Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2013, 10:36 PM
Passionate Fan

The ick factor on Amara went up after this episode. Ulima was a healer with some magical skill. After seeing her, I think Jafar latched onto Amara not just because she had power and people were afraid of her but because he saw her as being like his mother.
Old 12-08-2013, 01:37 AM
Moderator Manager

I thought that was a good ep.

I liked Jafar's backstory. I can't believe his dad killed him. Horrible! People probably called this but I was surprised that the other prisoner was his father. I wonder why he's keeping him alive (for now)? I'm thinking he probably wants to resurrect his mother from death?

There is not enough the Red Queen in this ep but (for now at least), Jafar has the upper hand on him.

My favorite scene is when Alice's real dad was talking to her in the cliff (in-front of Jafar and the Knave). It was an emotionally charged moment and I didn't expect Alice to use her 2nd wish on him. What this is boiling down to is that Jafar knows how to 'twist' Alice and use up her wishes. I have to hand it to him in knowing to expose her weakness.

The only thing I did suspect early on is that Jafar's father is evil because his mother didn't tell him that his father's a Sultan and has never met him. So obviously that would mean that he didn't want anything to do with them.

I'm also stumped that the White Rabbit isn't given that much good material and all he's ever doing now is be the Red Queen & Jafar's puppet. Hopefully this will blow over soon and we see him side with Alice.

I wonder if Alice's dad thinks it's all a dream? A part of me is thinking that he believes it now but still doesn't know what to make of it.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Last edited by L i N d $ @ y; 12-08-2013 at 01:43 AM
Old 12-08-2013, 04:12 AM
Elite Fan

Finally got around to watching this episode and I thought it was amazing. One of the best episodes so far imo!

I loved the flashbacks and interactions between Jafar and the Sultan. I actually felt sympathy for Jafar this episode. I mean, he is never going to give Jafar what he wants and he would rather die than say Jafar is his son or that he loves him which is so horrible. I do wonder what happened to Jafar when the Sultan tried to drown him and he came back to life though. Maybe he can't die and it has something to do with his mother and / or the ring she gave him?
Also, like Lindsay said, finding out the man in the cage is Jafar's father was such a surprise even though some people suspected it all along.

I also loved the interactions between Alice and her father. The scene on the cliff was really emotional.

Last edited by this new sun; 12-09-2013 at 11:56 AM
Old 12-08-2013, 08:12 PM
Moderator Manager

Btw, I'll leave the opening of new episode discussion threads to our newly appointed mod.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 12-09-2013, 11:59 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
Btw, I'll leave the opening of new episode discussion threads to our newly appointed mod.
Aww yay, my first task as mod! I'll open the discussion thread sometime tomorrow.
Old 12-09-2013, 11:32 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by this new sun (View Post)
Finally got around to watching this episode and I thought it was amazing. One of the best episodes so far imo!

I loved the flashbacks and interactions between Jafar and the Sultan. I actually felt sympathy for Jafar this episode. I mean, he is never going to give Jafar what he wants and he would rather die than say Jafar is his son or that he loves him which is so horrible. I do wonder what happened to Jafar when the Sultan tried to drown him and he came back to life though. Maybe he can't die and it has something to do with his mother and / or the ring she gave him?
Also, like Lindsay said, finding out the man in the cage is Jafar's father was such a surprise even though some people suspected it all along.

I also loved the interactions between Alice and her father. The scene on the cliff was really emotional.
I wonder if the mist had something to do with genie magic? Maybe Jafar's mother made a wish that eventually cost her own life as a consequence (genie magic can't kill people directly, but Snow's dad's death was probably the consequence of freeing Sydney), a wish to protect her son?

Which might make Jafar's desire to change the laws of magic even more complicated. He wants his father's acknowledgement. Does he also want his mother alive?

I'm assuming officially released material in the TV blurb doesn't count as a spoiler? In which case, it said next ep, we find out Cyrsus' origin.

??? Genie's have an origin? Assuming this is how Cyrus became a genie and not just something about his past (and that people can become genies), there may be another explanation to Sydney's (if it is Sydney's) lamp in Jafar's possession. Maybe, when one genie is freed, a new one is created to take the old one's place.
Old 12-10-2013, 03:40 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelaine (View Post)
I wonder if the mist had something to do with genie magic? Maybe Jafar's mother made a wish that eventually cost her own life as a consequence (genie magic can't kill people directly, but Snow's dad's death was probably the consequence of freeing Sydney), a wish to protect her son?

I'm assuming officially released material in the TV blurb doesn't count as a spoiler? In which case, it said next ep, we find out Cyrsus' origin.

??? Genie's have an origin? Assuming this is how Cyrus became a genie and not just something about his past (and that people can become genies), there may be another explanation to Sydney's (if it is Sydney's) lamp in Jafar's possession. Maybe, when one genie is freed, a new one is created to take the old one's place.
That's what I wondered too while watching the episode. There was definitely something that happened each time someone passed away around Jafar. When his mother died for example, this glowy mist floated around him. I still think it has something to do with the ring she gave him. I mean, during the episode we saw that he is never without it so I'm guessing it has a deeper meaning.
I do like your theory though, as said before in the show every wish comes with a consequence so what you said definitely makes sense.

No, promos etc. don't count as spoiler.
You are right, I didn't know Genies had an origin either. But I am glad that we are going to find out more about Cyrus' back story though. I mean, so far he has been the least developed character so I can't wait to find out, even though the episode description may be a little misleading.

I've opened a discussion thread for the next episode here, btw!
Old 12-10-2013, 04:31 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I wonder if Cyrus is related to the big blue Genie in the cartoon version of Alladyn...speaking of which...are we gonna see Alladyn in Wonderland...

at least we know how Jafar becomes Evil.... the poor kid is left for dead by his own father... do you know anyone who can recover from that
Old 01-12-2014, 11:58 PM
Passionate Fan

Just the odd thought on Jafar in London, then passing himself as Alice's father:

Obviously, he didn't keep up the impersonation, but I couldn't help thinking of all the ways he could have made much larger mistakes. In many places and times, your clothes weren't just general guides to your status and profession, they were specific guides. Just imagine if Jafar had killed a professional painter in a world where artists wore clothes identifying their guild and then showed up at Alice's house claiming to be a doctor.

Although it would have been funnier if he'd shown up in court dress for a member of the house of lords or in a judge's wig.