Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-30-2016, 02:16 AM
Fan Forum Legend

It's definitely different to the last couple of years, but I'm not minding it. Maybe a bit more promo would be nice. I prefer this to knowing half the scenes of the first three episodes though.
Old 03-30-2016, 10:33 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less Than Perfect (View Post)
It's definitely different to the last couple of years, but I'm not minding it. Maybe a bit more promo would be nice. I prefer this to knowing half the scenes of the first three episodes though.
There's quite a bit on the Orphan Black Twitter feed (including all of the "Men of Orphan Black" interviews from Wondercon).

I'm feeling quite spoiled, but rather hungry for the actual episodes....

Old 03-30-2016, 04:57 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by root (View Post)
maybe it's for the best
yeah, i think so. i feel like s2 & s3's promos spoiled way too much of the first 1-3 episodes. i like how this is more back to s1 where it's much more vague
S T A R D U S T
Old 03-30-2016, 05:40 PM
Addicted Fan

There's an amazing treasure trove of news/spoilers/interviews that have been posted at:

https://twitter.com/OrphanBlack

I'm really excited, and I'm not even really into the show's Tumblr page, but I know that quite a few interviews happened at Wondercon, so anyone lurking for spoilers might want to go to the show's social media sites to know that a lot's been happening....

It's true that patterns seem to have changed, but given that the change seems to be deliberate, I guess going to "original sources" seems to be in order....

A new promo has been released with new footage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHVD...ature=youtu.be

There's been an amazing flurry of new stuff (spoilers massively included!!! -- so beware):

ww.yahoo.com/tv/orphan-black-livestream-watch-the-cast-and-154935122.html should be enough to make anyone wish they didn't know anything, provided that that's their desire, but the moments between cast and producers were so happy and excited....

And then there's Tatiana's visit to Stephen Colbert:

http://www.cbs.com/shows/the-late-sh...jared-grimes-/

No April fool's joking around (it aired 3/31) with the first concrete footage I've seen of Cosima as part of Tat's reel from the show....

Last edited by hopeless romantic; 04-01-2016 at 09:44 AM
Old 04-01-2016, 05:54 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for the videos.

Really liking this new Space trailer.

Last edited by Less Than Perfect; 04-01-2016 at 06:05 PM
Old 04-02-2016, 01:35 PM
Moderator Support Team

oh, cool trailer. thanks for posting.
S T A R D U S T
Old 04-02-2016, 02:46 PM
Master Fan

space always had the better trailers/promos.

VISIT ORPHAN BLACK
manu [twitter]
Old 04-03-2016, 12:21 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I wonder if that's because they always come out after the BBC America ones and they tend to use different footage as a result.
Old 04-03-2016, 05:32 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
i've always found that canadian promos about any show are usually better.
S T A R D U S T
Old 04-07-2016, 03:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't know if this should be in spoiler tags but, the first four minutes of the premiere:

Honestly Paul. PAUL. Like I get that it's a flashback, but I'm annoyed on principle with the way his death vs. Delphine being shot was handled in S3, so the last thing I wanted to see was his damn face in the first minute of the new season. I mean are they kidding me right now? I'm sure i'll be over this by next week but for now I'm irked.

As for the actual clip, honestly, I thought Graeme and John had said before they'd never do flashbacks so I'm a bit miffed at that too, unless I'm wrong ofc but I'm sure they said they wouldn't.
Old 04-07-2016, 04:29 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scully_fan (View Post)
I don't know if this should be in spoiler tags but, the first four minutes of the premiere:

Honestly Paul. PAUL. Like I get that it's a flashback, but I'm annoyed on principle with the way his death vs. Delphine being shot was handled in S3, so the last thing I wanted to see was his damn face in the first minute of the new season. I mean are they kidding me right now? I'm sure i'll be over this by next week but for now I'm irked.

As for the actual clip, honestly, I thought Graeme and John had said before they'd never do flashbacks so I'm a bit miffed at that too, unless I'm wrong ofc but I'm sure they said they wouldn't.
Yeah, it probably deserved spoiler tags, lol.

I'm fairly certain that, when they announced that they were re-visiting Beth's life, that anything they said about flashbacks became moot (at least in my mind). What I hadn't expected and am delighted to see was Paul.

He died as a hero after being one of the most dangerous, shady characters on the show, so it's nice to know that we might get an insight into how he entered into the conspiracy.

Which is not to diss Delphine. It's just to say that comparing love interests is clearly not the point of Orphan Black.
Old 04-07-2016, 04:47 PM
Master Fan

no need for spoiler tags. video has been officially released.

Quote:
Honestly Paul. PAUL
yep. what a great start to the season.

VISIT ORPHAN BLACK
manu [twitter]
Old 04-07-2016, 05:17 PM
Addicted Fan

Yes, Paul.

"It was never Beth I loved."

Aka, he's no competition for shippers (I've never actually known any Beth/Paul shippers) to compare and feel aggrieved.

But he's an important figure in terms of "why did Beth off herself in front of Sarah?" and that means that he's an important part of the mystery.

Please don't hate the actor for the fact that his character was so hard to like (any more than you would hate the actor who played Henrik Johanssen, who is an amazing actor in his own right). He read his lines. He did his job, and OB isn't a show for shippers because it's a thriller about unknown evils, in which just about everybody is evil to some degree or other.

Even Delphine was evil at times. Yeah, she looked great, but Fee was entirely right when he said that her appearance was <condensed> bad news.
Old 04-07-2016, 05:36 PM
Loyal Fan

I don't hate Dylan Bruce because of his character. I dislike Dylan Bruce because he phones it in. But I don't see anyone actually insulting Dylan Bruce in this thread until me, so.

savannah · (c)
Old 04-07-2016, 05:46 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by everlanded (View Post)
I don't hate Dylan Bruce because of his character. I dislike Dylan Bruce because he phones it in. But I don't see anyone actually insulting Dylan Bruce in this thread until me, so.
So he probably wasn't the greatest actor in the history of OB. I refuse to agree that he "phones it in" purely because most of the actors on the show say that they don't understand the plot until they've given a performance that satisfied the writers/producers.

So, does anyone really need to make a list of "I wasn't convinced by _________ actor" in order to enjoy the show? Because that doesn't seem to be a problem with the actors as much as it seems to be a problem with writers/producers who aren't creating fiction according to predictable rules.