Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-25-2016, 08:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Episode discussion 3.12 | Sins of the Father {Airs February 26th}

Jenny confronts her father, which dredges up some unsavory family history. Meanwhile, Atticus Nevins returns to Sleepy Hollow and presents the FBI with a dangerous set of challenges.
Old 02-26-2016, 04:17 AM
Master Fan

thanks Tia

an episode about the Mills family
Old 02-26-2016, 02:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

No Problemo
Finally started it early enough for the mod can top it.
Old 02-26-2016, 07:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

So sad how the Hidden One doesn't love Pandora at all, what a mess. It's time for her to start betraying.

I was not feeling that Crane's singing at the beginning of the episode. Just no. lol Nice he was having a great time though.
How nice that we know that Ichabod is keep on spoiling Abbie? That food looked good though. lol

Okay so Abbie was in the place with the caves for 10 months.

Jennifer finally seeing her father. I loved her speech about her hating him so much (trust me I know how you feel Jenny lol) and of course when he's sitting there in front of her, she has no words. I did like how the conversation turned out and his leaving get explained.

What is up with Abbie. Seems like that 10 months effected her a lot more than she cares to explain or show out loud. Abbie is seeing cave symbols and everything.

I'm really enjoying these Danny and Abbie scenes. Nice that they met up in the gun range... not romantic, but hey. lol
Who texted Abbie Mills.

I loved that we got a Jenny and Abbie scene and how Jenny is seeing the difference in Abbie.

Sophie and Joe of course got busted with their snopping.

Well Randall it was sure good to know you, what a gruesome death... my goodness. I loved how Joe was not sitting down and not standing in shock, he hurried and looked for anything to beat the monster with.

Agent Forster asking is all the monsters these ugly.

Jenny comparing her and Joe to Bonny and Clyde... hmm.
Even though their relationship didn't have the slow development, it's just so nice to see Jenny be so happy and content in a relationship since she has trouble opening up and things.

I loved all the Joe Corbin's mentions. Joe is a character we didn't see that much but his impact on the show was always felt.

Wow it seems like Abbie is turning into her mother. Hopefully the difference here is that everyone won't abandoned Abbie as her mother was abandoned. That was a good scene between Abbie and her father.

Nevins was the main evil mastermind in this episode....
The person who Daniel Reynolds is speaking with is name Jack Walters... and the person Jack is working with is Nevins, even though it seems that Reynolds is in the dark.

Aww nice for Abbie to make Crane a real sandwhich, since his didn't look too good.
These Ichabbie scenes has just been amazing for these past weeks.
Of course they always have the best quotes in their scenes. Also that sandwich was a waste of make.

Oh no Abbie.
Old 02-26-2016, 07:49 PM
Part-Time Fan

OK, I have mixed feelings about this episode. I don't think Abbie or Jenny spent enough time with their dad for us to get a real sense of why he stayed away so long. I was hoping we'd get an in-depth conversation regarding this. I think their father is involved in the Supernatural (If I'm right, then I hope we receive a clear understanding of what his role was/or is) It's nice to see Ichabod trying to dote on Abbie however, she is unreceptive and for me this is a problem. She is obviously afraid she's losing her mind (like her Mother) and why she won't confide in Ichabod is beyond me at this point. Does, she not trust him??? I mean it's completely against her character to give herself over to this symbol (which may be the symbol of the devil for all we know) I don't like this story arc and IMO, we have so few episodes left in season 3, to fully develop where the writers may be going with this. I mean is Abbie turning evil? and, going over to the dark side??? is NB leaving the show? and is this story arc a set-up for this? and if so, will Sophie become the new Abbie? I mean What???????, either way I'm not feeling any of this. All in all, I'm confused by this episode.
Old 02-26-2016, 07:58 PM
Part-Time Fan

OK, I have mixed feelings about this episode. I don't think Abbie or Jenny spent enough time with their dad for us to get a real sense of why he stayed away so long. I was hoping we'd get an in-depth conversation regarding this. I think their father is involved in the Supernatural (If I'm right, then I hope we receive a clear understanding of what his role was/or is) It's nice to see Ichabod trying to dote on Abbie however, she is unreceptive and for me this is a problem. She is obviously afraid she's losing her mind (like her Mother) and why she won't confide in Ichabod is beyond me at this point. Does, she not trust him??? I mean it's completely against her character to give herself over to this symbol (which may be the symbol of the devil for all we know) I don't like this story arc and IMO, we have so few episodes left in season 3 to fully develop where the writers may be going with this. I mean is Abbie turning evil? and going over to the dark side? is NB leaving the show? and if so, is this story arc a set-up for this? Is their plan for Sophie to become the new Abbie? I mean What???????, either way I'm not feeling any of this. All in all, I'm confused by this episode.

Sorry for the double post

Last edited by msgeemd; 02-26-2016 at 07:59 PM Reason: Sorry for the double post
Old 02-28-2016, 09:50 AM
Passionate Fan

Eternalfate and msgeemd, great posts. Thanks for inspiration.

I quite enjoyed this episdoe. I ended up watching it twice and twice missed Crane's singing. :-(
The msoter of the week made me chuckle a bit with his "underpants". Well atleast they looked like boxers. He was a cool looking monster as well.

Crane and his Charlie Brown comments, good grief.

That symbol Abbie is seeing at first I thought it was a scarab. Who knows what it is, but by her body posture at the end it must be Egyptian of some sort.

I'm liking Jenny's and Joe's relationship. Sweet, loving, real.

I like how the show mixes in just a bit of humor, but keeps the episode moving along with few side jaunts.

The bad guy, Atticus, he did a good job. The actor playing the sheriff when he was young resembled him a lot. Nice.

Looking forward to more episodes like this.

My only complaint is the audio of the show. I have a hard time understanding what is being said and I've got the volume up. The commercials are sure loud enough.
Old 02-28-2016, 04:50 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysterious Island Girl (View Post)
My only complaint is the audio of the show. I have a hard time understanding what is being said and I've got the volume up. The commercials are sure loud enough.
A lot of times I watch with CC on because I get tired of trying to figure out what people are saying. I need to watch this episode again before I give my thoughts. BTW, where are all the fans for this show????

No longer participates in ANY network television viewing. Thank Fox's handling of Sleepy Hollow.

Last edited by DarkElfLass; 02-28-2016 at 05:06 PM
Old 02-29-2016, 03:21 PM
New Fan

I really liked the episode. I could always use more Ichabbie but it was pretty good. But that ending!!! What the heck. Abbie basically went all Brody from Homeland, and is praying in the garage to her secret religion. I guess a lot happened in those ten months.

NB and TM are just burning it down right now, they are so much fun to watch.

Loved Ichabod trying to pamper Abbie, and basically making plans for both of them. Cute. He's a good one because if I take the time to prepare someone a meal, they're going to eat it. I don't care if they already ate, twice. But I think he's trying to be there for her but at the same time not force it, which is probably the smart thing to do.

Loved Abbie basically telling Danny that cutting into her at the gun range was not the way to check for her. Umm Danny, there's a guy in her house who is literally on his P's and Q's, placing flowers, plating courses, pouring wine, playing quiet music. Honey, your casual advances are not going to carry the day, it's not gonna happen. Step it up.

I liked Abbie battling back from her bout of poor shooting to take down the monster.

I liked the scenes Abbie and Jenny had with their father. Jenny having all of this anger kind of stored up, and Abbie kind of approaching it from a I need this information from you type of thing. The scene between Abbie and her father was just....Goodness, what a great scene. I think I like the possibilities for his character. I think they could have explained away the reasons for his absence and made it all very neat, but I like this better. He was a crap father, but he may also be a hero, and I like the idea of that, of showing such a sharply contrasting duality. Nicole Beharie really killed it and watching her tell him "i have people for that now" after he offered to be there for her was just . Then she hit him with the "maybe one day". Wow.

The final seen with Ichabbie. Why are they so adorable. Crane's "good grief" was too cute. Him giving her those eyes when she was standing in front of the fridge was everything...just everything. What is she going to do with that. smh. I liked her telling him that things felt different, and that she was trying to battle back from it, but it's hard. He basically told her he has her, but what will be interesting to see is if she actually trusts him enough to believe it. I'm not sure where Abbie is right now. On the one hand she's pledging allegiance and seems devoted to this symbol or religion or whatever. On the other hand she thinks she's losing it. So she's difficult for me to understand right now, because people who are passionate about something to the point of worship, don't necessarily see that is an illness. I'm wondering if she actually made it to the bar, or if she fell into some sort of trance.

Still don't quite trust Sophie and I wonder if one of these twelve caves are one of the ones her parents were killed in.

I agree with everyone about the audio, there have been more than a few episodes that it was pretty bad.

msgeemd I don't think NB is leaving the show, can't imagine Sleepy surviving without either of the two leads.
Old 02-29-2016, 06:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ As always you review is awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkElfLass (View Post)
BTW, where are all the fans for this show????
There are still some of us left, but sadly a lot of people gave up on this show after the disaster of Season 2.
Old 03-03-2016, 06:09 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirLunLoosed (View Post)
I really liked the episode. I could always use more Ichabbie but it was pretty good. But that ending!!! What the heck. Abbie basically went all Brody from Homeland, and is praying in the garage to her secret religion. I guess a lot happened in those ten months.

NB and TM are just burning it down right now, they are so much fun to watch.

Loved Ichabod trying to pamper Abbie, and basically making plans for both of them. Cute. He's a good one because if I take the time to prepare someone a meal, they're going to eat it. I don't care if they already ate, twice. But I think he's trying to be there for her but at the same time not force it, which is probably the smart thing to do.

Loved Abbie basically telling Danny that cutting into her at the gun range was not the way to check for her. Umm Danny, there's a guy in her house who is literally on his P's and Q's, placing flowers, plating courses, pouring wine, playing quiet music. Honey, your casual advances are not going to carry the day, it's not gonna happen. Step it up.

I liked Abbie battling back from her bout of poor shooting to take down the monster.

I liked the scenes Abbie and Jenny had with their father. Jenny having all of this anger kind of stored up, and Abbie kind of approaching it from a I need this information from you type of thing. The scene between Abbie and her father was just....Goodness, what a great scene. I think I like the possibilities for his character. I think they could have explained away the reasons for his absence and made it all very neat, but I like this better. He was a crap father, but he may also be a hero, and I like the idea of that, of showing such a sharply contrasting duality. Nicole Beharie really killed it and watching her tell him "i have people for that now" after he offered to be there for her was just . Then she hit him with the "maybe one day". Wow.

The final seen with Ichabbie. Why are they so adorable. Crane's "good grief" was too cute. Him giving her those eyes when she was standing in front of the fridge was everything...just everything. What is she going to do with that. smh. I liked her telling him that things felt different, and that she was trying to battle back from it, but it's hard. He basically told her he has her, but what will be interesting to see is if she actually trusts him enough to believe it. I'm not sure where Abbie is right now. On the one hand she's pledging allegiance and seems devoted to this symbol or religion or whatever. On the other hand she thinks she's losing it. So she's difficult for me to understand right now, because people who are passionate about something to the point of worship, don't necessarily see that is an illness. I'm wondering if she actually made it to the bar, or if she fell into some sort of trance.

Still don't quite trust Sophie and I wonder if one of these twelve caves are one of the ones her parents were killed in.

I agree with everyone about the audio, there have been more than a few episodes that it was pretty bad.

msgeemd I don't think NB is leaving the show, can't imagine Sleepy surviving without either of the two leads.
Nice post