Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-22-2004, 06:13 AM
Part-Time Fan

Chandler/Roxanne apreciation thread #1 - "I'm still in love with you, you idiot!"

I know a lot of people aren't too fond of the latest seasons and all the new characters, but I personally adore Chandler and Roxane and their relationship with each other. I blame the scene in Smoking where he breaks down in her arms... sigh.

Anyway, I was hoping there might be a few fans who adored them, or maybe just liked them. I'm so obsessed with these two, that whenever they have a scene together, I start squealing, and cannot shut up for the rest of the episode. I just think they're too cute for words.

This would be the place where pictures of the adorable couple would go, but I'm not a pic girl, so there's none. As soon as I can borrow my friend's season 7 tapes, I'll transcribe some of their more romantic scenes, just because I think we need something dedicated to C/R on the net... but until then, this thread will be pretty empty. Unless, of course, someone else has something to add? [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Sorry, I ramble a lot. But if anyone else loves Chandler and Roxanne, please post! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Lala

(Avi by carolinarain)
Old 03-22-2004, 03:15 PM
Elite Fan

I actually did like them together, though I felt that the relationship came out of nowhere. It just seemed to happen so sudden and then was very intense. I always figured that they would stay together, but it seems like they're supposed to be apart for however long. I would enjoy them in a spin-off show however.

[img]smilies/love.gif[/img]Nikki [img]smilies/sun.gif[/img]
Old 03-22-2004, 07:40 PM
Part-Time Fan

Yeah, I felt that they moved much too fast. But I think (okay, hope) that there still might be a chance for them to get back together. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

(Avi by carolinarain)
Old 03-22-2004, 10:00 PM
Elite Fan

I wish we could hear some more news on the spin off idea. It seemed pretty good and Chandler/Roxanne centric.

Old 03-23-2004, 07:50 PM
Master Fan

Despite skepticism for the coupling in the beginning, I ended up liking Roxanne and Chandler pretty well together. Actually, I didn't really realize how much I liked them together until after they broke up. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] They were much more interesting together than Chandler & Paris or Roxanne & Martin's father.

-Beth
that a broken heart is blind
Old 03-23-2004, 09:11 PM
Elite Fan

I didn't mind Chandler/Paris, but Roxanne/Martin's Dad was odd and just wrong. He kissed her to shut her up? God forbid a woman have an idea for herself.

Old 03-25-2004, 12:47 AM
Part-Time Fan

Roxanne/Martin's dad was... strange. I seriously hope the writers don't try and develop that storyline... the cruel, angst loving part of me actually hopes he dies... that sounded a lot less crueler in my head.

BTW, slightly OT but what spin off? Why don't I hang around this board more? *Goes off in search of spin off related threads/info*

(Avi by carolinarain)
Old 03-25-2004, 01:22 AM
Elite Fan

It was rumored that Brenda would spin off a show with Chan/Rox that mirrored 7th Heaven, he being the young minister and she being his spunky new wife. This was announced right after they got together on the show I think.
As far as I know, it's still in the plans after 7th Heaven ends next year.

Old 03-25-2004, 03:30 PM
Master Fan

Really? I thought that was just a rumor. Besides, I don't think that would last. No offense, but I doubt anyone would watch that. It would be like promoting the anit-Camden senitment of the horrific Season 8.

TVsodes.com- a TV episode review blog for fans by fan. - One Tree Hill, Secret Life of the American Teenager, Gossip Girl, Project Runway, and more. NOW WITH PODCAST
Old 03-25-2004, 06:35 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah but 7th Heaven is The WB's most highly rated show, people like it for the moral issues so a spin off could do okay.

Old 03-27-2004, 05:09 AM
Part-Time Fan

[img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Me likes that rumor.

And I agree about the spine off thing, BTW. But I'm also a fan of season's 7 and 8, so maybe that's just me.

Best thing about the spine off is that Chandler/Roxanne *will* end up together in the end. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Aaahhh I can just see Chandler with a baby.

(Avi by carolinarain)
Old 03-27-2004, 09:53 AM
Elite Fan

I like that idea too.

Old 04-02-2004, 03:33 AM
Part-Time Fan

I refuse to let this thread die, or disappear into the dark corners of the board like so many others have.... so it's time for the clasic ship thread question:
What's your favorite Chandler/Roxanne scene?

I'm sure I've mentioned this... many, many times... but my favorite C/r scene is from 715 Smoking, where Roxanne comes home to find Chandler on her porch and he breaks down in her arms. Sigh. Must get a copy of that soon!

(Avi by carolinarain)
Old 04-02-2004, 10:03 AM
Elite Fan

I have to agree that is one of my favorites to. I love how he lets himself be vulnerable with her.

Old 04-05-2004, 02:58 AM
Part-Time Fan

Me, too. I also like their scene at the end of that ep where he's all embarrassed and she reassures him. Something like:
Chandler: I'm sorry for that.
Roxanne: You're sorry for being human?

Then they start talking about how close they are and she says something like, "I think I'm gonna like this commitment thing."

So cute! Hm, must remember which ep the I love yous were exchanged. *Wanders off*

(Avi by carolinarain)