Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2015, 10:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

2x07 - "Mommy's Little Monster" - Episode Discussion (November 2nd)

2x07 "Mommy's Little Monster"
Episode Discusssion

Butch leads Penguin and his men to the warehouse where Gertrude is being held, as Penguin plots his revenge on Galavan for kidnapping his mother. Meanwhile, Nygma deals with the aftermath of a deadly accident in the all new “Rise of the Villains: Mommy’s Little Monster” episode of GOTHAM airing Monday, Nov. 2 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (GTH-207) (TV-14 D, L, V)
Old 11-02-2015, 07:34 PM
Master Fan

This episode a solid 8/10.

- Goodbye Gertrude Cobblepot .

- Butch turning his back against Oswald wasn't a surprise could smell a set up .

- The shoot out with Zsasz and Gordon & Bullock was intense.

- Ahhh Selina vs. Silver. So Silver is in on it after all. Get away from Bruce. Just kidding we all know Selina will save you. But please take your head out of your ass.

- The transformation of The Riddler is complete.

- Gordon vs Theo will be fun to watch.

Excited for the show next week.
Old 11-03-2015, 03:00 AM
Master Fan

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo!

I was so upset! <that was literally my first reaction to this episode.

This ep was so good I felt for Selina . I loved her line to Alfred I thought it was a little to rushed for silver to say what she said to Selina.

Bruce looked older in this ep
I was a little bit surprised at his reaction when Selina walked in and like that he was hiding silver I don't see why he would need to hide that.

Poor penguin seriously has he not gone through enough. I'm glad Jim knows it was out of character for penguin to do what he's accused of. Not sure who penguin was talking about when he said to Jim "it concerns someone you care for" I was thinking maybe Bruce but how would he know about that.

Nygma wAs good again not related to anything but I loved his end scene

And far out tabithas pretty ruthless

Join the The Goldbergs Campaign

Last edited by Marki; 11-03-2015 at 03:50 AM
Old 11-03-2015, 05:13 AM
Passionate Fan

Last night's episode "Mommy's Little Monster" was fine as they all are, just not spectacular. This was a plot mover type story. Lots of information in regarding numerous storylines.

Penguin found his mom! This was played so well by Robin and Carol, such gut wrenching events that I felt for Penguin. He really loved his mom. At times I viewed that relationship as weird and almost inappropriate, still her death brought him to such tears of son love for his mom because she really was his only true friend who accepted him 100%. Penguin has changed so much from season 1 after he "killed" Fish. Now with the capture of his mother he became desperately motivated and ruthless in what he chose to do because of it. He was/is just cutting down all his "friends" in the effort to maintain his top status. Is it worth it Penguin? Really?

Selina and Bruce, she is his true friend along with Alfred, but she has been sent to the outside their inner circle. Oo that Silver, a conniving little bee-otch. Silver in service to Galavan, gack. Selina held her own and didn't back down from her. Selina however has been pushed to the outside.

Then the hardest story to watch was that of Edward Nygma. He was teetering on the edge since he killed the abusive detective imo. maybe before that as he endured his oddness and outsideness with the the GCPD.
I wanted to close my eyes and not see him address his alter ego and what he had done. I wanted to go back to last week and let Ed redeem himself. I wasn't ready for the Riddler to emerge.

I believe this epi was a view inside the brains of each of these mentioned characters. We've seen their motivations, what makes them tick to the darkside and what pushed them to their limits. It has been their isolation from most of their surrounding humanity. Their utter aloneness and inability to communicate to others that set them apart.

Each week this show brings new (dark) light to the Batman mythology.
Old 11-03-2015, 06:48 AM
Master Fan

I will say they took liberties with Silver's character. I don't believe she's a villain in the comics. She is though one of the few love interests that knows Bruce Wayne and Batman are the same person.

I will admit I am waiting for that Selina vs Silver confrontation. I suspect Selina will be the one saving Bruce.
Old 11-03-2015, 10:19 AM
Elite Fan

Yep, saw it coming that Butch would turn on Penguin. Aww but Penguin broke me when his mother was killed right in front of him. I really hope he brings an end to Theo. Even though it didn't work, I did love his plan with all the fake Penguins making an attack.

But I'm disappointed they made Silver in on Theo's plan. Not because I'd prefer her and Bruce to Selina/Bruce, because I don't, but everything's coming way too easily to Theo right now and it's made everyone else in Gotham look stupid. At least Selina, unlike Bruce, can see passed the facade and I'm sure there will be more Selina vs. Silver to come. I also loved Selina's "slap in the face" comment to Alfred

I'm also glad Jim finally rubbed two braincells together and figured out Theo's bad. I don't feel like Theo even tries to hide his villainy, even when he's "appearing" good.

Even though it's been separate so far, I've enjoyed Ed's back and forth with himself. I just hope he doesn't become full blown Riddler already since it's still S2 and Bruce has a ways to go before becoming Batman.

Excited for next week though. Finally some Jim vs. Barbara. They're so much better as enemies.
Old 11-03-2015, 10:48 AM
Obsessed Fan

10/10

This episode was absolutely perfect. It's by far the best of Gotham to date.
Old 11-04-2015, 08:52 AM
Extreme Fan

To those asking what Penguin meant when he said it what Galavan was doing concerned someone Gordon cares about, my first thought is that he was probably talking about Bruce. I could be wrong though.
Old 11-04-2015, 11:48 AM
Master Fan

I was thinking bruce too but we never saw a scene with Galahad saying he wants to kill
Bruce with penguin there did we? And how does penguin even know that Gordon cares about bruce

Join the The Goldbergs Campaign
Old 11-04-2015, 12:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I also thought Bruce...Oswald knows Jim is dating Lee, so he's been digging information on him, he might know about Bruce and Jim being close.
And he also knows Galavan is out there to get Waynes, Bruce is the only one left, so he just put two and two together.
Old 11-04-2015, 03:10 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marki (View Post)
I was thinking bruce too but we never saw a scene with Galahad saying he wants to kill
Bruce with penguin there did we? And how does penguin even know that Gordon cares about bruce
Well, Penguin knows the history of Galavan's family, the knife, and the situation with his family and the Waynes in history. It's possible he was able to put a bunch of it together himself.
Old 11-05-2015, 06:26 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern_xTC (View Post)
To those asking what Penguin meant when he said it what Galavan was doing concerned someone Gordon cares about, my first thought is that he was probably talking about Bruce. I could be wrong though.
I feel the same.

Bruce?

Leigh?

Barbara?
Old 11-05-2015, 06:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

He could've meant Barbara too..but I doubt it.
Old 11-05-2015, 07:53 AM
Obsessed Fan

He certainly meant Bruce, and it's not a stretch at all that he's figured that one out.
Old 11-05-2015, 08:52 AM
Extreme Fan

Yeah, I mean Penguin's certainly been able to figure a lot of things out and shown himself to be a puppet master before.