Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2016, 11:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It was a slow one. A good one but not the best.

What a great cold opening.

The Hound is back! Also Lyanna Mormont rocked it and I liked Ian McShane's one episode role.

Poor Arya. But we know she will be alright in the end. But then again, how can Arya possibly be moving around with multiple gut stabbings?

The Blackfish is more interesting than in the whole third season already.

No Tyrion again? Wow. They never did that so far. Very odd for a character who's been central to the story for the first 5 seasons. Also this is actually 3 weeks in a row without Ramsay.

EC | ADC

Movies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 11:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

My first and only thought: Yara is a lesbian which means she'll die soon and feed the dead lesbian trope.
MysteryXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 11:16 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteryXX (View Post)
My first and only thought: Yara is a lesbian which means she'll die soon and feed the dead lesbian trope.

but on the other hand it's GOT, it could be different this time.
Heda_Khaleesi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 12:53 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Totally forgot to write, but I enjoyed all Jon/Sansa scenes obviously.

EC | ADC

Old 06-06-2016, 12:56 AM
Fan Forum Legend

hm i don't know about the episode. it was okay i guess.

the Hound is back. but somehow it didn't feel that impressive for me. i know Ian McShane is a great actor and everything, but i found this storyline rather boring and disappointing. sorry.

Arya will survive (somehow) and probably kill the Waif next episode.

KL scenes were a but dragging as well, but yay for Margaery being back in the game.

Bella Ramsey as Lyanna was my little highlight this episode. what i also liked was Yara/Theon, Jon/Sansa and Jaime having finally something to do again.
Heda_Khaleesi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 01:48 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Lady Mormont was the best I agree

EC | ADC

Old 06-06-2016, 01:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Will watch tonight.
powerfully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 02:01 AM
Master Fan

I'm conflicted about this episode, great stuff and bad stuff. Not the best one for sure. I had some issues with several storylines.

I agree, the Lady Mormont is awesome! She was the highlight. Such a great performance and I heard we'll see her again later on. Aside from that House Stark itself seems to be rather broken than rising again. How will they win the war?

That Theon/Yara talk scene wouldn't have worked if Alfie didn't have impressive eyes acting skills. He is a terrific actor. Besides from that I am looking forward to them meeting Dany. How will she react? Can't wait.

Liked the Riverrun stuff. Bronn back is always great and finally Jaime got away from the boring KL stuff and actually can fight again.

I don't know how I feel about Ian McShane to be honest. Yes he is a great actor and yes he did a great job with his role. But the storyline felt a bit boring to me as well. I don't know how to explain it. Anyways, great to have the Hound back. I think the murdering in the end was necessary for him to find his strength again. I understand why they did this storyline, it just felt a bit boring (?) to me.

KL stuff is going on my nerves. All the faith stuff, not my cup of tea. At least Margaery has some sense left.

As for Arya I have a theory. Call me crazy, but I think that wasn't Arya at all. That was Jaqen pretending to be Arya. She didn't have needle with her, she had no scratches on her face and she is just walking around like that with no fear of the Waif? Jaqen asked The Waif not to make Arya suffer but she did. The Waif has failed her test. Maybe this is all about the Waif and not Arya.

Or if this was Arya, then I think Jaqen will somehow heal her.

Ramsay not in 3 episodes, Tyrion in 2 and Daeny again missing. I guess episode 9 will be 30 to 35 minutes devoted to the battle and rest for others.
seriesfeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 02:07 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Interesting theory with Arya/Waif/Jaqen! I am not convinced yet, Arya seemed Arya-like. Also the scene with her and the boat man seemed realistic. But it would be certainly a shocking surprise if this was Jaqen and not Arya.

I really liked the Hound storyline and Ian McShane.

And Lady Mormont needs more screen time I wonder if Jorah knows about her?

Also missed Dany and Tyrion in this one.

EC | ADC

Old 06-06-2016, 02:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I guess i had hyped the episode more than it deserved

It was okay, probably better than last week, and maybe better than 6x01, but nowhere near as good as 6x02-05

It was cool having Sandor back, i guess Cleganebowl is pretty much confirmed now and he will of course beat his brother.

A bit disappointed that we didn't get to see more Northern Houses rally to Sansa and Jons side on screen. I get that they need to have tension for the Battle, but it is a little ridiculous, they don't need the Starks outnumbered 2:1 for the battle, they can have them be outnumbered a little and it can still be tense. Are they just gonna ride in like a Deus-Ex-Machina to save the day alongside Littlefingers forces from the Vale, because of the letters that Sansa sent.

There is plenty of sourcematerial to show that even though Ramsey is one scary dude, the Northerners are plenty willing to betray him. One of the three biggest Northern Houses besides the Starks and the Boltons for example are confirmed to be a Stark Loyalist. Lord Too-Fat-to-sit-on-his-horse, from House Manderly, House Cerwyn and House Hornwood are pretty strong loyalists too, after their Lords, Ladys or Heirs have been mistreated by Ramsey.

And if Littlefinger is gonna be the only one to ride in and save the day, i'm gonna ****ing riot Littlefinger on the show suddenly seems way too naive, and he is anything but naive. That he thinks he can win Sansas forgiveness in the end is silly.

Arya and Braavos came a little out of nowhere. I didn't expect her to get stabbed or anything, and we know that she can run later, so dramatic tension wasted

KL and the Riverlands, loved the Riverlands and a bit bored by KL again. Thank goodness someone finally addressed that Cersei is actually in a pretty poor position. We've spent 6 episodes now pretending that vengeance will be a walk in the park for her, but still, there isn't really anything happening

Join: Sophie Turner, Brittany Snow and Daisy Ridley

#HoldTheDoor, Hodor
King of Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 02:57 AM
Master Fan

THE HOUND IS BACK! I love that Otherwise the highlights were Lyanna Mormont and Jaimie´s scenes.

Interesting theory about Arya/Jaqen/Waif, because IMO there´s no way that Arya would survive all those stabs AND be able to swim underwater with them.

Icon: Si_Crazy
Arawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 04:09 AM
Fan Forum Star

The Hound and Lyanna Mormont were my highlights as well.

But all in all the episode felt a bit underwhelming. Like King of Cool said, I also hyped it too much.
Old 06-06-2016, 05:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteryXX (View Post)
The Hound and Lyanna Mormont were my highlights as well.
I agree!

And how can Arya possibly survive this stabbing??
SongIceFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 06:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I have no idea, but we've seen scenes of her running in trailers that we haven't seen yet. So she obviously survives

Join: Sophie Turner, Brittany Snow and Daisy Ridley

#HoldTheDoor, Hodor
King of Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 10:35 AM
Fan Forum Star

She'll be fine without a doubt. The question is how?
Reply   Post New Thread