Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2013, 10:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

I would love if Stiles get a love interest. How is it that no one's got any interest in Stiles? I love that in the 3rd season, they still care with each other and that they're friends.
Old 08-21-2013, 12:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

I don't mind either one of them getting love interests (I am praying that they give Stiles one), but I hope that the continue building on Stydia while that happens
Old 08-21-2013, 03:40 AM
Communications Team Manager
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

The scene from the first gif is one of my favourite ones of them being protective

It would make sense for Stiles to have a love interest now. Lydia seems like she'll be testing her relationship with Aiden (which I still don't get or see as being serious because neither of them ever showed us as much). Anyway, in either case, I can see there being 'something' there now which will continue to develop slowly.

JOIN our Communications Team.
| ray
Old 08-21-2013, 11:44 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Question: Stiles and Lydia developing their relationship was one of my favorite things this season. Will we get more of this in 3B?
Interviewer: I definitely saw that Lydia didn't expect that connection that she felt when she kissed Stiles so is that relationship something we're gonna get to explore more in 3B?

Jeff: I credit the actors with making that scene great. Um, I can't remember what I said to them but I think it was "be surprised at what happened" and both Dylan and Holland brought it to a different level. That's one of the great things about actors and being collaborative with actors is they'll sometimes tell you as a writer where to take the story and seeing those sparks happen, they are good together - aren't they? We're definitely gonna be exploring the complexities of their relationship. I always like to say that Stiles and Lydia, it was just a crush - a boy having a crush on a girl, complete objectification of a girl who is the prettiest girl in the school. He was in love with her. But he reveals later in the first season that he knows a lot about her and that he knows that she's smart and he knows that she's gonna go off and win some Nobel Prize and she tells him it's gonna actually be the mathematics medal. The Fields Medal. So you know Stiles's feelings are real but he has to learn to be an adult as well. He has to learn what adult love is like and that's not necessarily seeing her for just her beauty. Seeing her for her power, seeing her as someone who can help save the lives when necessary - not as a damsel in distress and just someone to be protected.
Teen Wolf S:3 | Lunar Ellipse E:12 | AfterBuzz TV Aftershow - YouTube

Old 08-21-2013, 12:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

I agree with what Jeff said. Stiles definitely needs to mature but when did he ever think of her as a damsel in distress? He definitely knows that she's extraordinary and can help save people. He wants to protect her because he cares about her, it never seemed as if he thought she couldn't take care of herself, it was just an instinct for him imo.

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.
Old 08-21-2013, 12:44 PM
Elite Fan

yeah, i didn't get that part either.

Quote:
But he reveals later in the first season that he knows a lot about her and that he knows that she's smart and he knows that she's gonna go off and win some Nobel Prize and she tells him it's gonna actually be the mathematics medal. The Fields Medal. So you know Stiles's feelings are real
it was never a superficial crush.

maybe he's talking about in the context of lydia's role on the show before s3. the reason why stiles was so protective is because lydia was always in danger and because she didn't know about the supernatural elements going on in beacon hills. though i guess i can understand why jeff would say that -- because lydia didn't know anything. [nobody ever told her.] that goes for allison & scott as well. we see this season that she knows everything and she's able to help and save the day. [ex: motel california]

Old 08-22-2013, 06:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think they both need to mature and to grow and to learn all the things that they don't know about each other... but that is what is great about their build-up.. we are seeing it happen.. slowly.. but it is happening.

I am not sure what Jeff means in some of those things he says
Old 08-22-2013, 07:03 PM
Elite Fan

possibly a new pic.

Old 08-22-2013, 07:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think we got time to see them develop more and learn more about each other.
Old 08-23-2013, 02:50 AM
Communications Team Manager
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

Aw that pic.

I love what Jeff said about the kiss scene and how Dylan and Holland really made it the awesome scene it was. But yeah, Stiles always had the tendency to protect Lydia because he cares about her, not because he thinks she can't handle it herself.

JOIN our Communications Team.
| ray
Old 08-23-2013, 11:27 AM
Elite Fan

i think dylan said it best.

he's protective because he cares about her and doesn't want her hurt. he's protective of his dad & scott and he knows they can take care of themselves but that doesn't stop him, from wanting to protect them.

Old 08-23-2013, 11:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

Awww.. Dylan So much love.. and Dylan nails it.. he says it perfectly
Old 08-24-2013, 07:54 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

THat's exactly it And it's so beautiful to watch.
Old 08-24-2013, 09:44 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
he's protective because he cares about her and doesn't want her hurt. he's protective of his dad & scott and he knows they can take care of themselves but that doesn't stop him, from wanting to protect them.
Perfectly said.

Quote:
I am not sure what Jeff means in some of those things he says
Sometimes I have a feeling that he doesn't really understand the characters he writes. The actors on TW seem to have a much better understanding of who their characters are.

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.
Old 08-24-2013, 12:22 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma Police (View Post)
Sometimes I have a feeling that he doesn't really understand the characters he writes. The actors on TW seem to have a much better understanding of who their characters are.

we've seen it with the kiss scene & lydia cheering stiles on at the game. that was all dylan/holland. jeff said both times he wasn't expecting what he got.