Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2015, 07:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

2x03 - "The Last Laugh" - Episode Discussion (October 5th)

2x03 "The Last Laugh"
Episode Discussion

Gordon and Bullock track down a nemesis from the past, leading to a standoff between Jerome (guest-star Cameron Monaghan) and Gordon. Meanwhile, a magic show at the Gotham Children’s Hospital gala turns into a hostage situation in the all-new “Rise of the Villains: The Last Laugh” episode of GOTHAM airing Monday, Oct. 5 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (GTH-203) (TV-14 L, V)
Old 10-05-2015, 06:53 PM
Master Fan

Alright.

This episode was a shocking twist I didn't expect at all. That my jaw dropped open when it had happened.

- I loved that Batman, Jim and Alfred all worked together to save the day. Even though the credit won't go to them. More on that below.Team Batman y'all.

- I loved seeing the Penguin in the episode. I missed him last week.

- Barbara continues to get better and better as a villain. Much better improvement over her arc in S1.

- Alfred coming out to Leslie throughout the night was hilarious laugh out loud moments.

- Loved the Bruce and Selina moments. Batman and Catwoman forever.

- I missed Edward Nygma but I understand why he wasn't needed here this episode.

- Theo is gonna be a forced to be reckoned with. I found his speech/act for the cameras hammy. I have a theory of who he might be involved with. I hope its the Court of Owls... hardcore Batman comic book readers might know what I'm talking about. I didn't see Theo's betrayal and killing Jerome coming. I like the fact his master plan of being seen a hero is coming to fruition.

- Cameron Monaghan has been a joy to watch on this show. This guy is going to be a huge. huge star. So it was sad to see him go. The fact he's not the Joker but inspires the real one is a very interesting take. Nevertheless, I am sad to see him go and will admit that he's not the Clown Prince of Crime.
Old 10-05-2015, 09:14 PM
Master Fan

I was really shocked that Cameron's joker wasn't the real joker and he got killed.

I'm still thinking that Barbara is heading towards becoming Harley Quinn.

I really loved the tension between Bruce and Jerome. That was settling up the rivalry between Batman and the Joker.

Who Are You and What Do You Want?

ic: shinebrighterxx
Jason Morgan | Wanda Maximoff | Prince Zuko/Mai | Prince Zuko/ Sukka | Draco/Pansy/Blaise/Theo | Princess Zelda / Link | Clark & Lois
Old 10-06-2015, 05:44 AM
Passionate Fan

Shue
*wipes brow*

That was an exciting episode. I've missed the first two. This one was gang buster great. This show had really walked the tightrope with what is acceptable for prime time tv imo. Barbara and that other woman, gack, Barbie walks would with a very interstingly shaped whip handle and all smiley. Then she starts to schmooz up that woman's brother.
Barbara is a nympho for sure, and I think that was also part of her comic book character, atleast I read that somewhere.

The young man, Jerry, was so much the Joker, but he was the curse like his dad said. So many other denizens of GC started to act just like him. I'm not sure that he is actually dead. Might his heart start to beat again after his blood is built up, replenished from the loss? Time will tell.

Harvey, Jim Gordon's partner, is it Harvey Dent? He is looking much less scruffy and much more suave this year.
Old 10-06-2015, 05:49 AM
Elite Fan

I'm so disappointed about Jerome. I can understand wanting there to be layers to what makes the Joker emerge and to keep some mystery about him, because I do think that's an alluring thing about the character, but they had the part casted perfectly and wasted it on a fakeout. I also think the end goes to show just how hard it must be to get the laugh right. Not that I think any of the laughers at the end will be the real Joker but I wasn't impressed with any of them.

I liked the episode until that part though.
Old 10-06-2015, 06:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'll post my thoughts later, but all I wanna say right now is that...I'm incredibly disappointed Jerome died. INCREDIBLY Gotham writers!!!

What blue winter roses said tbh. He's flawless! I don't get why they did it. A lot of people tuned in the show because of Cameron. Such a waste.
Old 10-06-2015, 09:52 AM
Master Fan

I'm let down too. I do find it fascinating though that people who hated him in the beginning are now upset he's dead.

Alfred solidified he is one of my favorites on that show. Jim's face was priceless when he saw how Alfred was interacting with Leslie. So was Bruce's.
Old 10-06-2015, 10:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yep. He really won almost everyone over, even those that hated the idea of Joker being introduced so early. I feel like the writers chickened out because of that, didn't want to mess with the canon. But it's ridiculous to assume they didn't know the public fell in love with him. Everyone and their grandmother was crazy about Jerome (no pun intended ), so why killing him when he brought so much to the show? They could've just write him off, and then bring back a few seasons later.

Omg, Alfred/Lee was one of my favorite moments of the episode, they already have more chemistry than Jim/Lee I'm on with this ship.
Old 10-06-2015, 12:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

No longer watching. The Last Laugh... got that right, jokes on them.
Old 10-06-2015, 12:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That sucks you don't wanna watch anymore. I can't blame you though
Old 10-06-2015, 01:17 PM
Master Fan

This was never his story. I think its better to not know who the Joker is. Only have Batman 1989 film and this show Gotham gave him a name. I liked it better that not knowing who he was. Just some maniac who does things because he's a lunatic.

I like Cameron on the show but I don't think he was signed for a regular. He was probably only going to be around for a few episodes.

Good luck to the people who checking out though. Hopefully you'll fine something on Monday nights to enjoy watching.
Old 10-06-2015, 01:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

True, but they shouldn't have casted such a perfect actor for the role, because it all goes to waste now. I'll continue watching of course, but I'm pretty angry and disappointed and frankly rather tired to see them writing/killing off good characters for no reason at all.
Old 10-06-2015, 01:35 PM
Master Fan

Well Jerome done some pretty heinous stuff. It wasn't gonna even well for him in the long run.
Old 10-06-2015, 01:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

But so did every other Batman villian and they always got away with things

Also can we talk about that Jerome/Bruce scene One of the absolute highlights of the episode. They had such strong Joker/Batman thing going on, SO MUCH CHEMISTRY.
Old 10-07-2015, 04:30 AM
Passionate Fan

I was enjoying the interaction between Leigh and Alfred. He was mos def flirting with her. She was just about to turn him down when he mentioned a chef that she was trying to experience. She almost could not turn that down. Then Leigh had to do her MC duties which also stopped her from the turn down.

LOL, finally Alfred got it when he saw Jim and Leigh kiss. LOL This was a fun and different aspect of the episode. Those two did have grand chemistry and I was wondering if they just might make a connection in the future after hearing Barbara's claim of reuniting with Jim. She said her and Jim both have a dark side, yet I can not think of any of Jim's darkness other than pretending to shoot Penguin.