Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-17-2014, 11:10 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteLunatic (View Post)
Katrina and Ichabod can make another baby...
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think it would be hilarious if Katrina was pregnant in at least one episode a season.
Old 11-17-2014, 11:22 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygirl44 (View Post)
She was so beautiful in that Maxim video, I just had to go cap these. The Sailor vid is next.
Great caps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by piperholmes (View Post)
Her chanting "It's a demon, it's a demon" really broke my heart. She knows it's Moloch, but the perception spell is working on her, and how desperately she wants to have a baby to care for.
Aw, yeah. She had to get past that it looked like a regular baby.

I'm still a bit like.. she should have known that it was Moloch from the start, but eh.. whatever. It's done now, and she knows what it is.

Katrina with the baby was cute though:

@ the pic Katia posted. The baby demon is kind of cute too.

And I loved Jeremy/Henry being so visibly upset.
Old 11-17-2014, 11:39 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyls (View Post)
Aw, yeah. She had to get past that it looked like a regular baby.

I'm still a bit like.. she should have known that it was Moloch from the start, but eh.. whatever. It's done now, and she knows what it is.
I felt there should have been more explanation to that, but yeah, I'm with you, moving on...

Quote:
Katrina with the baby was cute though:

http://i61.tinypic.com/1zvalit.jpg
You could just see it all over her how much she wanted to pick it up. She was twisting her fingers into extinction over it.

Quote:
And I loved Jeremy/Henry being so visibly upset.
Oh, he was not doing a good job of hiding his pain over that at all. The way he had to swallow down that frog in his throat and drop his eyes from hers as he croaked out that line about her maybe having the maternal instinct after all...yeah, I loved every moment of that.
Old 11-18-2014, 12:09 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I felt there should have been more explanation to that, but yeah, I'm with you, moving on...
Yeah, bad writing choice but no point in dwelling on it.

Quote:
You could just see it all over her how much she wanted to pick it up. She was twisting her fingers into extinction over it.
I really hope we'll get to see more of Katrina with baby Jeremy at some point.

Quote:
Oh, he was not doing a good job of hiding his pain over that at all. The way he had to swallow down that frog in his throat and drop his eyes from hers as he croaked out that line about her maybe having the maternal instinct after all...yeah, I loved every moment of that.
John Noble was fantastic.
Old 11-18-2014, 12:42 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I really hope we'll get to see more of Katrina with baby Jeremy at some point.
I want to see her hold her normal baby! Come on, just reach out and touch Henry, Katrina. Just touch him and give him a flashback, or get one of him. If I had the power to will her with my mind, she would have done that tonight. I just want her to be happy so bad.

Quote:
John Noble was fantastic.
One scene and he absolutely nailed it. So much conveyed in such a short scene. The man is amazing. Katia and him work really well together.
Old 11-18-2014, 07:38 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by piperholmes (View Post)
Her chanting "It's a demon, it's a demon" really broke my heart. She knows it's Moloch, but the perception spell is working on her, and how desperately she wants to have a baby to care for.
Same. That damn necklace needs to be ripped away, and shattered into a billion pieces.

And creepy baby!demon!Moloch is kinda cute, WTH is up with that?

Katrina really played it up with Jeremy, though. It's as if she were trying to get to him by nurturing the baby.

‘If I fall and die, it will still have been worth it,’ she had thought.
Old 11-18-2014, 08:50 AM
Loyal Fan

My problem with this episode is that some things are so subtle that some viewers don't know it or appreciate it. Also I think even has a creepy scary baby, Moloch is powerful and along with Henry with that damn necklace feeding on Katrina's motherly instincts she really had no chance. I am glad she snapped out of it and did try to kill it. With that said I still think they took a slight step back with her this episode.
Old 11-18-2014, 10:15 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceKat055 (View Post)
Same. That damn necklace needs to be ripped away, and shattered into a billion pieces.

And creepy baby!demon!Moloch is kinda cute, WTH is up with that?

Katrina really played it up with Jeremy, though. It's as if she were trying to get to him by nurturing the baby.
That necklace has got to go, especially since I'm still noticing that some don't remember that she can't get it off. I guess it's pretty and all, but come on, she wouldn't leave it on, at least not in front of Ichabod. Though, that scene where she was trying to jerk it off was short, so maybe it just got missed.

Hmm, I didn't really think she was playing him. I thought she genuinely just wanted to desperately hold that baby. I loved how Katia played her doing her best to deny it, but unable to. I just watched her scene again and just loved this part.

"The presence of a needy child upsets you? My, how telling."
"That is not what I meant."

I love how she popped up out of that chair. Gah, that was a great scene.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady33145 (View Post)
My problem with this episode is that some things are so subtle that some viewers don't know it or appreciate it. Also I think even has a creepy scary baby, Moloch is powerful and along with Henry with that damn necklace feeding on Katrina's motherly instincts she really had no chance. I am glad she snapped out of it and did try to kill it. With that said I still think they took a slight step back with her this episode.
Yeah, I'm sure it would have been harder than it seemed. I thought it was a little weird that Henry just kinda left her alone with it.

Yeah, they could do a lot better with her character. I can see why it's so easy for those who don't like her to feel that way. But I don't know. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens with her. I really hope they don't mess her character up. She has so much potential and I adore her strength and love for her family. It'd be really sad to see her continually pushed into these situations they write her into.
Old 11-18-2014, 12:16 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
I know that I am guilty of seeing things and saying WTH, and then having someone point out what is going on. And then going

And so much happens on this show, some scenes and conversations go by pretty quickly, so it is easy to forget explanations and details that are pretty important to the story, Katrina's necklace and it's power over her being a perfect example.
Old 11-18-2014, 12:41 PM
Extreme Fan

Watched the afterbuzz with Neil Jackson.

He talked about Katia being in Purgatory both as an actress and a character last season as she didn't have much to do. He joked she'd stay in her hotel room making angels on the floor counting the ceiling tiles. I can totally picture her doing that!

Anyway, the guy had commented that Katrina wasn't being written as the fans would have liked as a strong female character. Neil said that she doesn't have her full magic powers because of her time in Purgatory and her powers are slowly growing and we will see them develop more toward the end of the season.

The guy asked if Katia liked how her character was being written and Neil said she was loving it. He commented that with Len Wiseman and his background, they're starting to bring in this femme fatale character. Her costume changes radically over the next two or three episodes into an underworld bad*** action girl. He said she's getting some great stuff. (I can't wait All I can picture now is Selene on Underworld and Jessica Biel and Kate Beckinsale in Total Recall )

Neil also brought up the fact that when Abbie and Katrina are in the graveyard. He said that Abbie has almost cut off that side of her brain and is solely focused on being a Witness. Plus, her relationship with her mother was so frayed so it would be difficult for them to see it the same way.

He also brought up the fact that Katrina desperately just wants to be with Ichabod but that can't work out and she has been starved for attention and affection for centuries and she's desperate for it, but the only person she's really getting it from is Headless and she's developing a sort of Stockholm syndrome and is falling for it.

All around, it left me feeling better about Katrina's character as a whole and I now feel way more sure about her character surviving the finale and heading into season 3.
Old 11-18-2014, 12:50 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:

He talked about Katia being in Purgatory both as an actress and a character last season as she didn't have much to do. He joked she'd stay in her hotel room making angels on the floor counting the ceiling tiles. I can totally picture her doing that!

Anyway, the guy had commented that Katrina wasn't being written as the fans would have liked as a strong female character. Neil said that she doesn't have her full magic powers because of her time in Purgatory and her powers are slowly growing and we will see them develop more toward the end of the season.

The guy asked if Katia liked how her character was being written and Neil said she was loving it. He commented that with Len Wiseman and his background, they're starting to bring in this femme fatale character. Her costume changes radically over the next two or three episodes into an underworld bad*** action girl. He said she's getting some great stuff. (I can't wait All I can picture now is Selene on Underworld and Jessica Biel and Kate Beckinsale in Total Recall )

Neil also brought up the fact that when Abbie and Katrina are in the graveyard. He said that Abbie has almost cut off that side of her brain and is solely focused on being a Witness. Plus, her relationship with her mother was so frayed so it would be difficult for them to see it the same way.

He also brought up the fact that Katrina desperately just wants to be with Ichabod but that can't work out and she has been starved for attention and affection for centuries and she's desperate for it, but the only person she's really getting it from is Headless and she's developing a sort of Stockholm syndrome and is falling for it.

All around, it left me feeling better about Katrina's character as a whole and I now feel way more sure about her character surviving the finale and heading into season 3.
It does sound like lots of good things will be coming our way in regards to Katrina and her witchy powers by the end of the season.
Old 11-18-2014, 02:45 PM
New Fan

So, sounds like Len Wiseman is using his wife's Underworld character as sort of a template for Katrina....interesting, as I loved Selena, let's see how this plays out on the show, shall we? Yes, it's time for Katrina to start kicking ass and taking names.
Old 11-18-2014, 03:39 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Thank you for letting us know, I'm not a big fan of Afterbuzz so I don't watch, was Neil's comments throughout the show or towards the end?

At least we know when the costume change is coming. It does sound promising.
Old 11-18-2014, 04:05 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieM1994 (View Post)
It does sound like lots of good things will be coming our way in regards to Katrina and her witchy powers by the end of the season.
It really does. I'm glad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jewel5 (View Post)
So, sounds like Len Wiseman is using his wife's Underworld character as sort of a template for Katrina....interesting, as I loved Selena, let's see how this plays out on the show, shall we? Yes, it's time for Katrina to start kicking ass and taking names.
Amen! I'm just really ready to see her be all she has been talked up to be. We've gotten the emotion, now I want the action
Quote:
Thank you for letting us know, I'm not a big fan of Afterbuzz so I don't watch, was Neil's comments throughout the show or towards the end?

At least we know when the costume change is coming. It does sound promising.
I watched all of them from season 1, but fell behind this season. Neil was on the entire show from beginning to end and commented throughout with them. He's a really funny guy. He fit right in with them. He had some good comments on the scenes coming up with Ichabod, which have me really intrigued. I think he said we'll get some flashbacks about Abraham in 10 and 11 so that should be really great. Apparently both Ichabod and Abraham just really blame each other for all that happened, or at least Abraham does mostly. I can't remember exactly, but he actually called Abraham this pompous, wealthy guy who had the pretty girl. He was a big supporter of Washington and it all just got ripped from him. He talked about how Abraham never really wanted the role he's playing. It was a pretty good show and more informative than I thought it would be.

I can't wait for Katrina's costume change. I just really love black and yeah, it looks very Underworld-ish. I'm so excited.
Old 11-18-2014, 05:06 PM
Dedicated Fan

Sounds like ichabod's going to have his hands full