Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2016, 02:15 AM
Fan Forum Legend

all this tall about next season is making me so anxious

and the gif set is amazing, thanks for posting Markus
Old 12-09-2016, 08:16 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCrow (View Post)
The thing about House of the Undying. She entered two key places throne room and Beyond the Wall. Means fight for the Iron Throne qnd White Walkers. She almost touched the iron Throne but turned her head towards the real danger, symbolizing she'll be close to it but never reach it. It's not her destiny ... that is fight against the white walkers. Always been her destiny.

Seeing Drogo and Rhaego, as he said he might not enter afterlife without her. Common interpretation is that she'll die Beyond the Wall and join them in the afterlife.

Spoiler:

Not all of them will survive but chances of Jon dying are there. He was resurrected for one purpose. What comes after is anyone's guess. So Dany might survive with their child. It's a popular theory.

Spoiler:
Maybe Drogo and Rhaego being beyond the Wall was the warlocks trying to temp Daenerys into staying in the House of the Undying? Keep in mind that was there goal, right? Maybe these are places she's going to see in the future and doesn't have any other meaning? Maybe it's important people at these places at the time of her vision? The problem with the visions is that there isn't any clear indication that they foreshadow anything. Unlike all the rest of the prophecies where it's clear that it's a foreshadowing of things to come.

Maggie the Frog prophecy has been accurate thus far. There is no reason to believe it won't be fulfilled. Are you really suggesting that just because Daenerys doesn't destroy Cersi in season 7 that she can't or do it in season 8? That sounds absurd.
Old 12-10-2016, 02:29 AM
Fan Forum Legend

i am pretty sure Cersei will die sooner or later. if not in season 7, then in season 8. i can't see her surviving this.
Old 12-10-2016, 02:13 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LxieGrey (View Post)
i am pretty sure Cersei will die sooner or later. if not in season 7, then in season 8. i can't see her surviving this.
Spoiler:
Old 12-11-2016, 05:51 AM
Fan Forum Legend

^ Sounds good to me as well.
Old 12-12-2016, 05:20 AM
Fan Forum Legend

anyways she will die. it's only a matter of time and a question who will do it?
Old 12-12-2016, 03:28 PM
Part-Time Fan

Pretty much. I'd bet on Tyrion, Arya or FM asssassin.

Back to Jon and Dany. Jon could die because hs only purpose could be to defeat the evil and that's it, He could also live and rule. Pretty much he's screwed either way as Geore is trying to tell us life is cruel nd ain't fairytale endings. Jon always faced a decision. Love or Duty. He choose love in AdwD of his sister Arya and it costed him his life, so I don't think he'll make the same mistake again. Having said that, as we debated if Dany is possibly to die or him. I think since third betrayal is still up in the air, it could be Jon. Not because he wants but because he has to. Imagine when he'll face tough decision which is always the key duty vs love. It already cost him his life. I think unwillingly he'll choose again duty. Whatever that situation might be, it will involved Jon, Dany and white walkers.

Last edited by KingCrow; 12-12-2016 at 10:07 PM
Old 12-13-2016, 01:30 AM
Master Fan

Jon/Dany/White Walkers. This is all I need to know. Anything else will be a surprise.
Old 12-13-2016, 01:26 PM
Dedicated Fan

When both are tasked with choosing between love and duty

Jon on some lets runaway, leave it all behind, he didn't do it before when someone he loved asked him to leave it all behind and Dany's all but we can't we have to go back and fight for the kingdom and the safety of their people...

Yes i over thought this gif but i gotta kill time while i wait for 26 June 2017

#takeagifandgiveitashortstory
Old 12-14-2016, 10:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

can't wait to see them working together!
Old 12-15-2016, 01:21 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Pretty much. I'd bet on Tyrion, Arya or FM asssassin.

Back to Jon and Dany. Jon could die because hs only purpose could be to defeat the evil and that's it, He could also live and rule. Pretty much he's screwed either way as Geore is trying to tell us life is cruel nd ain't fairytale endings. Jon always faced a decision. Love or Duty. He choose love in AdwD of his sister Arya and it costed him his life, so I don't think he'll make the same mistake again. Having said that, as we debated if Dany is possibly to die or him. I think since third betrayal is still up in the air, it could be Jon. Not because he wants but because he has to. Imagine when he'll face tough decision which is always the key duty vs love. It already cost him his life. I think unwillingly he'll choose again duty. Whatever that situation might be, it will involved Jon, Dany and white walkers.
I think her third betrayal might be Tyrion.

Daenerys Stormborn of House Targaryen | The House with the Red Door
Old 12-15-2016, 07:01 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Emilia is hard to spot. Kit is easier.

They do things on the show for shock value.

The reason why I think one of Jon or Dany will die. House of the Undying strongly hinted at her death against what is coming from Beyond the Wal and thus reuniting her with Drogo and Rhaego.

Jon on the other hand was resurrected and can't see George letting him live after it. Whole purpose is to defat white walkers, once this is done Jon might die for real.Not many people would expect it. Beric died and will in both mediums, LSH is not on the show but will die in the books. Speaking of resurrection Kit and George were dissapointed with this. Lack of Jon becoming a darker character, which leads me to this that Jon will become much darker in the books.
Jon dying again is not expected? Hmmm...I can't say I agree with you there. It IS expected, at least by a large portion of fans -I've seen more people say they think Jon will die than those who believe he'll survive and become the endgame ruler. Other theories are Jon and Dany leaving Westeros and fading away or Jon becoming the new NK. "Expected" and "unexpected" are very subjective: it differs from person to person, everyone has their own expectations/ideas on how it's going to end.

I'm not going to rule anything out but I have my doubts GRRM gave Jon the bloodlines of two ancient, powerful families (something that is unique in the history of Westeros) therefore making him the representation of North and South, East and West and who's the only one who puts the good of the realm FIRST before power squabbles (even getting old enemies to work together for a common goal/threat), etc just for him to die in the end...again. Speaking of, killing off a main character twice is just lazy writing imho. And yes, Jon becoming King is a cliché but so is him dying heroically. As for doing things for shock value, like others have said I'd rather GRRM write a conclusion that makes sense in the overall story (even if it is "predictable" to some) instead of trying to avoid tropes in an effort to appear "edgy"/groundbreaking,which results in an artificial ending, or throwing a curveball (Jon dying wouldn't be a twist at all though) just for the sake of it. Jon taking on the throne out of a sense of duty to put a destroyed kingdom back together again fits in with his journey, the type of man he is and the "bittersweet ending" (i.e having to become a man he never wanted to be (a Targaryen, instead of a Stark)far away from his home and everything he knows).

You could be right about Jon possibly becoming more ruthless after his resurrection in the books. I read that GRRM said something about someone being a good person doesn't necessarily make them a good ruler and vice versa - so maybe that's one reason why Jon might become a bit darker in the books. I'm curious as to how GRRM is going to resolve the Jon having died and came back to life issue too. But then Jon's situation is different from LSH (she was dead for several days and decomposing) and Beric (is a minor side character and has gone through ressurection several times). And on the show Jon is being presented just as alive as the other living characters, not as something in between like with Benjen and The Mountain - who are clearly more dead than alive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DracarysGirl (View Post)
I think her third betrayal might be Tyrion.
Yeah, it's possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shippers11 (View Post)
Maggie the Frog prophecy has been accurate thus far. There is no reason to believe it won't be fulfilled. Are you really suggesting that just because Daenerys doesn't destroy Cersi in season 7 that she can't or do it in season 8? That sounds absurd.
Or it could be Dany isn't the "younger more beautiful Queen". Maybe it's someone else, who knows.

That is one fine looking gif. Whoever made that is very creative and talented. I'm looking forward to seeing them work together too.

Last edited by TheSensibleOne; 12-15-2016 at 11:20 PM
Old 12-16-2016, 12:30 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSensibleOne (View Post)
Jon dying again is not expected? Hmmm...I can't say I agree with you there. It IS expected, at least by a large portion of fans -I've seen more people say they think Jon will die than those who believe he'll survive and become the endgame ruler. Other theories are Jon and Dany leaving Westeros and fading away or Jon becoming the new NK. "Expected" and "unexpected" are very subjective: it differs from person to person, everyone has their own expectations/ideas on how it's going to end.

I'm not going to rule anything out but I have my doubts GRRM gave Jon the bloodlines of two ancient, powerful families (something that is unique in the history of Westeros) therefore making him the representation of North and South, East and West and who's the only one who puts the good of the realm FIRST before power squabbles (even getting old enemies to work together for a common goal/threat), etc just for him to die in the end...again. Speaking of, killing off a main character twice is just lazy writing imho. And yes, Jon becoming King is a cliché but so is him dying heroically. As for doing things for shock value, like others have said I'd rather GRRM write a conclusion that makes sense in the overall story (even if it is "predictable" to some) instead of trying to avoid tropes in an effort to appear "edgy"/groundbreaking,which results in an artificial ending, or throwing a curveball (Jon dying wouldn't be a twist at all though) just for the sake of it. Jon taking on the throne out of a sense of duty to put a destroyed kingdom back together again fits in with his journey, the type of man he is and the "bittersweet ending" (i.e having to become a man he never wanted to be (a Targaryen, instead of a Stark)far away from his home and everything he knows).

You could be right about Jon possibly becoming more ruthless after his resurrection in the books. I read that GRRM said something about someone being a good person doesn't necessarily make them a good ruler and vice versa - so maybe that's one reason why Jon might become a bit darker in the books. I'm curious as to how GRRM is going to resolve the Jon having died and came back to life issue too. But then Jon's situation is different from LSH (she was dead for several days and decomposing) and Beric (is a minor side character and has gone through ressurection several times). And on the show Jon is being presented just as alive as the other living characters, not as something in between like with Benjen and The Mountain - who are clearly more dead than alive.
Believe me. I read a lot of theories but most likely it's Jon being a King because to many people Dany has death sign on her shoulders. Then it's Jon dying, leaving with Ghost into legends. People in general from I've seen believe in this that Jon has to be King due to his heritage but heritage never played a role in his rise. I nfact it's the opposite. I don't think his bloodline matters for the Iron Throne nor do I think he would be a good King. Especially show version of Jon just lacks anything with it and can't imagine him. To them he's just more of a soldier than a King. They haven't been much of evidence he could do a better job. NW was a disaster, as King in The North not so better fom what we learned.

Jon dying again is not cheap in my opinion but depends on the way how could it be done. I understand your assesmtn and being reservd about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DracarysGirl (View Post)
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shippers11 (View Post)
Maybe Drogo and Rhaego being beyond the Wall was the warlocks trying to temp Daenerys into staying in the House of the Undying? Keep in mind that was there goal, right? Maybe these are places she's going to see in the future and doesn't have any other meaning? Maybe it's important people at these places at the time of her vision? The problem with the visions is that there isn't any clear indication that they foreshadow anything. Unlike all the rest of the prophecies where it's clear that it's a foreshadowing of things to come.

It's foreshadowing that Dany will fight Cersei for the Iron Throne, then white walkers.

Spoiler:

Last edited by KingCrow; 12-16-2016 at 12:40 AM
Old 12-16-2016, 08:08 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Believe me. I read a lot of theories but most likely it's Jon being a King because to many people Dany has death sign on her shoulders. Then it's Jon dying, leaving with Ghost into legends.
Okay, then I must not be looking in the same places as you do because I have a completely different experience. So you see, our impressions on what is (un)expected with the audience is very much subjective as well. I think the 4 theories I've read (Jon becoming King, Jon dying, Jon declining the throne and leaving Westeros or going back to the NW, Jon becoming NK) are all expected to some degree. To be honest, my first thought was that Jon would die in some heroic sacrifice.

But whether something is expected or unexpected, it doesn't really matter. What's important is the journey, not the destination.

Quote:
Especially show version of Jon just lacks anything with it and can't imagine him. To them he's just more of a soldier than a King. They haven't been much of evidence he could do a better job. NW was a disaster, as King in The North not so better fom what we learned.
D&D's writing is very plot-driven, instead of character-driven. I don't think ShowJon is "unintelligent" or "dumb" (quite the contrary in fact, he sees the larger picture while others do not) but unfortunately some of his political acumen and intelligence is toned down on the show - sometimes to further the plot, other times to prop other characters (e.g. Sansa in the BOB). I don't think ShowJon would be a bad King, there's room for improvement. No doubt he has made mistakes but so has Dany. Mereen was a disaster for example.

Quote:

Jon dying again is not cheap in my opinion but depends on the way how could it be done. I understand your assesmtn and being reservd about it.
I'm keeping an open-mind about Jon's fate. He could very well die again like you said. But I just think it is repetitive and it also has very little to no emotional impact - viewers/book readers will just go "here we go again" (regardless of how he dies), since it's already happened.

Last edited by TheSensibleOne; 12-16-2016 at 05:34 PM
Old 12-16-2016, 10:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the great discussion here
Closed Thread   Post New Thread