Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2013, 09:22 AM
Master Fan

May I please be added?

I was trying not to ship them because I already have way too many ships but it's just hard not to ship these two. They have amazing chemistry and I can't wait to see how their relationship develops this season.
Old 10-11-2013, 09:31 AM
Part-Time Fan

I actually do think there's a truth serum. Coulson's reaction to Ward telling Skye that makes me think Coulson is suspicious of him. I guess it could be interpreted as him trolling Skye, but I'm choosing to believe the alternative. Ward would want Skye to think it was all an act because otherwise, she would continue thinking that he was attracted to her. That's just what I think, but hopefully it's not dropped. It could really provide for an interesting conversation between Skye and Ward about why he would lie about the truth serum.
Old 10-11-2013, 05:42 PM
Master Fan

I also think there is a truth serum. Remember that in the pilot, Grant was really pissed off at Coulson for what he did. It was after he woke up, he said something like "Was it really worth it?" or "And what did this get us?" That scene didn't include Skye. So why would Grant "keep up the act" if she wasn't in the room?

And yes, obviously, he doesn't want for Skye to know that he thinks she's beautiful. That he finds her to be attractive.

"I will not let anything happen to you."
Walter and Paige

credit for the icon: Chiara G
Old 10-11-2013, 07:36 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liliya (View Post)
May I please be added?

I was trying not to ship them because I already have way too many ships but it's just hard not to ship these two. They have amazing chemistry and I can't wait to see how their relationship develops this season.
Yes, you may. Welcome!

I, too, think there is a truth serum, and Ward was just saving face.
Old 10-11-2013, 08:48 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Golightly (View Post)
I actually do think there's a truth serum. Coulson's reaction to Ward telling Skye that makes me think Coulson is suspicious of him. I guess it could be interpreted as him trolling Skye, but I'm choosing to believe the alternative. Ward would want Skye to think it was all an act because otherwise, she would continue thinking that he was attracted to her. That's just what I think, but hopefully it's not dropped. It could really provide for an interesting conversation between Skye and Ward about why he would lie about the truth serum.
Yeah I think the truth serum is real to and Ward is trying to save face

x
GabbyTumblr & Twitter ღ Icon by me
Old 10-11-2013, 09:59 PM
Moderator Manager

That gifset!

Yup, the truth serum is real. That's why Coulson was trying to keep it together and told Skye that it was interesting that Ward told that to her. He's definitely trying to save face and doesn't want Skye to know.

Also, I know it hasn't happened yet but are you all okay with a love triangle? I know that there are complaints elsewhere that this ship is too forced but I'd rather have Grant/Skye this way than have them introduce another man or woman just to create conflict for these two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liliya (View Post)
May I please be added?

Welcome! And same here. I don't want to be shipping anyone on the show but they already sold me in the 2nd ep.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 10-12-2013, 09:37 AM
Master Fan

That gifset is gorgeous

Quote:
Also, I know it hasn't happened yet but are you all okay with a love triangle? I know that there are complaints elsewhere that this ship is too forced but I'd rather have Grant/Skye this way than have them introduce another man or woman just to create conflict for these two.
I don't think that Grant/Skye are being forced at all. I think that so far the writers are doing a great job in building their relationship and having them grow closer. I prefer this route much better than a love triangle. A love triangle is just old, ruins all characters involved and I just hate them lol. I enjoy watching Grant/Skye learn more about each other, and become friends and maybe something more down the line.
Old 10-12-2013, 11:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think they are doing a great job too with them too so far. Unfortunately what I think it comes down to is that some people just don't really like the 'obvious canon couple', in any show and think they are boring, and contrived, no matter what and view it as a show forcing the paring on viewers. I don't care about that though. If a ship has chemistry and a potential for a good story, I will ship it. End of story. I don't care if it's obvious or whatever.

And I couldn't agree more about being happy that they chose not to go the route of a love triangle. Love triangles only drag down a show and the characters, and make everyone involved look bad. I'd much rather prefer when shows choose to build up one pairing over time and let them overcome obstacles together.
I know better
But I still feel you all around icon
Old 10-12-2013, 02:29 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I think they are doing a great job too with them too so far. Unfortunately what I think it comes down to is that some people just don't really like the 'obvious canon couple', in any show and think they are boring, and contrived, no matter what and view it as a show forcing the paring on viewers. I don't care about that though. If a ship has chemistry and a potential for a good story, I will ship it. End of story. I don't care if it's obvious or whatever.
Yes, that's very true. Shipping is an individual's perspective and everybody has their own opinions and views. I'm just going to enjoy the relationship between Grant/Skye. I seem to fall more in love with them after every episode.
Old 10-12-2013, 05:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm really really hoping that we never get a love triangle. That's so trite and stupid. There are ways to create tension and obstacles for a couple without having to resort to inserting another person in the mix. I'm hoping the writers have more sense than that.
Old 10-12-2013, 07:38 PM
Part-Time Fan

You all are my kind of people.

I agree with everyone about a love triangle and how the relationship isn't being forced (only to people who don't like them). I hate love triangles, for the most part. Sometimes they work, depending on the situation, but most of the time I feel it cheapens not only the characters, but the relationships themselves. But this seems to be the kind of show that wouldn't really have any serious love triangles.
Old 10-12-2013, 07:42 PM
Master Fan

Um, NO triangles please. It's not a soap opera. It's an action tv show.

I personally hate triangles.

And I LOVE the way that Grant/Skye are developing. Finally, a show isn't planning on dragging a pairing for years and years with constant teasing and no payoff!

We are actually seeing FORWARD movement with them which is so rare! I'm enjoying their pace!

"I will not let anything happen to you."
Walter and Paige

credit for the icon: Chiara G
Old 10-12-2013, 08:02 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)

I don't feel that they are being forced at all. It feels very natural to me, I really hope for no love triangles..just please..no. I don't mind someone flirting with one of them and the other getting jealous. I'd like to see Ward jealous and starting to realize that he was feelings for her cause I feel out of the two of them he'll have a harder time coming to terms with his feelings.

x
GabbyTumblr & Twitter ღ Icon by me
Old 10-13-2013, 05:22 AM
Moderator Manager

Thanks for all your thoughts everyone.

I really don't like a love triangle at this point (or ever). And yes, I agree that finally there's a show that doesn't drag a pair along with no payoff. Though I wouldn't count out some angst just yet. I don't know how Mo & Jed would want these two to hook-up but I think at some point they will break our hearts. This is after all a "Joss" show.

ETA: Btw, I love that gifset.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Last edited by L i N d $ @ y; 10-13-2013 at 08:32 AM
Old 10-13-2013, 02:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
I don't know how Mo & Jed would want these two to hook-up but I think at some point they will break our hearts. This is after all a "Joss" show.
Oh yeah, since this is a "Joss" show I'm pretty much preparing for the heartbreak already. I don't mind a 'third party' or some jealousy necessarily along the way as long as it's smartly done and it's not really serious in the end. As far as the big angst, when it happens, I hope its not involving another person, but all about them and overcoming it together.
I know better
But I still feel you all around icon