Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-06-2015, 11:07 PM
Dedicated Fan

Does it get any better than this?

Old 01-06-2015, 11:31 PM
Loyal Fan

I can't get over the fact that Ichabod left Abbie with a complete stranger, after mentioning Lucifer was an angel. Why couldn't he have Katrina wait and stay by Abbie's side? I'm not necessarily a shipper of these two romantically, heck I'm not sure if I like them as friends at this point.
Old 01-07-2015, 11:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternal◘fate (View Post)
I actually really enjoyed their scenes yesterday. I guess my shipping isn't as strong right now though. lol
I agree, the flame has simmered down allot but the spark is still there at least.

I loved how Ichabod made a note to say that no matter what they face or arguments they have, their bond will never be broken.
♩♪♫
.¸.•*´¨¤ ¤¨´*•.¸.
Old 01-07-2015, 12:19 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniffles (View Post)
I can't get over the fact that Ichabod left Abbie with a complete stranger, after mentioning Lucifer was an angel. Why couldn't he have Katrina wait and stay by Abbie's side? I'm not necessarily a shipper of these two romantically, heck I'm not sure if I like them as friends at this point.
Yes, Im mostly just fans of Nicole and Tom and their chemistry at this point. Ichabod needs to wake up and smell the cappuccino and appreciate what he has in Abbie instead of taking her for granted. They may have a bond but that doesn't mean you get a free pass to behave like a donkey's arse either.
Old 01-07-2015, 07:28 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniffles (View Post)
Agreed. Ichabod was very suspicious of this angel but one call from Katrina and he's out the door. And unfortunately Abbie just nodded and went along with it like he and her were just chilling out at the archives instead just having come across three demons and an angel. What has happened to our pair? Slowly I see the bond eroding between them. Ichabod constantly abandons her to precarious situations when Katrina calls, always sides with Katrina and now Abbie is keeping secrets from him. Did Abbie tell Crane about the calling "card" Orion left her with? Perhaps she did and it will be confirmed in the next episode or so. If she didn't I think it's very telling because last season Abbie would've most certainly communicated this detail to Ichabod.

Experience the Legacy
Old 01-07-2015, 08:30 PM
Dedicated Fan

Crane has also left his wife with their murderous son and Abraham who had previously tried to decapitate her.
Old 01-08-2015, 07:57 AM
Dedicated Fan

In Abbie's defense I think if anyone can handle herself--it's her. Although imo Katrina's call hardly qualified as an emergency.
Old 01-08-2015, 11:37 AM
Dedicated Fan

I don’t think it’s that deep. We all know the show wants us to believe Crane really, really, really, really, really, really, really loves Katrina, so that when the axe finally falls we can all be really sad because their love is just so epic and all
Old 01-08-2015, 01:01 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhoney (View Post)
I don’t think it’s that deep. We all know the show wants us to believe Crane really, really, really, really, really, really, really loves Katrina, so that when the axe finally falls we can all be really sad because their love is just so epic and all
On first glance, I read the last sentence as "their love is an epic fail."
Old 01-08-2015, 01:47 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalcyonDays (View Post)
On first glance, I read the last sentence as "their love is an epic fail."

I think your interpretation is actually more accurate.
Old 01-08-2015, 05:03 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhoney (View Post)
Crane has also left his wife with their murderous son and Abraham who had previously tried to decapitate her.
Yeah, plus I didn't get the impression Crane felt Orion was an immediate physical threat to Abbie, just that he was deceptive / trouble.

You know, there were a few ways this episode was boo-boo, but the Ichabbie scenes were were fantastic. They really are a gift, even all the reviewers noted that.

No matter what they can't take that away from us.
Old 01-08-2015, 05:35 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvana1 (View Post)
You know, there were a few ways this episode was boo-boo, but the Ichabbie scenes were were fantastic. They really are a gift, even all the reviewers noted that.
Cream always rises to the top, and so shall Ichabbie.

Remember this classic Orsi/Kurtzman interview? Neither to my knowledge have given interviews about the show this year or written an episode.

Quote:
They come together out of necessity. They're two outcasts and they can only rely on each other and lean on each other. If there's going to be chemistry, you want it to come out of that, as opposed to forcing something. They meet in turmoil and have to be together in order to get answers from each other. I love the moment at the end of the pilot where they smile at each other and it's the first real moment of friendship after the horsemen has ridden off into the sunrise. There's a little bit of romance, but mostly it's, "You were there for me, friend." That's a lot harder thing to earn than to simply put two attractive people together in a room and have them make snuggling noises.
Ichabbie doesn't have to be forced. They smolder just talking to each other, looking at each other. It is indeed a friendship and the best relationships are built on friendship, not lies and manipulation

Old 01-08-2015, 05:45 PM
Loyal Fan

Funny you mention Kurtzman/Orci.

Their Twitter account, @ abaiers, continues to retweet my Abbie and Ichabbie art even though I regularly criticize the show. Plus the way they say a lot of things on Twitter gives me the impression they're sympathetic to fans that feel had by the show of late. Or at least concerned. I could be wrong though.

I do have to wonder if anyone over there actually "agrees" with the critics.

One thing for sure is that Ichabbie is what makes the show work, period.
Old 01-08-2015, 06:06 PM
Dedicated Fan

Kurtzman/Orci are the only ones who ever respond about the Abbie character from what I can see and they were the first and only to my knowledge that directly responded to #AbbieMillsDeservesBetter when it happened. They are the show's creators and were smart to say something. Now its time for them to do something.

Old 01-08-2015, 06:27 PM
Loyal Fan

Yup! Came right into the tag and directed replied to a few of us. Even made a bit of small talk.

They were also the one that revealed
Spoiler:
If you read their Tweets it isn't merely being diplomatic and "humoring the silly fans," there's a real air of concern toward us. It definitely has to mean something.