Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-22-2016, 02:07 PM
Master Fan

^ Ask her yourself? Yes, she's back!

Val, I too have to force myself into grandma sleep because I have to wake up at 5:30. :/

Quote:
Aww Miros, RL BS doesn't sound like fun
Yeah, at the time it sucked. The kind of drama I was pulled into wasn’t anything new to me (or humanity) but kudos to that chick for totally blindsiding me. I’ll tell you one thing, the bonds I have with some of the people in my life were tightened through this ordeal –they had my back through and through. As stressful as the whole thing was, I’m walking away from it considering it an absolute blessing. I’m happier today than I was before it happened. So I guess I should thank her. Not.
Old 05-23-2016, 12:36 AM
Master Fan

Happy to hear it turned out that way

I was just in the kitchen (in the back of our appartment) and I heard a crash First I thought it was thunder, then I thought they were probably collecting garbage (that makes some noise, as the bins are right in front of our house). Then I frgot about it. But when I entered the living room (front of the apartment), I saw that two cars had crashed into eachother on the street OK, not funny, but as no one is hurt and weird stuff like this ALWAYS seem to happen around here lately, it's kinda funny

ETA: Just had my first driving lesson Directly got onto the road to drop another student off somewhere, but I only got to steer for the first part, naturally After that we went onto an industrial park to practice with the gas, brakes and clutch Pretty fun My next lesson is on Thursday.

Last edited by Mazza d'Evill; 05-23-2016 at 04:58 AM
Old 05-23-2016, 05:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Mascha, I'm glad the cars crashing wasn't an omen for your first driving lesson that sounds like fun! I never got my license but I've reeaaally been wanting to learn to drive lately. I can't afford it at the moment though

Miros, I'm glad it made you come out better and happier in the end! It's sometimes hard to see while stuff is going on, but things like that can be a lesson and make you stronger in the end

Quote:
hey ...its Val..is she officially back?
yes, I am!
Old 05-23-2016, 06:39 AM
Fan Forum Legend

hey Miros, Mazz and Val
Old 05-23-2016, 10:05 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

hi you guys

just wanted to say that i had a blast temp modding this board sorry that the last couple days of my mod job were cut short by my being away but if you ever need someone to cover the board again please let me know

and I promise to still show up from time to time as I said

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 05-23-2016, 10:24 AM
Fan Forum Legend

the Suz
Old 05-23-2016, 11:13 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for the great temp modding job you did, Suz But family always comes first
Bet I can speak for all if I say I'd love to see you again here as a temp mod when one of our ladies is away for a while
Old 05-23-2016, 11:20 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazza d'Evill (View Post)
Happy to hear it turned out that way

I was just in the kitchen (in the back of our appartment) and I heard a crash First I thought it was thunder, then I thought they were probably collecting garbage (that makes some noise, as the bins are right in front of our house). Then I frgot about it. But when I entered the living room (front of the apartment), I saw that two cars had crashed into eachother on the street OK, not funny, but as no one is hurt and weird stuff like this ALWAYS seem to happen around here lately, it's kinda funny

ETA: Just had my first driving lesson Directly got onto the road to drop another student off somewhere, but I only got to steer for the first part, naturally After that we went onto an industrial park to practice with the gas, brakes and clutch Pretty fun My next lesson is on Thursday.
Booooo! That ending was anticlimactic! Especially when I thought you were going to say they had crashed into your home.
My sister taught me how to drive when we were in college. While I’d be clutching the steering wheel, she’d honk at people jogging; of course they’d look at me thinking I was a pervert. Which I’m not.

Val, are you still on vacation or have you begun some work today?

Mascha, have you found a supervisor for your research project yet?

Suz, you’ve been awesome! Glad to hear you’ll be checking in from time to time.
Old 05-23-2016, 12:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Suz, thanks again for everything I won't have to miss you because of the JJ board of course, but it would still be great to see you here from time to time too

Miros your sister sounds hilarious. I don't have many projects at the moment, just a few little things here and there so not really back to working just yet but I that'll start again soon have also been taking it easy because of the weird anxiety stuff I've been dealing with since going off the pill, sadly that hasn't improved much yet
Old 05-23-2016, 12:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

hye Mazz, Miros and Val
Old 05-23-2016, 05:25 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigo sunrise (View Post)
Miros your sister sounds hilarious.
She’s also an a******.
I was on the phone with my parents not too long ago, and they were cracking me up. Hard. And my cousin who lives in the same city as me is not ashamed to take his humor to the utmost cheesiest depths. There’s something very ballsy about how ridiculous it is. I’d like to think some of their humor runs through my veins too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigo sunrise (View Post)
I don't have many projects at the moment, just a few little things here and there so not really back to working just yet but I that'll start again soon have also been taking it easy because of the weird anxiety stuff I've been dealing with since going off the pill, sadly that hasn't improved much yet
How long have you been off the pill? Typically, how long is a person supposed to experience anxiety? Do you feel it might also be due to external circumstances? Were you feeling more tranquility when you were in Turkey?
Hope you feel better very soon.
Old 05-23-2016, 09:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

I hope you enjoy driving, Mascha! My sister hates it. She is in driving school, but tries to avoid practicing whenever possible. I love driving, so I don't understand her.

My principal told me today my idea of having a duck costume as mascot is really a big hit. We've had people donate for a costume and our PTA (Parent Teacher Association) is showing my principal costume designs. I told her yeah it would be awesome to have our 6th graders take turns wearing it during school events, and she was like "so you didn't want to wear the costume all the time??" EXCUSE ME, IT IS SO HOT IN THERE. I am a giver of ideas, but I'm not sure about being the mascot for every school event. And how will I teach after waddling as a duck. Usually our events are in the morning. But it won't be the craziest thing I do. I dress up as Santa every year! I might need to pack extra clothes on those days.
Old 05-24-2016, 04:17 AM
Master Fan

I'm really looking forward to my next lesson (Thursday morning), and my bf was super excited how much I liked it, so that was cute too

Sorry for the anticlimax, Miros
But that's so funny about your sister I'd love being taught how to drive by family or a good friend, but unfortunately, that's not legal here And driving stick also isn't that easy the first few times Luckily the instructor is there to keep an eye on the road (and to intervene when necessary, instruction car have double gas/brakes/clutch pedals so the instructor can intervene when things get out of hand ) while I can keep working on getting the hand of the stuff inside the car

I'm really close to having a supervisor, Miros

Cece, yeahhhh I guess I wouldn't wanna be in such a suit on EVERY school event as well But yay for them loving your idea
Old 05-24-2016, 10:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah Miros, it doesn't surprise me at all to hear you come from a family of funny people I'm thinking it definitely runs through your veins!

Omg Cece make sure you don't get stuck with the job of having to wear it every time but that's cool that they like the idea!

Mascha, I'm glad you're liking the driving so much! Hey, did your bf ever hear anything about that job in Utrecht? Sorry if you mentioned that already and I missed it while I was away!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miros (View Post)
How long have you been off the pill? Typically, how long is a person supposed to experience anxiety? Do you feel it might also be due to external circumstances? Were you feeling more tranquility when you were in Turkey?
Hope you feel better very soon.
it differs, I've done so much research on it these past couple weeks and also joined a forum where lots of women are going through the same thing, it's anywhere between 3 months to a year for most to start improving it's rare to happen, but a small percentage of women will experience severe hormone imbalances after going off the pill that can lead to anxiety/other mood related issues. And yeah, external circumstances also definitely influence it, I was feeling way more at ease in Turkey cause I didn't really have to worry about anything while I was there, I mean I didn't even have to cook for myself or anything and most of my days consisted of either going for long walks with the dogs or sitting in the sun and reading but it's also very tied to my cycle. The week before/during the period is the worst, the other two weeks are okay. And that's when I was there, so I can't really tell if it was because of that or because of being there cause the first week there was still bad. Oh well. I'm just taking every day as it comes and not worrying too much about how it's going to go cause that'll just make me worry more!
Old 05-24-2016, 10:52 AM
Fan Forum Legend