Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2017, 03:41 AM
Fan Forum Legend

So they released an Alison teaser.

Is it just me or is her hand somewhat rubbing her stomach?
Old 05-02-2017, 04:33 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less Than Perfect (View Post)
So they released an Alison teaser.

Is it just me or is her hand somewhat rubbing her stomach?
ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh no
S T A R D U S T
Old 05-02-2017, 09:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Is it a 5-second thing I just saw on Instagram? I don't think that means anything, she was just taking a deep breath, like take a deep breath, season 5 is coming
Old 05-02-2017, 09:49 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
I don't think that means anything,
hopefully not ....
S T A R D U S T
Old 05-02-2017, 05:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

But how could she be pregnant? Or would the cure also make the clones fertile?

It'd suck for Gemma and Oscar. It's like Alison has no real investment in them. It has always bothered me about her character tbh.
Old 05-03-2017, 03:42 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I mean, not that she is pregnant (God I hope not), but maybe that she's thinking more about wanting to have her own biological children. Which wouldn't be far off from some of her scenes from S4.

For a show that is pretty big on making your own family and not needing a blood relation, the way Alison treats her kids is crap. I guess Felix did it too last season and that really pissed me off.
Old 05-03-2017, 04:29 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
For a show that is pretty big on making your own family and not needing a blood relation, the way Alison treats her kids is crap.
right? i hate how alison cares so much about having her own biological kids when she already HAS two kids.
S T A R D U S T
Old 05-03-2017, 10:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Alison's wish for biological children even though she already has a perfect family, to me, is like when I read/hear women who say their motherhood experience wasn't complete because they didn't have a natural birth in the water or because they couldn't breastfeed, even though she and the baby and the family are just fine. It's like even though everything turns out great in the end, it still isn't perfect because it didn't go as planned, the way you thought it was supposed to be, the way you were told your whole life that it was supposed to be and you believed it (and it's SO hard to let go of those beliefs once you have them). And Alison looks exactly like the kind of person who had everything carefully planned for her life, and being infertile certainly wasn't a part of that plan. So I do understand her, and I don't judge her, because this following the script thing is something I can definitely relate to. Not when it comes to having children, specifically, but other life aspects.

Anyway, like I said, I don't think that 5 second clip means anything. I put my hand on my stomach all the time, and I'm not pregnant or wishing to be
Old 05-03-2017, 12:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't judge her for feeling sad about it or for having wistful moments about it, but she does seem to not actually love the kids she does have fully because of it and I judge that a little bit. I guess I mean to say if she ever did have a kid it comes across that she'd love that kid so much more and I find that upsetting. Or it could be that the show just doesn't feature Oscar and Gemma enough, but it does make Alison look a bit sketch towards them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Less Than Perfect (View Post)
For a show that is pretty big on making your own family and not needing a blood relation, the way Alison treats her kids is crap. I guess Felix did it too last season and that really pissed me off.
At least Felix learnt in the end that his family isn't Adele in the same way Sarah/Mrs S is. That's the difference Alison will always be kinda resentful that her kids aren't biologically hers.

ETA:

Worst one to date. Also Art, you are forgetting MURDER in this list of crimes.

Last edited by Scully_fan; 05-03-2017 at 02:58 PM
Old 05-03-2017, 05:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
it could be that the show just doesn't feature Oscar and Gemma enough, but it does make Alison look a bit sketch towards them.
The thing is, from the very beginning, Alison did everything she could to keep them away from the clone drama. And she actually can do that because both she and Donnie have families who aren't involved in it. Totally different from Sarah, whose mom and brother are in the mess just as much as she is. When I look at it that way, i makes sense that they're not featured as much, even though I do wish we'd see them more. Specially interacting with the other clones, and with Kira too, that'd have been cute.

Wanting to get pregnant when you already have children who were adopted does not, in any way, invalidate your love for them, or mean that they aren't enough. Just as wanting to meet your biological parents doesn't mean you don't love your adoptive parents or think they weren't enough or not real parents. Some things in life are about us only, our own wishes, and they have nothing to do with how we feel about other people. Does that make sense?

Quote:
That's the difference Alison will always be kinda resentful that her kids aren't biologically hers.
Again, that has nothing to do with the kids, it has to do with HER not being able to experience pregnancy. This is about her, not them. Her infertility and her being a mom to Oscar/Gemma are two separate things entirely. It's 100% possible to wish you could get pregnant while still loving the children you've adopted.

I guess this is something that annoys me because I've always thought about adopting, regardless of being able to get pregnant, so it doesn't make sense to me, this idea that you'll love one kid more than the other because of how you had them. And in the same way, Alison may think about getting pregnant if she ever has the chance regardless of having adopted.

I think it's always important to remember that their infertility isn't something natural, that just happened. Other people decided that they wouldn't conceive, designed them that way. Of course they weren't always aware of it, so Alison could see it as God's plan or something, since she's religious. But after finding out it wasn't the case, and seeing how pregnancy still worked out for Sarah and Helena it's not weird to me that she'd start thinking about it again.

Quote:
Art, you are forgetting MURDER in this list of crimes
You mean Leekie's murder? Did Art know about that? I don't even remember, I only remember them telling Cosima about it.

Btw, there was a 5 second clip of Cosima today, as well. I'll try to find it and post it here. I'm so in love with that red dress
Old 05-04-2017, 03:27 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Cosima looked great in that dress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scully_fan (View Post)
At least Felix learnt in the end that his family isn't Adele in the same way Sarah/Mrs S is. That's the difference Alison will always be kinda resentful that her kids aren't biologically hers.
He did, but it took him a damn long time. Yes Sarah wasn't always the greatest to him and his problems have come second to hers but she still didn't deserve some of the things he said to her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora Cormier (View Post)
Wanting to get pregnant when you already have children who were adopted does not, in any way, invalidate your love for them, or mean that they aren't enough. Just as wanting to meet your biological parents doesn't mean you don't love your adoptive parents or think they weren't enough or not real parents. Some things in life are about us only, our own wishes, and they have nothing to do with how we feel about other people. Does that make sense?
I totally get the biological parents vs adoptive parents reference and yes, that makes sense, but there's just something about the way Alison sometimes treats Oscar and Gemma that rubs me the wrong way.
Old 05-04-2017, 03:59 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
I don't judge her for feeling sad about it or for having wistful moments about it, but she does seem to not actually love the kids she does have fully because of it and I judge that a little bit. I guess I mean to say if she ever did have a kid it comes across that she'd love that kid so much more and I find that upsetting. Or it could be that the show just doesn't feature Oscar and Gemma enough
mte.

i get that it's different because alison HAD to adopt in order to have kids, but i think the show has not done a great job of exploring alison's feelings and the complexity of the situation. so it always comes across that alison is lowkey "jealous" of sarah and would rather have biological kids than her adopted ones. i'm not saying this is true or even their intention, just that writing in OB isn't the best.
S T A R D U S T
Old 05-04-2017, 09:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
there's just something about the way Alison sometimes treats Oscar and Gemma that rubs me the wrong way.
Examples, please?

Quote:
it always comes across that alison is lowkey "jealous" of sarah
Again, she's jealous of the fact that Sarah can get pregnant because that's something she would like to experience. Not because biological kids are better than adopted kids. You know that thing of feeling the baby kick, rubbing your belly, etc? Some people dream of that. Some people would give anything to go through that because they think it must feel amazing. That doesn't seem to have ever been Sarah's case. She never seemed to be the kind of person who dreamed of motherhood, yet she got that - and took it for granted constantly. Alison had the house, the husband, the stability, she was all set, and it didn't happen. It's one of those situations where it feels "unfair" that someone got what you wanted so badly when they weren't even trying.
Old 05-04-2017, 05:47 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Again, she's jealous of the fact that Sarah can get pregnant because that's something she would like to experience. Not because biological kids are better than adopted kids. You know that thing of feeling the baby kick, rubbing your belly, etc? Some people dream of that. Some people would give anything to go through that because they think it must feel amazing. That doesn't seem to have ever been Sarah's case. She never seemed to be the kind of person who dreamed of motherhood, yet she got that - and took it for granted constantly. Alison had the house, the husband, the stability, she was all set, and it didn't happen. It's one of those situations where it feels "unfair" that someone got what you wanted so badly when they weren't even trying.
i get what you're saying, but i still think it's not written well/explored enough, which is my main issue with it.
S T A R D U S T
Old 05-04-2017, 09:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ I get that, the same thing can be perceived in different ways by different viewers