Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2013, 06:12 PM
Elite Fan

The episode really picked up in the last 20 minutes. The show itself is definitely starting to come together and team chemistry was at its best. That being said, it's probably my least favourite so far (though I may need a rewatch). There were pacing and tonal problems. But it's only the third episode of the series, so I'm nowhere near writing this show off. The post credits scene was very interesting, though. The introduction of the first "supervillain" definitely has me more excited.

Also, not enough Fitzsimmons!

Last edited by gingerly; 10-08-2013 at 06:44 PM
Old 10-08-2013, 08:10 PM
Obsessed Fan

My least favourite episode so far, but still a good episode. I agree that the pacing was a little too rushed and such.

I loved seeing David Conrad, as I know him from Ghost Whisperer. And I'm also very excited about the introduction to our first super villain!

I'm still not liking Skye, but I think it has more to do with the actress. I really hope she steps up her game, I'm really not finding her performances believable.

And I agree, not enough Fitsimmons!

Looking forward to next week.

Previously, 'WileyDairyGnome'
Old 10-09-2013, 02:29 AM
Moderator Manager

Not my favorite ep too, I liked last week's ep more.

Overall I still like it though, mainly because of the guest stars. David Conrad I remember from Roswell ( ) and Ian Hart is part of the HP universe (he also used an American accent on this and he nailed it). I heard Quinn's recurring and we'll probably see Hall back as Graviton, at least I'm hoping we'll get back to him at some point.

I agree, not enough FitzSimmons & Melinda May. But I did like that the ep had less LOLs this time and it has a more serious tone to it. Also because I'm more of a sucker for team dynamics (that's why I enjoyed last week's ep) and although this was a team effort, it was divided because Melinda/FitzSimmons were on the bus and Ward/Skye/Coulson were on field.

And Coulson can't even assemble a gun properly. Please tell me this is not Tahiti related. AAAAAAHHHH.

Another favorite part of mine, Fitz screaming at Melinda May to "MOVE!" Love him.

ETA: I kind of love that Coulson is responsible for the creation of a super villain. Yikes!

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Last edited by L i N d $ @ y; 10-09-2013 at 02:52 AM
Old 10-09-2013, 04:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I thought the episode was okay. I agree that it wasn't the best.

Loved seeing David Conrad though. Been a fan of his since his days on Roswell. (And he'll be coming out in tonight's Law & Order: SVU ep!) .

The storyline reminded me too much of the Spiderman 2 story with Doc Oc and his quest for the Tridum so that's what made the story slightly lagging for me.

Not a fan of Fitzsimmons. Just don't understand those two. It's just a language barrier thing for me since I can't understand half of what they're saying and then I can't understand the other science techy stuff.

Melinda May is definatately my favorite character though. Ming Na Wen has been a favorite actress of mine since back when she did the voice for Mulan and I loved her on ER. I so can't wait for May to get back in the field. She didn't want that but she hated being on the sidelines more so it's gonna be great to see her in action.
Emma♥Neal
Old 10-09-2013, 05:28 AM
Loyal Fan

I'm specially puzzled with the end. Villain vibe, anyone?
Old 10-09-2013, 07:37 AM
Master Fan

Kind of another slow week for me for the show. Though the closing 15-20 minutes were good. I may be the in the minority but for me the pilot was the best of what we got so far.

I am not a fan of Skye. If she gets killed off at some point no big loss. Kind of wanting to be honest. Really annoying unlikable character.

Last edited by The Survivor; 10-10-2013 at 07:11 PM
Old 10-09-2013, 10:15 PM
Moderator Manager

I think I'd have to agree with some of the reviews I've read that while this isn't my favorite ep, this ep introduced us to a super villain and by the looks of it, we'll be seeing Graviton on future eps. It definitely opened up a storyline we will see soon. I think this will retaliate for Coulson in the future eps. I think what's missing from this show is the "I can't wait to see what happens next" emotion that a show should be getting these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_Cullen (View Post)
The storyline reminded me too much of the Spiderman 2 story with Doc Oc and his quest for the Tridum so that's what made the story slightly lagging for me.
Interesting that you brought this up. I've forgotten much about Spiderman 2 and I think I may need to rewatch to see the similarity.

Old 10-10-2013, 08:35 AM
Elite Fan

The ending, villain vibe definitely, that'll definitely be coming back into play at some point.

Great guest stars this episode.

Skye is puzzling, during the ep she seemed to be trying to double cross, but then she seemed to be all about the shield. Definitely some confliction there.

Coulson being a bit "off" was kinda amusing.

Melinda finally agreeing to be part of the action, I like it. This episode definitely lacked her and fitzsimmons
If you love someone you gotta make a sound
HIMYM 10 YEARS
Old 10-10-2013, 09:57 PM
Moderator Manager

I don't think Skye will double cross SHIELD this early. They'll play it up in more episodes.

And yes, definitely a villain vibe in the end. I don't read the comics but Dr. Franklin Hall will become Graviton from what I've read. This will all blow over soon for Coulson.

Old 10-11-2013, 02:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I've seen the episode. I enjoyed it, but agree that there wasn't enough of Firzsimmons. I completely adore both of them and I want more of them.

I'm also not big on reading comic books, but I was thinking at the end of the episode that Dr Franklin was going to come back as a villain. Thanks for the info regarding Graviton.

What is going on with Coulson and why was he having trouble with his gun? Am I meant to be worried about it or what?
Old 10-11-2013, 10:03 PM
Moderator Manager

Yes, we're meant to be worried about that. I think we're getting Tahiti in small doses in every ep. They're teasing us about it that's for sure.

Like I said, I hope he's not a LMD because that will suck (and I think too easy because everyone's thinking this). Where is Maria Hill & Dr. Streiten? They know the answers!

Old 10-12-2013, 06:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I thought so. I don't want him to be an LMD, either. I don't know if I looking forward to finding out what's going on with him.

I actually googled Franklin Hill/Graviton to find out more about. Sounds interesting.
Old 10-13-2013, 04:24 AM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by albion_princess (View Post)
I actually googled Franklin Hill/Graviton to find out more about. Sounds interesting.
Me too because I wasn't familiar with him and don't read the comics.

Old 10-13-2013, 08:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I did sorta guess he was going to become a villain, but then I have watched enough comic book films to make an educated guess.
Old 10-13-2013, 09:29 PM
Moderator Manager

I wonder if we get to see Graviton soon if we'll also see Ian Quinn back?