Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-05-2013, 08:11 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by collide (View Post)
Who is James Frain? Was he one of the free-mason guys?
James is a BRILLIANT actor, I've seen him in so much and loved him in all of it. He was amazing as one of the bad guys in "Count of Monte Cristo", but I remember seeing him in "Where the Heart Is" with Natalie Portman, a zillion years ago...fell madly in love with him then.

‘If I fall and die, it will still have been worth it,’ she had thought.
Old 11-05-2013, 09:00 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm looking forward to more john/nicole/tom please
Old 11-05-2013, 11:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I really love the backstory and flashbacks in the episode.

And the love the baseball scene. I do enjoy baseball.

April
Old 11-05-2013, 12:05 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwm30 (View Post)
^Less baseball! More Hockey
I agree!
Old 11-05-2013, 01:06 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwm30 (View Post)
^Less baseball! More Hockey

Old 11-05-2013, 01:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugjess (View Post)
Yep the main one. He was also in Grimm and in the Cape if that helps...
Oh, yeah, thanks!

We will take the best parts of ourselves and make them gold.
icon credit: lucy
Old 11-05-2013, 05:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

What's wrong with baseball
Old 11-05-2013, 06:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm not a sports person, but yeah what's wrong with baseball? It's the American pass time. It's fit the show perfectly.
Old 11-05-2013, 10:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by *OldHollywoodStarlet* (View Post)
I'm not a sports person, but yeah what's wrong with baseball? It's the American pass time. It's fit the show perfectly.

Though I enjoy baseball, grew up loving it and playing. But I know a lot of people claims it's boring. I've noticed that a lot of older ppl like it or smaller kids.

April
Old 11-06-2013, 11:41 AM
Master Fan

There's nothing wrong with baseball until it pre-empts my shows in the fall!

I love the game, grew up on it...it's very cerebral, you have to outsmart the other manager through most of the game. I like having to think through it.

But I also love hockey - - it's just raw, animalistic passion that appeals to my violent side.

Last edited by IceKat055; 11-06-2013 at 11:47 AM
Old 11-06-2013, 11:52 AM
New Fan

Hey everyone, First post here (-:

This episode got me so frustrated, I sought this forum out so I could ask:
Why didn't Ichabod killed himself? Why did he let the sin eater to save him?

He could have prevented the apocalypse by himself - and save the world at the price of just one life, but he was such a big of a coward that he chose to save himself at the expense of lives that will surely be lost while preventing the apocalypse from happening - and that is assuming that he didn't just damned the entire planet (-:
I get that letting Ichabod die would have killed the story, but that is just bad script writing.

I'm really hoping I'm missing something...

Naore
Old 11-06-2013, 12:49 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by naorai (View Post)
Hey everyone, First post here (-:

This episode got me so frustrated, I sought this forum out so I could ask:
Why didn't Ichabod killed himself? Why did he let the sin eater to save him?

He could have prevented the apocalypse by himself - and save the world at the price of just one life, but he was such a big of a coward that he chose to save himself at the expense of lives that will surely be lost while preventing the apocalypse from happening - and that is assuming that he didn't just damned the entire planet (-:
I get that letting Ichabod die would have killed the story, but that is just bad script writing.

I'm really hoping I'm missing something...
Welcome!

Well, he did try his best to kill himself! And he didn't exactly "let" the Sin Eater save him.

We saw that the Sin Eater arrived just in the nick of time and began working on saving Ichabod/stopping the poison. Ichabod was "almost gone" (which were the Sin Eater's words), meaning it was mere minutes, perhaps seconds, before he died. So he was pretty out of it and probably weakened, and could hardly have fought anyone off. They sorta took the decision out of his hands and just saved him...whether he wanted them to or not.

Also, as far as Ichabod being a "coward" - - I disagree. He admitted to Abbie that he was terrified, but he drank the poison anyway. When he saw the vision of Arthur telling him that breaking the blood tie would free Ichabod to stop not only Headless but his companions (with the combined power of the 2nd Witness, Abbie), Ichabod understood that he needed to live, needed to sever the tie with Headless, and needed to fulfill his destiny to stop the apocalypse. I have a feeling that, even with Headless out of the way, the other 3 could still cause some trouble, and if Ichabod was dead and Abbie was having to do it all by herself?

Or something.

Last edited by IceKat055; 11-06-2013 at 12:54 PM
Old 11-06-2013, 01:31 PM
New Fan

Hmm...

Ichabod worked hard to cooperate with the sin eater - he wasn't passive in any way, it took a lot of effort for him to conjure up his "blast from the past", so it was actually easier to do nothing and die.
At that point, where he was given an option he didn't knew what Arthur is going to say. He only knew that death means saving lots of people, dying means keeping the horsemen alive. He chose to live.

It wasn't unvoluntary and it was of selfish reasons, as far as I can tell.

Sorry to be a drag, but I really liked this show so far and something like this can ruin an entire show for me, I'm really hoping I'm just missing something (-:

Naore

p.s- if I have any silly grammer / spelling errors then I'm sorry I usually use a spell checker and english is not my first language...
Old 11-07-2013, 06:54 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Ichabod worked hard to cooperate with the sin eater - he wasn't passive in any way, it took a lot of effort for him to conjure up his "blast from the past", so it was actually easier to do nothing and die.
At that point, where he was given an option he didn't knew what Arthur is going to say. He only knew that death means saving lots of people, dying means keeping the horsemen alive. He chose to live.

It wasn't unvoluntary and it was of selfish reasons, as far as I can tell.
I see your point, but I actually think it added a very realistic element to the scene. His admitting "I'm terrified" is how ANY human being would feel in that situation, as well as wanting to live and fight another day, rather than die. And maybe there was the smallest hint of "I can't leave Abbie to fight the other horsemen alone" in there. His own death would have taken only one horseman out of the picture - - there's 3 more to replace him, and we saw in the 'John Doe' episode that they can do plenty of damage individually, too.

Quote:
p.s- if I have any silly grammer / spelling errors then I'm sorry I usually use a spell checker and english is not my first language...
Sounds fine to me!

Old 11-07-2013, 11:15 AM
Passionate Fan

Agreed,
Being brave is doing what you have to do when you are afraid.

I just rewatched this episode fully awake.

It was a complicated one, but well done.
It was interesting to see how Icky and Katerina met and that she was a Quaker. She and Bernard, the man who died at the hands of the red-coated demon, knew each other and seemed to even be working together in a small way.

Icky's brothers, the Free Mason group of suits, wanted him to drink the poison so that he would die and this would cause Headless to die as well since they were connected in death by Katerina's spell. The spell was just supposed to protect Icky I think, but because their blood mingled at death, they got connected.

The sin eater became revived in his duty when he found out about Ichabod. I wonder what Abby told him?

Last edited by Mysterious Island Girl; 11-07-2013 at 03:31 PM