Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-10-2004, 02:31 AM
Elite Fan

Additional Rules - Please Read and Respond!

Kim and I wanted to alert people to the following rule as there has been some developments at FF about graphics and page loading time. Please read :

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
10) Do not post the same picture over and over in a thread. Don't quote pictures - if you quote someone, please edit out the image before submitting your reply. If you don't follow these rules, your picture(s) will be deleted.

Also, please note that when you post pictures directly from another website, you’re basically using that site's bandwidth. Every time someone at FF views the picture on our boards, the owner of the website that hosts the image gets charged for bandwidth use. This is known as "bandwidth theft." We would prefer it if you'd post a text link to the picture using the [url] tag instead of displaying the picture in a post using the [img] tag, because then the owner of the website only gets charged for bandwidth if people click on the link.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We've started a picture thread so post all the pics that have been posted on the regular threads. Enjoy and please respond.

Nikki and Kim
Old 09-12-2004, 12:12 AM
Total Fan

Thanks for posting this!

Much appreciated.
Old 09-18-2004, 02:25 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

When I was on dial-up I absolutely hated picture heavy threads. They'd take forever to load. As a mod, I've always been pretty strict about enforcing the 'do not quote pictures' rule for that reason.

Thanks for bringing this to everybody's attention Nikki and Kim.
Old 10-24-2004, 08:39 AM
Pav
Elite Fan

Read and understood.