Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-01-2015, 11:02 PM
Passionate Fan

I can't wait for next week's episode. Hope there's lots of action.
Old 10-02-2015, 01:05 AM
New Fan

I really, really, liked this episode, but I didn't quite love it. I think that we've been absolutely spoiled with freaking fabulous season openers, like the Season 1 Pilot was everything, All that drama, death, and comedy, like they couldn't have gotten a better introduction. Season 2 This is War was also off the charts for me, tons of action, that hug in Moloch's lair, top to bottom awesome episode.

This episode was really good, Crane was being his usual funny, cranky, cute, self. I was just dead at him chucking the deuces, both times, and playing it's a hard knock life, I can't. Loved him and Jenny bonding over their inability to find employment, and essentially fit in aftermath of the war supposedly ending. I don't think they'll really be able to talk to Abbie about that, so it's good they have each other. I really hope they're able to somehow keep the archives.

Betsy seemed okay, I can't blame her for kissing Crane, he's worth choosing. But I literally can't even refer to it as their kiss, imo it looked like she kissed him, and he stood there. I don't know, maybe I'm seeing what I want to. I was too geeked when she said one day some woman will make you forget all those manners, and cause you to do something impulsive. I agree Betsy, he already met her, her name's Abbie.

Nicole and Tom are phenomenal actors, and they are pretty much why I really enjoyed the episode, because at times, I found the writing subpar. I mean, Wow, they are so, so, so good, they convey so many nuanced emotions with their eyes and expressions. Ichabod and Abbie were a little off. At first I thought maybe it was just from hiatus, and new writers or whatever but after re-watching (because I'm weird) I think they're both nursing little hurts maybe not necessarily caused by each other, at least purposefully, but nonetheless felt. It was clear Abbie's feeling's were hurt when Ichabod basically told her to her face that the reason he didn't call for nine months is because he essentially formed a habit of not effing with her. Um. Okay. I guess. I wouldn't be surprised to see her keep him a few steps away for a while, but who knows.

I loved the scene where Abbie shows him her new office! He seemed happy for her, but perhaps there was a little bittersweetness attached to it because he hasn't gotten his stuff figured out yet, and that's supposedly why he left. I was so giddy for Abbie, and sad for Crane in this scene, she really got herself situated and went after her dreams. It was really awesome to see her achieve the goals she'd so often spoken about. But the look on Crane's face when she told him she didn't fault him for leaving, and said before The Horseman and all the "other craziness", was heartbreaking. I think he feels he was a part of the craziness and that's why he left, or maybe that's why he stayed gone. idk. But he was sad, and he didn't really respond to her, or say anything about it, he changed the subject. I love how Abbie dismissed the girl from forensics after she was checking for Crane. lmao.

Pandora seems really interesting, I'm really excited to see what kind of trouble she's going to cause, and what's motivating her.

I loved Ichabbie hugging it out, imo that was the first time in the episode that the distance between them seemed to fade. They're so freaking cute, who hugs that long, especially when your sister is knocked out laying on the ground. How come every time he tries to handle stuff without her he almost gets himself killed. Ichabod is all in for this being the second tribulation, and I think Abbie is just hoping that he isn't gravitating toward that because he feels out of place. How many times does she have to tell him that he's not alone, and he belongs for him to believe it, I think it bothers her when he says stuff like that. I can't imagine how she could have been a better friend to him, so if he's feeling some type of way that's really just something within him.

Sorry this is so foolishly long, I kind of really missed this show. I do believe that it will get even better as the season continues. Can't wait for the next episode.

and Blackhoney I am so there with you I really want to see different sides of Abbie, I hope she's flushed out a lot more this season!
Old 10-02-2015, 04:26 AM
New Fan

I will say I enjoyed the episode.I laughed at loud on many occasions. I liked the fact that Abbie didn't pine away for Crane after he left.

I really really REALLY liked that.

She understood him enough to know that he needed space and trusted that he wasn't in layng and rotting in a ditch somewhere and went on with her life.

It's a powerful message of not obsessing over someone who is not obsessing over you. What is more, we wanted to see Abbie without Crane and we got it! What is more, they clearly stated she was "on the fast track."

I will say that I have been an Ichabbie since S1, but I really like that Abbie is not interested in Crane romantically. As a black lady (my mom raised me to be a lady) I really hate seeing black ladies pinning over white guys and those guys not seeing them as anything more than a buddy or a side-chick.

Abbie on the other hand values Crane as a partner, and friend, but apparently not like family (as she clearly let Crane know he was not alone even though he didn't have family LOL) but she doesn't seem to realize that he is a man too.

Even in season 2 she always seemed perplexed when women showed interest in Crane, this was even more apparent when the lab assistant kept looking at Crane.

There was no jealousy in Abbie's dismissal, just complete obliviousness to the fact that her friend is a good looking man that turns heads. I thought it was completely hilarious.

I am really curious to the type of guy that makes Abbie notice that he is a "man" and not just a male.

I am glad that Abbie is not jealous of any of Crane's relationships with women. Especially since, from past season's we know this does not hold true with Ichabod. I wonder how he is going to respond to her ex working with her. I wonder if he will extend the obviously false and stilted support he gave when he thought she liked Hawley. Or will he point his finger at the guy, give evil-eyes, purposefully stand in-between them, talk bad about him behind his back, and be straight-up mean... like he usually does when a guy approaches Abbie. LOL

I wonder how the writers are going to play this, because they have put an invariable "harem" around Crane. However, in those types of stories, there is always one girl the audience knows that the guy likes the "most" even though he never truly pursues her. (sigh)

The writers already gave us an "easter egg", that the person who will make Crane "loose all decorum" was not Betsy Ross, even though they kissed and had a very intimate relationship that Crane bragged about. I think...well, as of right now... Betsy is a romantic interest that isn't competition to Abbie, since she was even pre-Katrina. Which was smart on the writer's part. We will see if she time-jumps. She probably will.

One can say that the "passion" Crane will experience was with Katrina, but I don't think so... My reasoning is because the flashback was set-up as if his "passion" has still not awakened yet. It was a foreshadow of things to come.

It might be the new bad guy..err.. girl.. bad girl...(that sounds weird) but I think she's married. Since she consider's the box her dowery... but then again, maybe she is looking for a husband. IDK Her songs were about wedding anniversaries.

I think the passion and the endgame is Abbie, though. Crane's already killed his wife for her and he is determined to force Abbie into believing that their purpose together is nowhere near over. He was right, of course, but he was doing this even before he had definite proof.

Abbie was like, "you're only saying this because you want us to be together. I have a life now, a good one, a new purpose."

Crane was like, "No!... your life is tied with mine. 4000 years ago we were predicted to be together! You got to believe me, you're my destiny, and I'm yours. Our fate's are entwined. It even mentioned Sleepy Hollow and everything... I might have left...but I'm never letting you leave me. So there, hmph"

And Abbie...laughed... as she told him he was out-of-his-mind.

LOL! The crazy thing about that aforementioned statement is that even though the words are not verbatim, that is the whole gist of the conversation.

At times, I wondered if the writers were trying to create a Jenny/Ichabod ship...then I remembered it was already there for some. LOL. It's the first time I could see the possibility.

Hey... did anyone else see on the box Jenny was going through that it said "Jenny Corbin" Not..Jenny/Corbin. Hmmmm?

Again, I did like the epi. It gave a true platform for everyone having a life that does not revolve around Crane and his personal drama. Mostly Abbie. ^__^

It answered questions about Irving and Headless without making plot-holes.

I am glad they separated for those 9months too. I mean... Crane killed his wife for Abbie. That's a lot of guilt for both of them to carry. They probably gave each other that space because it was easier than dealing with it.

At the end though, I wondered why Abbie wasn't worried about Jenny after she killed the demon... then i remembered she didn't know about their plan. She didn't know her sister was with Crane chasing demons. Abbie just probably followed the sounds of gun shots during that hostage situation, and ended up saving Crane. I wonder what she is going to do when she realizes her sister is laying flat-out on the second floor.

I knew Abbie's partner was going to die, either in that epi or later. I thought he was going to be a demon or something though. Poor little "red shirt" (Star Trek reference)

Can't wait for next week!

Last edited by Babychan1778; 10-02-2015 at 04:35 AM
Old 10-02-2015, 07:39 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babychan1778 (View Post)
I will say that I have been an Ichabbie since S1, but I really like that Abbie is not interested in Crane romantically.
I have loved the lack of romantic interest that she's shown him, I don't think I would have liked this story if their roles had been reversed. He does get the warmest little looks from her, I don't think I've see Abbie look at anyone the way she looks at him sometimes, but she's never said anything. I think that he's actually said a few things that have made me think he was peeking in her direction, ie, spellcaster when he asked if she given any thought to their future? and she flatly replied no and kept it moving. He seemed annoyed at how lost his words were on her.

I also like that we haven't seen her jealous of the women who check him out. I think the only thing we've seen was her kind of reacting to him off doctoring Katrina while she worked alone with her pizza for one I forgot the epi, but I didn't think that was really jealousy, just her kind of sad that her working partner/friend was being pulled away, and she was having to go at a lot of stuff they would have normally done together alone. I died laughing when she dismissed the forensics lady, she was looking at her like be professional.

I do think she sees Ichabod, because of the way she looks at him sometimes. I don't think she notices the attention he's gives her, at all. I haven't seen her pay any attention to any of her suitors, I think that will change this season.

I agree they definitely needed that long break, too much had happened. I don't think he would have called were it not for what happened with the necklace. I've gone missing, I've had friends go missing, so that's normal to me, but it doesn't seem like Abbie is going to be willing to relinquish the life she has now, and I wonder if that has something to do with his extended absence. The fact that he was ready to tackle the case and she was like let me drop you off because I have stuff to do I think shows she not just going to drop everything for this.

Last edited by GirLunLoosed; 10-02-2015 at 07:42 AM Reason: I can't spel
Old 10-02-2015, 09:27 AM
Passionate Fan

I like them as friends/a team. However, I do hope that if the show lasts another season or two, that they eventually see each as a romantic interest.

I think they have great chemistry. Also, they need to bring back Hawley, and set him and Jenny up.

Last edited by McCallDavisWinchesterFan; 10-02-2015 at 11:27 AM
Old 10-02-2015, 10:50 AM
Dedicated Fan

I thought the episode was really good. There were times where I felt, as did some of you, that their chemistry was off. But that's easily explained by their time apart.

The scene in the jail tugged at my heart. Abbie seemed genuinely hurt at his absence even though she had moved on. I love the fact that she took charge of what she wanted and joined the Feds.

I'm torn about where I want to see their relationship go in this season. I love them together with the bond they have now. I sometimes want more... but it's quickly dismissed. When and if they were to profess anything more than friendly feelings towards each other, I think Crane would be all in. And I'm not sure I see her ready for that.

With all that said, I'm so happy it's back. I do miss Orlando Jones. A lot more than I thought I would. But I am so happy to have Jenny back and hilarious as ever. And Ichabbie seems to be on the path to mending their relationship and moving forward together.

Wahoo!!
There is nothing that can take the pain away. But eventually, you will find a way to live with it. There will be nightmares. And everyday when you wake up, it will be the first thing you think about. Until one day, it’s the second. ~ Raymond “Red" Reddington, The Blacklist
Old 10-03-2015, 06:39 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

oh wow, Sleepy Hollow is back better than ever!
Old 10-03-2015, 11:08 AM
Passionate Fan

I know, right? I just hope the show can keep it up. If this season brings back the greatness of S1, then there's a good chance the show will get renewed for S4, which I'd love.
Old 10-04-2015, 03:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I really enjoyed the episode and it has pulled me off the I'm not sure about the show list. Hopefully it can keep up the momentum, but yikes about the ratings.
Old 10-04-2015, 05:05 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Stranger Things

I finally saw it and was very good. I hope the rest of the episodes are the same .

BRICS
🙏🕯️
🇵🇸 🕊️#stopIsraelgenocide
Old 10-05-2015, 01:58 AM
Passionate Fan

*Fingers crossed* that Thursday brings more awesomeness for this season.
Old 10-05-2015, 12:28 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Stranger Things

I sure hope so.
I thought at first that the first episode would be kind of slow but in terms of action was awesome .

BRICS
🙏🕯️
🇵🇸 🕊️#stopIsraelgenocide
Old 10-05-2015, 09:05 PM
Passionate Fan

Same here. I worried that the first episode would be slow or wouldn't make any sense.

Glad to have been wrong on both accounts.
Old 10-06-2015, 05:36 AM
Passionate Fan

I, too, was very pleased with this first episode of season 3. I like how it picked up with Abby and Ichabod about a number of months and after they had moved forward in their lives. They had a respite from fighting evil.

This was the old SH again with their historical references solidly in place. LOL on the take on "don't shoot until you see the whites of their eye," and the red devil. Whatever that red thing was called, if I could remember it, I'm sure it's full story would be on the internet somewhere. I really enjoy that part of the show.

Wishing Ichabod wouldn't be so ....... puritancial about a female's touch. Betsy surprised him with a kiss, and Jenny shocked him with an embrace. Come on Icky, loosen up. Enjoy a woman's touch.
^my only negative comment.

Looking forward to the developement of Pandora and Betsy.
Old 10-06-2015, 09:34 AM
Master Fan

i like Pandora as the new villain