Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2018, 06:54 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I'd agree with that.

Maleficent disappointed me the most, because Maleficent is my favorite villain and I hate having to watch a sob story surrounding her.
Old 08-25-2018, 11:36 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

Oh, yeah. The Maleficent movie with Angelina Jolie? I didn’t care for it, either. I didn’t like that they made her “good” after all. This isn’t “Wicked”. And they made it like she & Aurora were friends by the end, and that just didn’t sit well with me, because it totally disregards everything Aurora & her family went through in the 16 years she was away from them, and it was just irritating all around. I thought they handled The Evil Stepmother very well in Cinderella. I was glad they didn’t change anything about her, because her evilness is what made Ella become the person she was and the way she stood up to her at the end and said, “I forgive you”, despite everything her stepmother put her through, shows the strong character Ella was and would never have been something the stepmother would have done. I think that’s how they should have done it in Maleficent, but I guess it was her story, and not Aurora’s, so she was not gonna be the bad guy in it.

Also, I think Kristin Bauer van Straten, who played Maleficent on OUAT, made a better Maleficent than Angelina Jolie.

Thanks for listening to my little rant!

Aaron Tveit is Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
Always & Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 05:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I've watched that, but I understand you rant.
Old 08-26-2018, 04:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I didn’t like that they made her “good” after all. This isn’t “Wicked”. And they made it like she & Aurora were friends by the end, and that just didn’t sit well with me, because it totally disregards everything Aurora & her family went through in the 16 years she was away from them, and it was just irritating all around
As someone who considers Sleeping Beauty (along with The Little Mermaid) her favorite Disney film, I was really insulted that Disney decided to make Cinderella, Beauty & the Beast, The Jungle Book, etc. as near carbon copies of their animated versions, but SB/Maleficent was totally different. Like, how dare you ruin Stefan to prop Maleficent up. How dare you treat the Three Good Fairies so badly when they're basically the stars of the animated version. How dare you treat Prince Philip (my animated husband) as a non-entity. Like, is Aurora too boring for Disney to make her the star of the film with her own name?
As you can see, I have a lot of feelings about this

Quote:
I thought they handled The Evil Stepmother very well in Cinderella. I was glad they didn’t change anything about her, because her evilness is what made Ella become the person she was and the way she stood up to her at the end and said, “I forgive you”, despite everything her stepmother put her through, shows the strong character Ella was and would never have been something the stepmother would have done. I think that’s how they should have done it in Maleficent, but I guess it was her story, and not Aurora’s, so she was not gonna be the bad guy in it.
I think people would've rioted in the streets if they made Cinderella's stepmom nice.

Quote:
Also, I think Kristin Bauer van Straten, who played Maleficent on OUAT, made a better Maleficent than Angelina Jolie.
I just wish they had used her more. I'm a Sarah Bolger fan, so the writers lack of interest in telling the SB story made me
Old 08-26-2018, 06:46 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

Quote:
As someone who considers Sleeping Beauty (along with The Little Mermaid) her favorite Disney film, I was really insulted that Disney decided to make Cinderella, Beauty & the Beast, The Jungle Book, etc. as near carbon copies of their animated versions, but SB/Maleficent was totally different.
SB is my favorite, too! I disagree about Cinderella being a carbon copy, because I thought they did a few different, unique things (like having Ella & Kit meet before the ball). But that’s my opinion.

Prince Phillip & Prince Eric are my Top 2 Disney animated crushes!

I didn’t like the direction OUAT was going with Aurora’s storyline (Mulan having feelings for her ), so I was kinda glad it ended when it did and was never picked up again.

Anyway, we should get back to Jefferson & Grace.

Old 08-26-2018, 08:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I disagree about Cinderella being a carbon copy, because I thought they did a few different, unique things (like having Ella & Kit meet before the ball). But that’s my opinion.
Which is why I said near carbon copy Because they did have new things added, but the story and characters weren't totally different and there were plenty of recognizable scenes. Whereas in Maleficent the story and characters were a lot more different and there were so many unrecognizable scenes.

Quote:

Prince Phillip & Prince Eric are my Top 2 Disney animated crushes!
Me too.

Quote:
I didn’t like the direction OUAT was going with Aurora’s storyline (Mulan having feelings for her ), so I was kinda glad it ended when it did and was never picked up again.
I didn't like the romantic Mulan/Aurora storyline fans were trying to push, either. And the way the writers did tackle Aurora pricking her finger....oy vey. It was terrible and anti-climatic and seemed like the writers threw it together in 5 seconds. Sarah Bolger deserved better.

Quote:

Did anyone think Grace and Henry should've gotten together?
Old 08-27-2018, 07:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

Quote:
Did anyone think Grace and Henry should've gotten together?
Yes!

Old 08-28-2018, 07:46 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I reject canon and pretend they are married.
Old 08-28-2018, 11:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think that Henry and Grace would have made a cute couple.

I love the animated Beauty and the Beast, but I prefer the fairytale version of The Little Mermaid. It's actually my favourite fairytale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by very close talking (View Post)

I'm kinda glad we just got to see them have a happy ending.
Old 08-28-2018, 06:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I love the animated Beauty and the Beast, but I prefer the fairytale version of The Little Mermaid. It's actually my favourite fairytale.
You mean the Hans Christian one, right? I like it too even though she doesn't get her prince in the end.
Old 08-29-2018, 11:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, I think that's why I loved it so much.

I'm sure that I'd enjoy the Disney version if I got around to watching, as I think everyone is used to them changing the story.
Old 08-29-2018, 01:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

You never saw the Disney version? It's one of their best. You should definitely give it a go.
Old 08-29-2018, 05:58 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMouse (View Post)
You never saw the Disney version? It's one of their best. You should definitely give it a go.
Agreed!

If Henry & Grace had gotten married, Jefferson & Emma would have been in-laws.

Old 09-01-2018, 09:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

Omg wow lol.
Old 09-01-2018, 09:54 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

I bet their holidays together would have been fun.

Reply   Post New Thread