthie meets Paul (guest star Max Roeg), a boy from Scotland who asks her out on a date. Nikolas Brino and Lorenzo Brino also star.

The episode was directed by Michael Preece and written by Brenda Hampton.
Old 05-01-2006, 05:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

I am totally loving the flashbacks. However, it's so sad that it's ending!
Old 05-01-2006, 05:38 PM
Master Fan

I am so sad right now! I feel like crying! I'm going to miss this show so much!

TVsodes.com- a TV episode review blog for fans by fan. - One Tree Hill, Secret Life of the American Teenager, Gossip Girl, Project Runway, and more. NOW WITH PODCAST
Old 05-01-2006, 06:05 PM
Elite Fan

Ugh! Can they not even make a decent finale? Seriously they were on the right track until about mid way through and then it because a steaming pile of crap with the creepy Scottish kid with the fake accent and insta-love and Rose's very odd parents.

So glad there is only one more episode, kill it please!
Old 05-01-2006, 06:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

Ooh. Mary is coming back... in the last episode. Too bad she didn't come sooner! It's nice to see her back, including Matt, as well! I can't wait! I'm so excitied.

Weren't they so adorable back then?!
Old 05-01-2006, 06:13 PM
Master Fan

That Scottish guy gets me angry. Is there a reason for him? Not that I can see, unless if it's to squash Ruthin. Or build it up. We'll see.

I liked Rose's parents. I've always liked Rose a bit. They seem more real than the Camdens. Not that real people would say the thigns they did, but they'd think it. When the Camdens are next to people like that, you see how unrealistic and idealistic they write them to be.

I was happy that Brenda was the only writer on this episode. Even if it wasn't that good. If anyone else was credited I'd have been mad.

On the will they or won't they front, I'm torn on both fronts: what I think will happen and what I want to happen. I think they will get married, but then I don't because they've still strung it out this long that they might not. Why bother with that just to drop it? But then again, that is the 7H way, isn't it? As for what I want, I don't want Simon to end up with Rose. I've grown to like her more, but they don't mesh at all. If she's not pregnant (which it seems they are leading you to believe she's not really) then I hope Simon runs. But, on the other hand, it would be a nice way to wrap up Simon and send him off into the Happily Ever Sunset of finale fame. We'll see.

One question though. Why did Ruthie still that kid's marker? And wasn't that a permanent marker?

TVsodes.com- a TV episode review blog for fans by fan. - One Tree Hill, Secret Life of the American Teenager, Gossip Girl, Project Runway, and more. NOW WITH PODCAST
Old 05-01-2006, 09:12 PM
Loyal Fan

haha

well i liked this episode sorta...I mean the flashbacks were cute and it made me realize how much we have watched all of the kids grow up in the past 10 years/. I think if we have one more season lets tackle Annie on that drinking problem of hers

Anyways could they not have thrown in something different about rose like oh i don't know maybe NOT being pregnant...that's all this season pretty much was pregnancy, pregnancy and more pretnancy and believe me if the series finale spoilers are true and this show goes on for another year then GAG me because someone needs to hurt Brenda...

those twins FINALLY spoke words other than "me too" and for once in their life they finally didn't copy each other...plus i think they need hair cuts

sigh...i'm going to miss looking at George's face every monday but he's been holding me back from the gym so I guess I am not as sad as I should be ;-)

anyways this weekend I'm buying some more tissues because I'll be crying like a baby and then watch my luck they'll go "oh let's renew one more season" and then I'll have to stop crying and then start up all over again.

I give this a 7/10

btw the creepy scottish guy just ruined everything...couldn't she have met him at school or even a fricking accelerated high school class or something?
Old 05-01-2006, 09:14 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykayelle

One question though. Why did Ruthie still that kid's marker? And wasn't that a permanent marker?
I think there will be two little boys "next Monday" with a mustache on their face still.

Anyone think that the reason that Lucy and Kevin were so excited is because they are having twins? They didn't seem to care to much either way what sex the baby was, and certainly not enough to have been excited as they were. If the show weren't ending, I don't think they would have written that in, but since it is, I think it's a big possibility. We will see...
Old 05-02-2006, 07:56 AM
Loyal Fan

I wish Mary and Matt would have been in last nights part too. I think next weeks final episode is going to feel so rushed. They should have been allowed to do a special 2-hour final episode next week. It's just going to feel too rushed!
Old 05-02-2006, 09:03 AM
Master Fan

It's amazing to see how bad the show has gotten via the flashbacks. In season 1 this show was great. Now, not so much.

Come on CW or whoever is going to make this decision. Let this show die already. Think of it as coming full circle. It started when the WB did so it'll end right along with WB.
Old 05-02-2006, 10:03 AM
Master Fan

The thing that realy ruined it for me was that they didn't vary the flashbacks. They were all from the premier! They could have taken stuff from throughout the years; it would have made it better and allowed them to vary the storylines a bit instead of just repeating everything.

Old 05-02-2006, 04:01 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlguide
I wish Mary and Matt would have been in last nights part too. I think next weeks final episode is going to feel so rushed. They should have been allowed to do a special 2-hour final episode next week. It's just going to feel too rushed!
I couldn't agree more girlguide. Next week will feel rushed, like we don't get enough time with the whole family together before it ends!
Old 05-02-2006, 04:04 PM
Elite Fan

Ewww the creepiest part was how Eric knew literally everything about Ruthie's choice in tampons. Just ewww. If my father ever recited my brand and everything, I would curl up into a bawl and weep for fear.

I mean the girl is 16, she should buy her own damn tampons, please!
Old 05-02-2006, 05:12 PM
Supreme Fan

i actually started crying when this episode was over. .i'm sad to see my favorite show leaving ...10 years is a long time ..and so much has happened...it was nice to watch the Camden's grow up together and i'm going to miss tuning in on Monday nights @ 8,but i can always watch reruns on abc family..but it won't be the same...i was so excited to see that Matt and Mary are coming back for the last episode...but i agree with you guys,the episode will feel rushed in one hour ...i've practically seen ALL 10 years of 7th Heaven and i'm really going to miss it..but i really wanted to see Simon and Rose after they got married,and Ruthie going to Scotland(lucky girl ) and of course Lucy and Kevin having their second child.. ...next week i'm probally goin to bw bawling

7th Heaven:1996-2006..10 years with the Camdens
Old 05-02-2006, 07:20 PM
Master Fan

Next week is going to be so bad. I'm going to be a wreck! And, presumably, in a bad mood afterwards when my family makes fun of me for being said wreck.