Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2017, 02:37 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I don't mind the Revival/PT stuff because it is connected to the science.

I still think Alison's episode this season was largely disconnected but the difference this season was that something productive came out of it and Alison realised she needed to find herself. Usually her episodes are just fun and games and nothing changes.
Old 07-12-2017, 07:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It's as boring as the Castor thing to me
Old 07-12-2017, 01:26 PM
New Fan

im only on ep5 of first series, not overly convinced by it, does it get any better?
Old 07-12-2017, 02:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Convinced by what, exactly? Season 1 is pretty much everyone's favorite, but I know people who thought the show got better later on
Old 07-13-2017, 03:34 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora Cormier (View Post)
It's as boring as the Castor thing to me
I didn't mind Castor.
Old 07-13-2017, 04:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I didn't mind them when I rewatched recently. Maybe one day I'll be able to enjoy season 5 as well
Old 07-13-2017, 02:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

When do we think Alison is coming back? I'm surprised that it's looking like she'll miss 3 in a row, maybe even 4. It's almost like she isn't one of the big three anymore.
Old 07-15-2017, 04:13 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I've honestly not missed her at all these past few episodes. I think they did the right thing having her go somewhere rather than us just assuming she's sitting in the suburbs living her life while everyone else is on high alert.
Old 07-16-2017, 03:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less Than Perfect (View Post)
I've honestly not missed her at all these past few episodes. I think they did the right thing having her go somewhere rather than us just assuming she's sitting in the suburbs living her life while everyone else is on high alert.
Yeah I mean I'm more than happy for Alison to be with Oscar and Gemma I'm just surprised we're so near the end and like Kira has had more screentime than her. It's not what I expected.
Old 07-16-2017, 04:04 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scully_fan (View Post)
Yeah I mean I'm more than happy for Alison to be with Oscar and Gemma I'm just surprised we're so near the end and like Kira has had more screentime than her. It's not what I expected.
TBH, I wouldn't be surprised if Allison wasn't spending time with Oscar and Gemma, but their biology is already known to Dyad as not being even remotely as relevant to "science" as Kira's (and besides, given just how few episodes we got with them included last season and their seeming growth spurts, I'm guessing that they're not going to show up for pure logistics reasons).

Her episode didn't really seem to be all about her desire to spend time being a "soccer mom" but rather her need to be more than just a suburban mom while her sestras are off doing stuff like breaking into her house while heavily pregnant and killing the people who have come to attack and kill herself and her husband, then pulling her out into the wilderness of living in a sort of yurt, eating offal and not having any plan to do better, especially after being abducted by cultish Neos while her husband ran away.

Which isn't normal suburban mom stuff unless you're starring in an episode of Bewitched, except without the ability to twitch your nose or set off a spell to make everyone forget what just happened, so I don't blame her for having been relegated to some sort of "rehab 2.0" for the last few episodes (and, given that I can't imagine that much more than a week has passed since Sarah got off the island, it doesn't seem horrific to me that she's been AWOL), precisely if she's been working on stuff that keeps Oscar and Gemma and Donnie safe.
Old 07-16-2017, 06:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm happy with where they left Alison, but I agree that I didn't expect to see so little of her in the last season
Old 07-17-2017, 01:46 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I don't mind it so much. At least there seems to be some hope that when she is back next week that she'll be contributing to the rest of the clone drama.
Old 07-17-2017, 02:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I believe Alison missed her kids hopeless romantic and that's where she has been. 100% sure she will say that's where she was.
Old 07-18-2017, 12:28 AM
Addicted Fan

I'm sure she missed her kids too, but who's saying that she can't go visit them and find ways to Skype with Fee and his sister, or to get back in touch with Ramon, since we know that he's connected to an entire underworld that his fresh face seems to belie....

But what do I know (except that I can't imagine her wanting to stay with her mom even a single night, and she told Donnie that she wanted to spend some time thinking about who she might be outside of a wife and mother).

BTW, just in case anyone on this forum hasn't figured it out, my screen name is semi-ironic (the clue is the screen-grab from the movie Citizen Kane...).