Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2015, 07:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I just watched the panel and it did seem like a joke/a way to get the suspense up even more. And that DEFINITELY worked cause now on top of the hundreds of theories I already had floating around in my head there's a voice that's going "BUT WHAT IF ZOMBIE/GHOST!JEMMA??"
Old 07-11-2015, 07:08 AM
Master Fan

I just finished watching it too, and yes it appears to be a joke.
Elizabeth's closing words, "Pray for me!"

Initially, the people who were live-blogging didn't add a "haha" to the end of their statement which caused a lot of confusion from my part.

Zombie Jemma going out on her date with Fitz.
Old 07-11-2015, 07:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

yeah I'm kind of glad I didn't follow people live tweeting it because that would've scared me so much

Her pray for me comment I love that those were the last words of the panel. As if I haven't been praying for Jemma all hiatus, Liz

I posted an interview with her and Iain in the news thread. From that, I think she DEFINITELY knows what's going to happen to her even if she insists she doesn't which is reassuring to me in a way.
Old 07-11-2015, 08:43 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for posting the video!
Yes, Elizabeth seems to have a sense of humor about what's happening to Simmons, so yes, being a Simmons fan, I do find that comforting.

Last edited by Tech Noir; 07-11-2015 at 04:05 PM
Old 07-12-2015, 08:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigo sunrise (View Post)
I just watched the panel and it did seem like a joke/a way to get the suspense up even more. And that DEFINITELY worked cause now on top of the hundreds of theories I already had floating around in my head there's a voice that's going "BUT WHAT IF ZOMBIE/GHOST!JEMMA??"
I HAD THAT THOUGHT TOO. Are we dealing with the undead now? But, that has to be a joke because, like mentioned, I don't think they would have said it - especially while smiling. Their demeanor and facial expressions show they are just teasing us.
Old 07-13-2015, 12:24 PM
Master Fan

SDCC interview with Adrianne and Nick:

"With Simmons missing (...)"

Might that be a small spoiler concerning Jemma for the start of season 3?
Old 07-13-2015, 12:41 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for bringing that over, Mascha! You know, it's hard for me to tell sometimes what is a joke and what is real with this cast. They tease us way too much!
Was Bobbi an accomplished biochemist??? Was I not paying attention? Or is the joke on me?

Old 07-13-2015, 12:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I definitely noticed that slip up too in that interview! I think it's pretty interesting if Jemma is still missing the first episode and we get to see a bit of the team worrying about her/trying to find her, but I also really hope that she does come back in that same episode because if we're going to have a repeat of the start of s2 where we won't see Jemma again for the first bit I will not be amused

Bobbi is a biochemist in the comics, but I don't think it has been mentioned in the show before at all I was actually waiting for there to be a moment between Jemma and Bobbi all season where they geeked out about something in the lab together but then it never happened. So that is going to come kind of out of nowhere for people who aren't familiar with the comics I think...

Liz looked so gorgeous in that jumpsuit thanks for posting those pics!
Old 07-13-2015, 01:08 PM
Master Fan

You're welcome.

Thanks for explaining the Bobbi/ biochemist bit.

As far as the cast knowing if Simmons is missing, there's an interview where Elizabeth and Iain were asked what episode they thought Simmons would be found. Elizabeth said the first; Iain said episode 22.

‘Agents of SHIELD’ could take anywhere from 1 to 22 episodes to explain what happened to Simmons | Zap2It
Old 07-13-2015, 02:09 PM
Master Fan

Well, she was reading it from a piece of paper, so, yeah, I don't know Didn't really sounds like a joke to me!

Didn't she mention it sometime? Ah, I need to rewatch season 2
Old 07-13-2015, 02:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

yeah it really is too bad that they hadn't started filming yet before comic con or at least seen the first script, they would've been able to answer some more questions and maybe slip up accidentally some more
Old 07-13-2015, 03:03 PM
Master Fan

Yeah, I think you're both right. The cast probably knows Simmons is missing when the season begins; maybe the part they don't know is how long it will be before she's found.

Last edited by Tech Noir; 07-13-2015 at 03:13 PM
Old 07-13-2015, 03:07 PM
Elite Fan

I kind of feel like they'd be able to stretch at least certain aspects to the Simmons mystery out until maybe the mid season finale, after that it might be pushing it.
Old 07-13-2015, 03:08 PM
Master Fan

Who knows We know time has passed between the S2 finale and the S3 premiere. Probably a couple of months (or weeks), like last time If that's true, she would have been missing for quite a while
Old 07-13-2015, 03:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't mind if the mystery takes a while to solve, that would be great actually. I just want her physically back on my screen the first episode! doesn't matter in what way.