Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2015, 11:32 AM
Addicted Fan

I love BDP for the fact that he was an enigma.

He was hot (because Dylan Bruce is definitely toned, lol), but was even more so because he was mysterious.

You never quite knew what he intended, and that was enough allure that most guys aspire to and most girls hate at the finality of their relationship with said (deservedly). AKA, he was the dream-boat, but never the "happily ever after" type.

But the actor seems to be much more of the "real deal," in as much that his trek to ComicCon this year seems to have depicted him having such a bond with the other actors that he was willing to subject himself to all sorts of infamy for the fans of his co-workers on OB (which is not what someone who "plays the ham"/actually thinks he's "BDP" tends to do).

Last edited by hopeless romantic; 08-06-2015 at 12:13 PM
Old 08-06-2015, 11:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
He's hot? That not enough? hah, okay. Well I liked how dedicated to Sarah he was. I also liked how he also was very flawed. He wasn't perfect, but I never viewed him as the bad guy either. He was mysterious and you never knew what was going on, but that was okay, it kept people guessing
LOL, no, not enough For me, he became too dubious at one point, and that's when I lost interest, because instead of finding him mysterious, as you said, I just felt like the writers had no idea where to go with the character anymore But before that, yeah, I liked him and he did seem to really care about Sarah. I just don't know if Sarah felt the same way, I mean, if she cared as much, you know. She didn't seem that devastated when he died, and he had pretty much said ILY right before that happened
Old 08-07-2015, 06:15 AM
Fan Forum Star

I know. His last scene with her was so heartbreaking. I do believe she cared.
Old 08-07-2015, 12:30 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Khaleesi~ (View Post)
LOL, no, not enough For me, he became too dubious at one point, and that's when I lost interest, because instead of finding him mysterious, as you said, I just felt like the writers had no idea where to go with the character anymore But before that, yeah, I liked him and he did seem to really care about Sarah. I just don't know if Sarah felt the same way, I mean, if she cared as much, you know. She didn't seem that devastated when he died, and he had pretty much said ILY right before that happened

Totes agree that Sarah didn't feel the same for him.

I think there was a point at which that was a possibility, but after his decision to go dark and threaten to kill the guy who... used to have a demonic tail/tale to tell Leakey, I realized that he chose his allegiance to "staying alive, staying alive" over Sarah.

Which is the reason his death seems so poignant to me. I'm quite clear that he put his own life behind that of saving the world via the Castor clones (and realized just how misguided that goal was, hence the bomb intended to vaporize the research).

But Sarah was a very close second (and, when women knowingly set aside their worries to send a loved-one off to war, there's gotta be grief to go along with duty), and now she's living with teh reality that loving someone who's okay with wearing dog-tags as the only proof that someone you've lost isn't just MIA, she needs to be doing the "normal" course of grief, and the first stage is one that she's passed, aka, she's never been tempted into denial... yet..., but then again, she's human enough that she might have the occasional lapse into, "I should have trusted him more/sooner...".
Old 08-09-2015, 07:00 AM
Fan Forum Star

I can imagine that his death would weigh on her mind. She seemed shocked by his admission and then go sacrifice himself for her.
Old 08-09-2015, 12:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

it was rather sudden
Old 08-10-2015, 09:14 AM
Addicted Fan

It wasn't without precedent, though.

When he saved her from killing Rachel, he took a pretty big, impossible gamble, in terms of "how can I resolve this situation without compromising my cover?," (ditto when he told the guy who used to have a tail to keep his mouth shut, and not to mention his 'tude when he met Cal....).

IOW, he did show that his feelings for Sarah were strong enough that he kept stepping outside of his "duty" from almost the beginning, when she seduced him on the kitchen counter.

I think it's arguable that his devotion to doing "the right thing" was simply stronger than his love for either the Castor project or his love for Sarah, and that, when he knew he was dying, all of his love of life, all of the loves of his life became meaningless to his desire to vindicate himself and all of the bad decisions he'd had to make in the name of righteousness.