Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-18-2023, 01:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

there was a time i really praised them. seems a lifetime ago lol.
Old 05-18-2023, 01:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

Same here actually
Fan Forum Legend

it's just sad.
Fan Forum Legend

I will never not be mad because of what they did to this once amazing show.

EC | ADC

Old 05-18-2023, 01:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

they ruined everything
Old 05-18-2023, 01:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

They can't ruin the fact that Dany will always be the one true Queen.
Old 05-18-2023, 01:08 PM
Master Fan

I don’t support Daenerys because she's Aerys' trueborn daughter or because her ancestors created the Iron Throne and ruled over the Seven Kingdoms for centuries. I support her because she's always acting in the interest of other people, helping, saving, and rescuing them even when she is loathed for her choices.
Old 05-18-2023, 01:08 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Exactly, she does have a good heart and is a fair ruler.

EC | ADC

Old 05-18-2023, 01:10 PM
Master Fan

And she doesn't just do it for her people, Daenerys defends all people, even those she aren't responsible for. She goes to war with the cities of Slaver's Bay, delaying her grand plan to claim her birthright in Westeros over people that shouldn't be her concern. She takes one look at slavery and knows it is wrong. She knows she has the power to overthrow it, to change things, so she does because she knows no one else will, no matter the cost to her.
Old 05-18-2023, 01:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thinking about this makes my heart go warm

EC | ADC

Old 05-18-2023, 01:12 PM
Master Fan

She already has her legitimate feudal claim (the way things will go smoother for her and just to put in some elements to subvert expectations) but she deserves and needs to rule something and enact real change through leadership.
Old 05-19-2023, 01:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Well said guys!
Old 05-20-2023, 06:01 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by seriesfeak (View Post)
I don’t support Daenerys because she's Aerys' trueborn daughter or because her ancestors created the Iron Throne and ruled over the Seven Kingdoms for centuries. I support her because she's always acting in the interest of other people, helping, saving, and rescuing them even when she is loathed for her choices.
I legit think that if we are going by technical heirs, neither Jon nor Dany were the rightful heir to the throne. Aegon I and his sisters took Westeros by conquest, and the Baratheons overthrew their dynasty through Robert's Rebellion. That means it's the Baratheon heir now who technically should inherit it. Stannis, and after his death a legitimised Gendry, had the best claims.

Still supported Dany though, a leader who has personally experienced the life the poor live, who has literally experienced being sold as a slave an abused, she would have a better perspective for the ordinary people than any of the other nobility. I just don't get people saying Jon was the rightful heir by being Rhagar's son, he wasn't Robert's son or brother so that doesn't matter.
Old 05-20-2023, 09:53 AM
Fan Forum Star

Today marks four years since Daenerys was murdered. It seems like yesterday when I watched that disgusting episode.
Old 05-20-2023, 10:01 AM
Fan Forum Legend

However it really annoys me when people write things like "Jon is the true heir of House Targaryen, a dragon raised by wolves" and all these things.

It was Daenerys who was banished from Westeros because of her Targaryen ancestry. It was Daenerys who, because of her Targaryen ancestry, was forced to run from town to town from Robert's killers (it doesn't even matter if Robert really sent assassins after her and Viserys or it was Viserys' paranoia). It was Daenerys, because of her Targaryen ancestry, who survived on the streets with her older brother, who psychologically, physically and sexually abused her. It was Daenerys who, because of her Targaryen ancestry, was sold into sexual slavery. It is Daenerys, as the last Targaryen, who is forced to bear the burden of responsibility for the legacy of her dynasty, because if she leaves, her house will leave with her.

And all this in order for some people to say that Jon is the heir of House Targaryen due to the fact that his father was Rhaegar (Rhaegar, whose actions led to Daenerys and Viserys being in exile and surviving on the streets, just saying). Jon, who has only northern themes and Stark House themes in his story. Jon, who grew up not even knowing about his connection with the Targaryens, and therefore grew up in the castle as the illegitimate son of Eddard Stark along with the legitimate Stark children, receiving maesters, servants and those who taught him to fight with a sword (let's not pretend that Catelyn's rude attitude and ignoring Sansa is comparable to Dany's life on the run and with the way Viserys treated her). Jon has no emotional connection to House Targaryen and has done nothing for House Targaryen.

Daenerys literally revived the dragons, but the "Targaryen heir" in the eyes of some readers/viewers is still Jon - who even gets a spin off

EC | ADC

Closed Thread   Post New Thread