Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-29-2013, 09:04 PM
Part-Time Fan

Lol sounds like we're on the same page with our headcanons, Kat!

That artwork is so pretty.
Old 12-29-2013, 10:25 PM
Elite Fan

I love that art.

Quote:
Originally Posted by violetmoon (View Post)
It was bad enough that they were doing it before he died, but they're STILL doing it? They're terrible and don't deserve your sympathy. I'm sorry you've had to experience this.
Some still are.. the ones who were worst before. I've pretty much left the whole fandom though, so I don't have to see too much. And dealing with the fandom pales in comparison to dealing with him dying and losing two ships that way. But still, they were/are completely awful.. bullies, and I do wonder what impact that had. Anyway, thanks.
Old 12-30-2013, 06:54 AM
Master Fan

That forehead touch is the single most beautiful thing they've had in this entire show. So far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyls (View Post)
Some still are.. the ones who were worst before. I've pretty much left the whole fandom though, so I don't have to see too much. And dealing with the fandom pales in comparison to dealing with him dying and losing two ships that way. But still, they were/are completely awful.. bullies, and I do wonder what impact that had. Anyway, thanks.
It's always been kinda fascinating to me, how passive-aggressive behaviour finds it's way into online fandoms. With some in the Lost fandom, I'd read their hatred and think to myself "are these people REALLY that crazy IRL???" I don't think most of them are...I think it's just a safe outlet to vent frustrations, for various different reasons. But sometimes it starts to cross lines and when those sorts of passive-aggressive attacks are being made on the real people behind the characters/story?

Nathan Fillion, forever my Cap'n!, had an interesting tweet a few days ago (and I don't know the story behind it, but I hope everything is ok with him): Just a friendly reminder of the difference btwn real life and tv, and that death threats are a federal offense.

And that sums it up perfectly, I think, in many cases. The lines b/t real and fictional television gets blurred for some people who may already be very fragile in their real lives. They seem to have absolutely nothing else positive to focus on, so they begin relating to these made-up characters and stories on a dangerous level. Some take it too far, and actors end up with stalkers outside their front door. It's fascinating and terrifying human behaviour, all at once.

I don't believe that a few sad, nasty crazies in fandom would have had much impact on Cory's relapse, though. By all accounts, he was doing great, was very happy in his personal and professional life. But heroin is infamous for being one of the most deadly and addictive/hard to kick drugs known to man. His addiction problem began many years earlier, long before his fame, and at the time of his death he was away from his support system. And that's all it takes...that one time, where he was alone, and no one could get to him in time to help. What's most sad to me is the "coulda, shoulda woulda" game that will forever be played by the ones he left behind. Lea probably thinks on a daily basis "if only I'd been with him."

‘If I fall and die, it will still have been worth it,’ she had thought.
Old 12-30-2013, 07:26 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceKat055 (View Post)
But sometimes it starts to cross lines and when those sorts of passive-aggressive attacks are being made on the real people behind the characters/story?
Yeah, the actors shouldn't be blamed for character stuff.

Quote:
Nathan Fillion, forever my Cap'n!, had an interesting tweet a few days ago (and I don't know the story behind it, but I hope everything is ok with him): Just a friendly reminder of the difference btwn real life and tv, and that death threats are a federal offense.
Yikes, sounds like he's being attacked by 'fans' alright. Or maybe he's witnessed it being done with someone else.

Quote:
I don't believe that a few sad, nasty crazies in fandom would have had much impact on Cory's relapse, though. By all accounts, he was doing great, was very happy in his personal and professional life. But heroin is infamous for being one of the most deadly and addictive/hard to kick drugs known to man. His addiction problem began many years earlier, long before his fame, and at the time of his death he was away from his support system. And that's all it takes...that one time, where he was alone, and no one could get to him in time to help. What's most sad to me is the "coulda, shoulda woulda" game that will forever be played by the ones he left behind. Lea probably thinks on a daily basis "if only I'd been with him."
Yeah.. sad for everyone who loved him, and for Cory too.
Old 12-30-2013, 11:01 AM
Master Fan

Seriously. Ichatrina hair commercial. NOW.

Old 12-30-2013, 03:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Speaking of their physical perfection, they both have facial scars. Never noticed Katia's in the show but it's under her right eyebrow.
Old 12-30-2013, 04:04 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyls (View Post)
Any time. I may not be a part of the Glee fandom, but I know that the people who loved Cory (and still do) far outweigh those who didn't, and that his death has impacted millions of people's lives. The whole situation is terrible and tragic, and I hope things get better for you and all those who have had to mourn for someone you care so deeply about.

Last edited by violetmoon; 01-02-2014 at 07:05 PM
Old 12-30-2013, 04:18 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprezzatura (View Post)
Speaking of their physical perfection, they both have facial scars. Never noticed Katia's in the show but it's under her right eyebrow.
Perfect imperfections, the both of 'em!

Old 12-30-2013, 05:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

They don't even try and cover up Tom's. Probably use it as an 'Ichabod battle scar'. Katia's is always covered up by her fringe or a hat .
Old 12-30-2013, 05:56 PM
Master Fan

Oh wow, yeah that's so subtle, I'd have never noticed it!

Old 12-30-2013, 06:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It's only because Love Sick Love had tons of close ups of her face not that I'm complaining.

I really hope we get more flashbacks between these two in the last few episodes... but fingers crossed they're saving the good stuff for S2.
Old 12-30-2013, 06:20 PM
Master Fan

Katia tweeted earlier tonight (they've wrapped S1 filming!) and called the last scene they shot "truly beautiful." My mind immediately assumed "truly beautiful" means a scene between Ichatrina as she's just been released from Purgatory, she and Ichabod are clinging to one another, sobbing and hugging and kissing.

Right before they realize that Moloch has sucked either Abbie or Jenny into Purgatory in Katrina's place and BLAMMO, shocked/horrified faces, fade to black, see ya next season!

Old 12-30-2013, 06:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I got Ichatrina reunion vibes too. Girl ships them hard. Well it's her job to but still.

Not Jenny! Please not Jenny. I need my Katrina/Jenny BAMF tag team.
Old 12-30-2013, 06:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Wrong thread ooops
Old 12-30-2013, 06:39 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I got Ichatrina reunion vibes too. Girl ships them hard. Well it's her job to but still.
Certainly can't blame her...nevermind the fact that SHE gets to stand there, have Tom Mison gazing deep into her eyes swearing to her that he'll save her and they'll be together - - AND she gets paid to do it! #SONOTFAIR

Quote:
Not Jenny! Please not Jenny. I need my Katrina/Jenny BAMF tag team.
I'll to that!!!