Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2013, 11:14 PM
Absolute Fan

One other thing about the episode:
Given that we see the Red Queen's soldiers throughout the flashback portions of the episode, I'm inclined to believe that said scenes take place DURING the Curse, when Cora would be in the Enchanted Forest with Hook, as opposed to BEFORE it, when she still would've been in control of the land

We do know that Adam and Eddy have said that we'll see flashbacks to pre-Curse Wonderland, but they never said whether or not those scenes would involve the Red Queen, and given that we know they definitely want to get Barbara Hershey involved, I'm inclined to believe that any pre-Curse stuff we see will feature her, with any continued flashbacks that involve the Red Queen being set following Cora's departure from Wonderland with Hook as seen in the OUaT episode Queen of Hearts.
"Two hearts. One happy. One sad." - Thirteenth Doctor
Old 10-10-2013, 11:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm a little sad that some of the scenes from the promos were reshot. The ones from the promo seemed so much more feelings wise. Seeing them changed I don't feel as moved as I did the first time around. The Queen's "Oops" when Cyrus was pushed off seemed weak.
Tumblr || icon by me || Josie
Old 10-10-2013, 11:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah I noticed a scene was different. The hole the rabbit made that took them back to Wonderland was a different area.
Old 10-10-2013, 11:38 PM
Absolute Fan

I'm not sure whether they actually reshot some stuff from the first 20 minutes of the episode (which comprised their initial 'pitch presentation' to the network) or just used different takes/cuts in the final edit.
Old 10-10-2013, 11:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah that whole scene was redone. I remember getting like a flutter when she said "you need to help me get back mine" It was a moving scene. The promo really had me. The actual scene from the episode was kind of blah. I still like the episode though. I wonder why they changed it.
Old 10-10-2013, 11:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Agree. I still liked the scene, but I got a bit attached to the one in the trailer. I wonder why they did as well.
Old 10-11-2013, 04:46 AM
Moderator Manager

That was a great Pilot, I love it!

I like how they intertwined the story of Alice in the asylum and flashbacks of her time in Wonderland.

Right now I'm really liking the trio of Cyrus/Alice/Knave. For me, Sophie is the strongest of all and she is great in this role. I also like The Rabbit. It's too bad he has split loyalties.

I also like The Red Queen and Jafar, perhaps Jafar more since I like Naveen. I feel like Emma's still getting used to her role but I don't want another Regina 2.0 on this show so she has to give it her own spin.

I'm very interested with what the Knave has done in Wonderland and why he's in trouble. Did I hear right, his name's Will? I'm also looking forward to Jafar/Red Queen's plans. If RQ purposely made Cyrus fall and Jafar 'saved' him, they need him for something and obviously they got where they wanted Alice to be. Their whole conversation was a little confusing to me but perhaps we'll know more of their plans in future eps.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 10-11-2013, 05:27 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigificWriter (View Post)
^ I believe that Adam and Eddy indicated that the episode's Storybrooke-set scenes were supposed to be occurring during the events of the Season 2 premiere Broken.
Is it still? The original 20 min shot for the presentation were very clearly set during "Broken", but those scenes were removed. It's now set in an unspecified time, we're now only sure that it's not during season 1 because Will the Knave knows who he is and the Rabbit creates a portal into and out of Storybrooke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigificWriter (View Post)
I'm not sure whether they actually reshot some stuff from the first 20 minutes of the episode (which comprised their initial 'pitch presentation' to the network) or just used different takes/cuts in the final edit.
At the very least the Bug scene is a new shot. We had reports of Jennifer Morrison's stunt filming that one when they started shooting.
Old 10-11-2013, 05:36 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demileto (View Post)
Is it still? The original 20 min shot for the presentation were very clearly set during "Broken", but those scenes were removed. It's now set in an unspecified time, we're now only sure that it's not during season 1 because Will the Knave knows who he is and the Rabbit creates a portal into and out of Storybrooke.
They could've moved the setting of the Storybrooke scenes until the 'aftermath' of the destruction and chaos seen in Straight Until Morning, but unless we're explicitely told otherwise, I'm inclined to believe that the original timeframe setting remains intact.

If we want definite clarification, somebody ought to send Adam a tweet and ask him about the scenes and when they're supposed to be set.
Old 10-11-2013, 09:10 AM
Fan Forum Star

Very nice Pilot I think I will like this show.
(HTGAWM) Connor&Oliver, (OITNB) John&Daya, (B99) Jake&Amy, (NCIS: LA) Deeks&Kensi, (Castle) Castle&Beckett, (Nashville) Deacon&Rayna, (Chicago Fire) Casey&Dawson, (GMW) Cory&Topanga
Old 10-11-2013, 09:44 AM
MST Manager

Good to see the positive comments about the series premiere.
Old 10-11-2013, 09:53 AM
Absolute Fan

Everybody's all 'doom and gloom' with the ratings right now, but this is a situation where this is a gamble that nobody can lose.
Old 10-11-2013, 10:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm not worried about the ratings. It did fairly well considering. There's always next week.
Old 10-11-2013, 11:07 AM
Elite Fan

For the record, it was mentioned that Alice once swam with mermaids and fought with pirate. Does this imply that her storyline will somehow converge with Once's storyline? Perhaps a flashback of her and Cyrus in Neverland?
Old 10-11-2013, 11:17 AM
Absolute Fan

^ Possibly.