Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-27-2004, 08:11 PM
Elite Fan

9x03 "Song Of Lucy" General Discussion Thread

Although she is worried about the lesson plan for the class she is teaching on abstinence, Lucy (Beverley Mitchell) is excited when Eric (Stephen Collins) tells her she is now the Associate Pastor and will soon give her first sermon. Meanwhile, during Simon's (David Gallagher) visits with Dr. Gibson (guest star David Piel), he confesses that he has been using his relationship with Georgia (guest star Rheagan Wallace) to block out the guilt he still feels about the fatal traffic accident; Ruthie (Mackenzie Rosman) falls for a guy she meets in detention, Harry (guest star Aaron Carter), a foster kid currently living in a county facility, despite Martin's (Tyler Hoechlin) reservations.
Catherine Hicks, Nikolas & Lorenzo Brino and George Stults also star. Joel J. Feigenbaum directed the episode written by executive producer Sue Tenney.

Looks like we'll have to deal with Georgia again this week.
Old 09-27-2004, 11:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

I thought this episode was good. At the beginning, I was like WTF. Then It moved on and I saw this baby. I was like Lucy had the child already? It's totally weird.

Why did it have to be Aaron Carter that had to be Ruthie's boyfriend? Why could they bring that other boy back? I like her and him together.

I totally loved Lucy's sermon. It was the best thing in the eppie.

Next week looks... interesting.
Old 09-27-2004, 11:54 PM
Extreme Fan

Lucy's sermon was great. I loved her Sunday one too.
When Kevin listed the reasons why he loved Lucy, it sounded as if he had memorized them in order.
Harry's.. I dunno what Harry is yet. He seems as if he could be some.. alot of trouble though

myspacee.[/COLOR]

It's not you! It's Woo!
Old 09-27-2004, 11:57 PM
Obsessed Fan

I missed the first half of the episode. Can someone please fill me in about what happened in the first 30 minutes?
Thanks.
Old 09-27-2004, 11:57 PM
Master Fan

I hated this episode for the reason that, throughout the course of the episode, I think I slapped everyone upside the head (in an imaginary way.) Who is writing this stuff? I mean, the plost aren't bad, but it's how they are getting to the plots and the stupid, stupid things that are coming out of the characters mouths that are the most annoying of it all.

TVsodes.com- a TV episode review blog for fans by fan. - One Tree Hill, Secret Life of the American Teenager, Gossip Girl, Project Runway, and more. NOW WITH PODCAST
Old 09-28-2004, 02:06 AM
Obsessed Fan

Was Barry in this episode? I only saw the second half. I don't recall seeing him in the last 30 minutes I saw. I didn't see Sam or David either. Did they have a story line this week? Did they get in trouble again? Why did Martin not like Ruthie's new boyfriend? I feel clueless. I liked Lucy's sermon. I liked how Simon apologized to Annie and Eric. I like how the three of them had some closure. Not total closure, but some. Ok, so Simon like's Georgia, then doesn't, then does? Can't he make his mind up? I understand that he's using her as a distraction so he doesn't have to be reminded of the accident, but still? It's like he's suddenly encapable of making decisions. Anyone notice that Ruthie's hair is curly like it was when she was little?
Old 09-28-2004, 02:45 AM
Elite Fan

I actually liked this episode. I thought the beginning was cool. And Lucy's sermon at the end was nice. I love Simon's storyline this season. So dark, he had sex with Georgia because he felt like he was going to hell anyway. Wow. And as for Ruthie, eh! And Aaron Carter, how is he peculiar?

in the end, a good episode. prob gonna watch next week's.

kenny | credit
Old 09-28-2004, 12:33 PM
Elite Fan

Well I was watching last night's episode with friends and as soon as it started we all thought it was "7th Heaven : The Musical" or something. Bev sounded nice, but the whole scene was stupid I thought. I kept waiting for her to burst into song during her sermon.

Let's just start out by saying that I am so glad that Annie seemed to lighten up on Simon and was the more rational person in dealing with him and the premarital sex. I was very proud of her when she told Simon that he didn't dissapoint her, they just wanted him to be happy.

Moving on to the Ruthin! It was definatly on fire in this episode, you so can tell that Martin is crushing on her and she's trying to hide her feelings for him as well. I'm not crazy about Harry, but dare I say that Mack and Aaron have some chemistry, not anything like she has with Tyler, but it's there none the less.

Seems like they've done alot to tone down the verbal abuse between Kevin and Lucy and now their scenes mostly consist of Lucy being wacky and Kevin telling her how he supports her. I cracked up when he said she was a strong independent woman who can take care of herself. I was thinking, yes Lucy's so strong, up until she was married she lived at home with Mommy and Daddy and did whatever she could to get a boy to marry her, then they moved five feet away to a garage. She's strong I tell ya!

I actually thought Simon at the therapist would have been a good storyline had he just left the first time, it's clear to me that he's fine, just doing something alot of teens his age are and have been doing for years now. Once he came back, I knew it was time to roll the eyes. I am glad he is dealing with the wreck, but I thought it was a stupid reason for him to have sex because he already thought he was going to hell, why not booze it up and deal some drugs while you're at it Simon? My friend was like, did he have sex with a man too? I had to laugh.

I found I didn't miss Matt one bit this episode, but I'm sure he'll be back soon. I also found that I didn't hate The Peach as much, though her vacant stares into space were quiet entertaining. I was like, is she acting or what?

If they put Simon and The Peach together for good I will stop watching the show, I swear.

Lucy's sermon was really great, though the use of the word Passion was getting to me, I thought for a second that she would hand out DVDs of The Passion of The Christ as a closer or something.

Next week looks interesting to say the least.
Old 09-28-2004, 01:57 PM
Extreme Fan

Question:
In their apartment, Kevin mentions something to Lucy about how, even he has more than enough money for her to stay home, she wants to work anyway. And when Kevin proposed, he more or less said the same thing.

I missed a majority of seasons 7 and 8, so can someone fill me in on how Kevin has the money?
Old 09-28-2004, 04:46 PM
Loyal Fan

Once again, I have to agree with kaykayelle on this one. I found so many things wrong with this episode, that I may not watch anymore.
Old 09-28-2004, 06:27 PM
Extreme Fan

I'll keep watching, but only because this is my "feel good" show. Everything on TV is so trashy, so watching the wholesome goodness of 7th Heaven makes me feel like I'm redeeming myself.

Anyway..........I can't decide what I think about Ruthie and Harry. I don't have a problem with Ruthie dating, but Harry kind of gives me the creeps. I can't decide if it's the character, or if it's Aaron Carter himself who's creeping me out.

Forever mourning the loss of Arrested Development!
Old 09-28-2004, 08:37 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by dariah
Question:
In their apartment, Kevin mentions something to Lucy about how, even he has more than enough money for her to stay home, she wants to work anyway. And when Kevin proposed, he more or less said the same thing.

I missed a majority of seasons 7 and 8, so can someone fill me in on how Kevin has the money?
They never said how Kevin got the money, just that he is loaded. It's quite annoying because he keeps bringing it up. If they were going t talk about it this much they should have just told us how he got the money already.

TVsodes.com- a TV episode review blog for fans by fan. - One Tree Hill, Secret Life of the American Teenager, Gossip Girl, Project Runway, and more. NOW WITH PODCAST
Old 09-28-2004, 09:59 PM
Master Fan

I was switching between Monday Night Football and 7th Heaven, so I missed a majority of the episode, but I liked what I saw.

I liked Simon's therapy session. I thought it was an interesting rationalization that he was having sex and skipping class because he killed a guy. I thought it was good to see that just because you act fine doesn't mean that you are fine. I know I've experienced that.

I liked Lucy's sermon, though it didn't really seem sermon-y to me. But I liked how she talked about that you have to do the work to like yourself and you can't depend on anyone or anything else to do that.
Old 09-29-2004, 12:11 AM
Obsessed Fan

What happened in the beginning of the episode? I saw from where Simon was in the middle of a counseling session. Can someone please fill me in as to what happened from the start of the episode up to that piont?
Old 09-29-2004, 12:24 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by MalloryKeaton
What happened in the beginning of the episode? I saw from where Simon was in the middle of a counseling session. Can someone please fill me in as to what happened from the start of the episode up to that piont?
Well, Kevin had a nightmare that Lucy wanted to have 10 kids; she just wants to take it one at a time. Ruthie met a "bad" boy in detention and asked Eric for permission to date; Eric nearly had another heart attack, and Annie acted totally blase. Eric asks Lucy to give the sermon on Sunday; she accepts, reassuring him that "she can handle it". Simon lies about breaking up with Georgia, and agrees reluctantly to go to thearpy.

I think that's pretty much the major rundown.

kaykayelle- Thanks for letting me know. And ugh, how annoying to not know the source of the "mystery money." I assume then that they are living in the garage apartment more out of Lucy's insecurity to leave rather than their attempts to save money?