Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-01-2013, 12:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

Theodora {Oz the Great and Powerful} #1: Because we love the Wicked Witch of the West!

thesupporters;
001. jakesprincess
002.fragileღheart
003.taysgurl
004.CarlaTVD
005.ღThetis
006.science girlfriend
007.KeepThisaSecret
008.CassandraBlu
009.FollowYourღ
010.baelfire24
011.Jacquelyn

"A mischievous magician gains the wisdom to become a powerful ruler after being swept away to a land of magic and mystery as director Sam Raimi and screenwriters Mitchell Kapner and David Lindsay-Abaire (Rabbit Hole) explore the genesis of author L. Frank Baum's enduring tales of Oz. Shady illusionist Oscar Diggs (James Franco) enchants curious audiences at a Kansas circus. A self-professed con man, he's a fast-talking performer who aspires to follow in the footsteps of inventors like Thomas Edison. Oscar is being chased across the circus grounds by the rampaging Strongman when a tornado blows in and everyone runs for cover. Seeing a hot-air balloon as his only chance for escape, the illusionist jumps in and cuts himself free. Magically transported to the wondrous world of Oz, he soon encounters Theodora (Mila Kunis), a temperamental witch who surmises that he is the wizard named after their land (Oscar's nickname is Oz), foretold to fall from the sky, defeat a nasty witch, and ascend to the throne. Theodora takes Oscar to the Emerald City to meet her sister Evanora (Rachel Weisz), a powerful witch who reveals that he cannot become the rightful ruler of Oz until he's accomplished his mission. Later, as Oscar and his new flying-monkey companion Finley (voice of Zach Braff) prepare to face their fearsome enemy, they're joined by the fragile but fearless China Girl (voice of Joey King) and benevolent witch Glinda the Good (Michelle Williams), who help them prepare for the arduous battle ahead. Together with the brave people of Oz, Oscar draws up a plan to rid the land of evil once and for all, and become the great and powerful king who will rule from his throne in the Emerald City.

futuretitles;
coming soon

previousthreads;
001 ; 002 ; 003 ; 004 ; 005

Last edited by jakesprincess; 07-13-2014 at 10:49 PM
Old 05-01-2013, 12:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

thanks for starting! Love the title!!
Old 05-01-2013, 12:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

np!

Quote:
Sequel to ‘Oz the Great and Powerful’ in the Works

With expectations of a box-office bonanza this weekend, Disney is already planning a sequel to Oz the Great and Powerful, THR has confirmed.
Mitchell Kapner has been hired to write a script for the follow-up, which would continue the adventures of Oz, played by James Franco.
Kapner came up with the concept and ideas for the origin story of Oz, basing it on the classic L. Frank Baum books, pitching it to producer Joe Roth, who set it up at Disney, and writing the initial drafts. He shares screenwriting credit with David Lindsay-Abaire, who came on board later in the process.
Roth would be back as producer.

The movie stars Franco, Mila Kunis, Rachel Weisz and Michelle Williams. Sam Raimi directed the fantasy tentpole, which, despite getting lukewarm reviews, is tracking to open at in the $80 million to $90 million range this weekend. That should go a long way toward off-setting the mega-budget, which was far north of $200 million.

Before Oz, Kapner wrote The Whole Nine Yards and its sequel, The Whole Ten Yards, and also worked on the action movie Romeo Must Die. He is repped by Gersh and Fineman Entertainment. Planning for sequels to tentpoles has become increasingly the norm in Hollywood, with movies ranging from Snow White and Huntsman to comedies such as the Hangover series engaging in the practice.
Old 05-01-2013, 01:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Heartstopper

Not a huge Mila fan but I loved her part in the movie!!! So I will totally visit this thread
nick ♥ charlie
jordan ○ icon
Old 05-01-2013, 02:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I should see this movie.
Old 05-01-2013, 02:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

awesome Marian, thanks!
Old 05-01-2013, 02:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

it was fun to see in 3D! i wonder if they'll do the sequel in 3D too

Quote:
‘Oz’ actress Mila Kunis on Raimi, CGI and the ‘timeless’ original

Sam Raimi’s “Oz the Great and Powerful” gives each of the Ozian ladies her turn in the spotlight. Benevolent witch Glinda (Michelle Williams) floats in her bubble and rules over the Munchkins, Quadlings and Tinkers. Silver-tongued Evanora (Rachel Weisz) orchestrates the running of the Emerald City. And Theodora, portrayed by Mila Kunis, is a naive young woman who finds herself lovestruck by mysterious stranger Oscar “Oz” Diggs (James Franco).

For Kunis, the role represented a chance to once again act with Franco, one of her “dearest, closest friends,” she said, and to work with Raimi — a director she has long admired.

“Sam is the most collaborative director I’ve ever worked with,” she said. “He wears a suit every day to work out of respect to the crew …. He is willing to hear other people’s opinions, and he doesn’t come in with an ego or self-righteousness.”

The visually opulent film was a massive production — a new experience for Kunis, who had “never done anything of this size or magnitude,” she said.
That’s not to say she’s inexperienced. The 29-year-old Ukraine-born actress has been acting since she was a child. Kunis made a name for herself playing shallow cheerleader Jackie Burkhart on “That ’70s Show” — a role she landed at age 14. Soon after she began voicing Meg Griffin on “Family Guy,” then she turned heads in 2008 when she played the love interest in “Forgetting Sarah Marshall.” Kunis’ performance opposite Natalie Portman in Darren Aronofsky’s 2010 art-house hit “Black Swan” earned her supporting actress nominations for Golden Globe and Screen Actors Guild awards.
Old 05-01-2013, 03:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

^ that's a good question!
Old 05-01-2013, 05:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

I need to see this movie.

{taek su mi sun}
Old 05-01-2013, 05:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Always Choose You (View Post)
I need to see this movie.
yes go see it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixonxnavade (View Post)
I should see this movie.
yes you should!
Old 05-01-2013, 05:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

I'll probably wait til' it's out on DVD and then watch it,

{taek su mi sun}
Old 05-01-2013, 06:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for starting the thread.
May I be added?