Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-21-2018, 06:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJoF92 (View Post)
well, concerning these two Teresa did awful things to Thomas in particular in the book and it was definitely something they couldn't really just move past at, but in the film it was against the whole group and in a way it wasn't that radical. I don't wanna give away anything if you haven't read it so I think the movie gave them a better chance
How?? I don't agree with that at all. I understood Book!Teresa so much more then Moive!Teresa. I think the movies made a big mistake with how they chose to have Teresa betray them. I personally think her betrayal in the movie is so much worse.
Old 09-21-2018, 07:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

I'm very intrigued by this..

{taek su mi sun}
Old 09-22-2018, 04:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

I used to feel that way, Nikki but I don't know I see it differently now Teresa made the deal with WCKD thinking they'd all be safe because it's what they'd promised of course it was a stupid decision but it was still somewhat better than what they had to go through in the book
Spoiler:

Old 09-22-2018, 05:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

Oh wow.

{taek su mi sun}
Old 09-22-2018, 09:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

Teresa didn't make a deal thinking they would all be safe... she intentionally helped WCKD torture all the immunes that they brought in. Obviously she wants to find a cure, which isn't the thing that is wrong here. It is how Teresa goes about the whole thing. Teresa doesn't exactly offer herself up for these experiments, even though she is one of the more stronger immunes... she allows others to suffer while still maintaining that all she wants to do is find a cure. If she wanted a cure that badly, she would have sacrificed herself instead of doing what she does to her friends, friends who through no fault of their own are immune to this disease.

In the books Teresa does everything she does to protect Thomas, her ultimate goal is keeping him safe and she succeeds... she even says 'losing what we had to save you was worth it' or something to that effect. Teresa never truly betrays Thomas. In the movies she not only betrays Thomas, but she betrays all the immunes.

I am not trying to change your mind, obviously we all see things differently, but book!Teresa to me is far more redeemable then movie!Teresa.
Old 09-23-2018, 02:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Teresa: Thomas, please stop. I made a deal with them. They promised we'd be safe. All of us.
Ava: It's true. It was her only condition.
I do think she actually believed them, otherwise she wouldn't have done it. I know she did questionable things after that, allowing WCKD to torture the kids although she didn't really have a say in that but there was no going back anymore.

Thomas didn't really believe her even when she said she only hurt him because she wanted to protect him, they had told her they would've killed him otherwise. So to me, while her decision in the movie was foolish, her priority still was to protect her friends as well.

But I don't wanna change your mind either, it's just how I've made peace with it along the years

Old 09-23-2018, 08:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

^ I do not see it like that at all, but I guess that is what makes it interesting. We all interpret things differently. I still think movie!Teresa is redeemable, (she shows remorse for hurting her friends and she truly tries to protect Thomas), but I don't think she did anything to make sure her friends were initially safe, because they weren't, and she helped WCKD with that
Old 09-24-2018, 01:31 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

Interesting thoughts..

{taek su mi sun}
Old 09-25-2018, 01:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

The whole Teresa thing is quite controversial in this fandom
Old 09-25-2018, 01:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

yeah, well it's not a simple case

Old 09-25-2018, 02:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

Sure doesn't sound it.

{taek su mi sun}
Old 09-27-2018, 09:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

It is most definitely not a simply case, but I also never really saw it as some huge big terrible thing either I think we just need to remember that they are both still just kids, they have both been incredibly manipulated and used by WCKD... it doesn't excuse what Teresa does, but it isn't something that makes me think she should never be forgiven either At the end of the day... Thomas and Teresa care a lot about each other.
Old 09-28-2018, 10:09 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

I get that.

{taek su mi sun}
Old 09-29-2018, 07:16 AM
Fan Forum Star

that's definitely true

Old 09-29-2018, 08:41 PM
Fan Forum Star